December 22, 2014 | 1760 users online

Shampoo - ABBA - Pure Gentle Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by smange04

It feels heavy on the hair once dry. Even after many rinses, it doesn't seem to wash out. I lent some to a friend for her try. She hated it, too. How disappointing. Price does not equal quality. I'm sticking to my DermOrganic Shampoo (not the DermOrganic masque, mind you... it has the same effect as this shampoo). Not a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by brudeza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some of the girls reviews. I also noticed it leaves a film in my hair. My scalp has been bump and very itchy latelly so I decided to buy this at TJ Maxx. I will not buy it again, it is not horrible, but it did not do what it promisses either....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by TheBeautyStart

Even tho this shampoo says it is for sensitive scalp, I discovered that it does much more than just soothes the scalp and reduces flakiness and dryness. First of all it smells great, I love it, second it leaves my hair perfectly moisturized and shiny and soft! I don't have to use a lot of hair conditioner to untangle my hair. Also I noticed my hair became thicker and fuller, but I am not 100% sure it was because of this shampoo, but there is a possibility. My co-workers also noticed how good my hair looks! I really-really like Abba hair products and will continue using them. Highly recommend to everyone.
I also adore Abba's new root lifting spray: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/abba-hair-care.html

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kerkergurl

I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo and heard good things about abba. Wanted to try the pure moisture but got this instead. It moisturizes really well and seems to minimize my frizz. It does clean your hair, but compared to sulfate shampoos, not as much. Still I'm happy about what it's doing to my hair. Since I bought the liter size, I wish they could have put a pump top on the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dang, I miss the old ABBA. I was first introduced to the line several years back when a SA steered me towards the jumbo sizes of one of their shampoos (a jojoba based miracle in a bottle) and some kind of hair/body moisturizer that I used as a leave in treatment. Divine. Now I can't seem to find those products since their redesign - if they even still exist. But cherishing the fond memories, I decided to give this gentle shampoo a try.

Thing is, it doesn't even clean my hair. Not really. I lather and rinse twice, sometimes even three times, but there's still a layer of grime on my scalp. Though my hair doesn't necessarily look bad afterwards - it doesn't look good either. I have curly hair and my curls aren't defined as with some other shampoos and is majorly frizzy. :( Honestly, I might not even finish the bottle.

I was actually contemplating giving this zero stars, which I didn't even know was possible, but it does smell okay. So there's always that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have thick, long, damaged hair that has been relaxed and gets flat ironed once a week. I love sulfate free shampoos because they are so gentle. This shampoo is great because it also lathers more that most other sulfate free shampoos, smells incredible and is super gentle. I know most reviewers dislike it, but if you have thick, dry hair like me, perhaps it will work as I like that it cleans yet moisturizes. I will be trying the conditioner next. I also like their color treated line of shampoos and conditioners, though the gentle line smells the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My scalp has been enraged lately....bumpy, itchy, and my hair appears to be thinning! Yikes. I usually use Pureology, but a stylist at Ulta steered me towards this shampoo to use while my scalp is angry. Despite the negative reviews, I really like this stuff. I followed the directions and let it sit on my hair for a minute after a thorough scrub, and when I rinsed, my hair felt baby soft and silky. I have noticed, though, with more "natural" products like ABBA and Pureology, that you have to give your hair a detox period before you see the benefits. It is almost as if the hair is purging the junk from other products before it can start working. This shampoo smells really light and clean, and lathers really well. Good stuff!

Edit: This worked well for a few weeks, and then my hair started to get really funky, and my scalp started to break out again.

Edit Again: So, I'm back to this stuff again....NOTHING else has been working for my poor scalp! I've had better luck using this in conjunction with a weekly clarifying session with another shampoo/conditioner. It seems to provide the necessary break/deep cleaning required to keep this shampoo working more efficiently. I've upped the lippie back to a 4 from a 2, but we shall see....

3rd Edit...and final Edit: Same problem again, except worse this time. Will not buy ever again.....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by stef0nie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a SLS-free shampoo and went to my local beauty supply store. Abba was the only reasonably priced brand AND had a buy one get one half off sale. I really love the clean, fresh scent of the aloe vera in this shampoo. I did notice a sort of "filminess" in my hair after the first few times I used it, but after a few weeks of my Abba routine, my hair feels very healthy and shiny. I think the filminess was due to my hair getting used to the shift from using sulfates to my new shampoo. I would recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a gentle sulfate free shampoo and if you don't mind the $25 price tag for the 34 oz bottle. It was a splurge, and I think it's worth it for how shiny and healthy my hair's looking!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this baby gets no love.

Well, I had gone recently through a reactive phase (had to get steroid shot and cream). Even my previously okay hair products --I'm naturally curly and tend to use mostly natural lines--started giving me itchies and scaly scalp patches.

So, I got this. So soothing. No itchies. My scalp patches healed. I used this in combo with the leave-in Pure Gentle and the Pure Style Gel and my natural curls looked and felt great. Really moisturized and soft.

Well, I'm reordering some to keep in my hair products/lines rotation. I didn't find a weird film in my hair, but this IS a gentle lowpoo, which means it won't strip hair. It won't squeak. :D

My dry and porous curls liked it. My scalp and neck loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

Oh wow...i can't believe what a horrible waste of money this is!!!! I was recommended this to easy my psoriasis, which isn't terrible at all. This is my first "professional" shampoo. I used it the first time and left this thick, oily, greasy film on my hair that made it impossible to manage!!! Even my friends were weirded out by how stiff and gross it looked!! Needless to say I can't return it nor use it. Now trying a new shampoo. What a waste.