October 25, 2014 | 968 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Givenchy - Acti Mine Make Up Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 5 shades but only got to try the Plum one because I don't want to open them all to avoid expiration.

The Acti Plum is supposed to be used on dull yellow skin to brighten it before foundation. I have NC30 golden-yellow undertone and have a couple of dark spots from very old acne scars that did not go and remained there. I thought that using this would help the spots appear less dull and greyish, and it did!

Cannot be used alone because you will be left with a blue face but once you apply your foundation over it, you will see that it appears bright and fresh. Very opaque colour to this base so it really does what it says.

Lovely smell and provides a matte finish, this is not a slippery or gel-based primer, so make sure to moisturise before using it because it will cling to dry patches. Helps the foundation last longer for sure.

I only hoped it comes in a pump bottle considering the price of £27, but I could always get it on ebay for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lydandjam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The product is an amazing product, it just covers all my blemishes, it doesn't break me out, not too expensive it's just over all amazing and makes you skin look flawless when you have a decent foundation over it. I will buy it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jarrah

I thought primers were overrated until I used my Retin-A last winter. For all the people who use Retin-A, I have so much respect for you guys LOL

even though i have oily to combo skin, I felt like my skin needed more than just a moisturizer, maybe a Primer.
And so i have used my mom's Clarins Lisse Minute and it was good, but not as much as I wanted. And so I had a new mission to find the perfect primer.
Last week I went back to Givenchy counter cuz' I liked their Vax'In Serum sample, and boy was this my lucky day.

I bought this base in acti-peach and it"s the best Primer i have ever used. and I think everyone should get this color cuz' It's super nice, got so many good ingredients, an SPF, a GLOWY Moisturizer, a perfect tint that suits all shades and it's not expensive.
I don't think there's such thing as a perfect primer but this one is totally the closest thing to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by hintay89

i don't like the package ,not special and sometimes i take alot morethan i want . I have Kiwi ,its really nice, i dont know its good for my skin prevent bad things from foundation or not but it really helps my foundation and power last longer . It make my brown spots( a little because ances gone) out , i'm happy with it. its not so expensive like some Givenchy's stuff , i will buy it again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lindas1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've this is both kiwi and milk. I've very pale skin and can have problems with redness. My skin goes from dry in the winter to combo/oily in the summer and I find the base works well all year. The kiwi definitly helps to take down my redness while the milk i find is great for evening out my skin on days when red is not my main problem.

I loved the fact that this is not a silicone based primer but i understand that people may find it a little heavy and thick to apply but once you get the hang of the application it really is a great product. A little goes a long way so start with a little then add more if needed. As my skin is quite good on some days, once i apply this to even out my skin/cover redness some days i can get away without foundation if i'm in a rush.

This helps with oxidation of foundations as my skin has the nasty habbit of changing foundation colours. I absolutely love this makeup base, for my personal tastes its the best i've found and i've tried alot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Acti Strawberry. It gives nice glow to skin before fndn! I have some redness but it doesn`t accentuate it. It applies almost clear. Mu stays in place very good in my normal/ comb. skin. It gets bit glowy looking, which I like, but not oily during the day. Spf 15 is a plus. 30ml/ 1.Oz is quickly used. No wonder that it says Wake-up skin make-up base, that`s what it is. I plan to try more colours; for redness ( hard to find a good one) and maybe Milk. Pleasent suprise and has not broken me out. I like this better than Smashbox photo light and Diorskin Radiant base, which is also pinkish but feels very dry and doesn`t glide smoothly on skin like this or give any glow. Best primer I have atm.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by anatiku

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought the green base (kiwi). It gives a very sheer coverage, so not much use for my reddish face. Even WORSE - the product contains ALCOHOL and FRAGRANCE !!! Why kill my skin which is sensitive to begin with and make it redder?
What a waste of money.
I prefer Pupa's green corrector in a pen with sponge tip.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VannaPatel

After searching for a product that can help even out my skin tone, diminish my dark circles, and feel light on my skin....I went into the cosmetic counter for Dior (I've wanted to check out the skinflash again..wasnt to sure if I wanted to buy it yet) however while the Dior SA was still on her lunch break I decided to browse some of the products and got approached by the Givenchy SA. She tried the Actimine product on my skin (convincied me Mango was perfect for my needs) and when she put it on, it didnt feel to heavy and felt my skin was getting a fab glow...seemed to have taken away all the flaws on my face and felt matte. In the shop light the shade seemed to be a perfect match and the SA confirmed this. So I did the mistakable and bought it without sort of trying what she put on my face a bit longer and comming back. When I got home the shade looked completly darker. It's as if I had an orange face...I have a skintone that needs yellow and warmth to it...and this product was way too warm. When I tried to reapply the make up a bit lighter handed than the SA did, the flaws wouldnt cover. Also i found that my face was getting too greasy with this product...a big no no for acne-skin like mine. so over all i'm not a huge fan of this product. And for the price, i think there are other skin correctors which can do the job at the same if not cheaper price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JIGSAW79

I don't use it as a primer/base coz I find it too drying if used on its own, so I add to my moisturizer one or two drops, and love the natural glow it gives my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this primer and will never be without it! I have it in shade 6, acti-peach. It smoothens my face really well plus it helps for my dark circles! With this stuff I don't use a concealer anymore. Love that it contains spf15. Best primer, ever!