December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Pearl Sunlight concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I mixed this w/ my Aussie Perk Me Up for a lovely highlighting powder that I use just under my eyebrow to wake up my eyes. Looks quite pretty on my NC 15 or Fairly Light EM skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Wow, this is great stuff! I got a sample as a freebie when I ordered a blush from EM. The blush didn't work out so well, but this is wonderful! I had been using Aussie Perk-Me-Up mixed with a little mineral veil as a concealer, but this looks more natural. I use it under my mineral foundation, and it really conceals my undereye circles and the reddish areas around my nose. I also put a thin stripe of this down my nose to give it the illusion of being longer. I would certainly repurchase this (1) if the pot ever runs out and/or (b) I find something even better. The only problems I have with this are it's a little too shimmery and the tiny sifter jar isn't that great (although I have no idea how they could improve the packaging, given the type of product). Otherwise, this is working better than anything else I've tried so far!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is mislabeled as a concealer........it is actually part of their highlighting line called lucent face. Its ok. Definitely better than the non-pearl lucent face items (glitter anyone?) but its no smashbox shimmer or mac skinfinish. Staying power is pretty weak. I'm kind of disappointed because I LOVE the EM bases and blushes so far....I wouldnt buy this again, but its definitely a good bargain....and i would choose this over a drugstore highlighter if i couldnt afford the HE stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

I am taking benzaclin and retin-A and AHA+ to combat acne, and it's working WOOHOO! But one side effect of these products is redness. I need to apply self-tanner to my medium skin tone just to match my face ha ha. I apply the Pearl Sunlight concealer as an all over face veil before and after foundation, and I must say the redness definitely subsides. Using an empty benzaclin container, I pour some of this powder in the container for easy portability and dust the concealer over my face to capture the freshness of my make up all day. Ideally, I need a finishing dust or kaolin powder to soak up oils and I have ordered samples from Everyday Minerals, but in the mean time the Pearl Sunlight concealer works. I would definitely recommend this product to people with yellow undertones, who may be suffering with redness. I like that there are no sparkles, and the texture is silky on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by JustLaugh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't have high expectations for this product, but after I tried it I really liked it. The coverage isn't as good as the regular sunlight concealer, though. I used it under my foundation to neutralize redness, then put on the intensive formula foundation I normally wear over it. My skin looked dewy and fresh :-) a very nice surprise for my dry winter skin. Another thing I like about this is its sheen. There are no chunks of glitter. Yay! It makes a lovely all over brightener if you have fair skin with yellow undertones. I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I really like this - its a unique product yet useful for so many different things. I prefer sunlight over beige because my skintone has a lot of yellow to it, and this makes a great highlighter for the face -use sparingly with a fluffy brush! Also a good highlighter for the eyes. I use it as a lip liner and smudge it out to define my lips, and occasionally on dark scars or blemishes (again sparingly) underneath my foundation to make them less noticeable. You could also use this to lighten/add shimmer to eye colors or cheek colors. Im sure I havent even thought of everything I could do with this yet but its great stuff to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by smoothchocolat

Great as an allover facial highlighter. I grabbed my little sample and used an old, soft blush brush. One I hadn't used in a while because it picked up too much product or just wasn't performing. I used this brush to buff this concealer above my brows, down my cheeks under my blush etc. It gave me a pretty, dewy and slightly illuminated look. Very nice. I could probably use this as a foundation. I found it not good under my eyes and stuck with my liquid concealer for that. Tap some product into the lid otherwise it goes everywhere, but this is a nice colour. It will make you look older if you put it under your eyes. It's like a sunkissed glow for very pale people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This is one of those product that I must have.
I'm currently using Everyday Minerals Golden Light in matte, but more yellow is needed to perfect the match, being too lazy to mix, i usually dust pearl sunlight all over my face before my foundation. Apart from giving me the yellow tone, it gives me that dewy look as well.
My only complain is about their packaging, powder always get all over the place, but because the product is so great, I'm willing to turn a blind eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first ordered this in a sample kit, after being used to the EM Intensive Medium concealer. I wasn't sure what to expect. The EM Intensive is definitely a more-coverage, 'stronger' type of concealer. However....for those of us who may have some undereye wrinkles, or creases, this is VERY forgiving, much more so than EM Intensive concealer. It's worth it to buy just for the eyes, alone. However, unless I am having skin issues, I find this does perfectly under my regular MMU routine and also provides a skin-brightening effect and a pick-me-up effect that I did not have with the EDM Intensive Medium, or BE Summer Bisque, which were my old 'stand bys'. I am yellow/olive undertoned to begin with, so the yellowish/beige shimmer of Pearl Sunlight isn't an issue for me, but it does pretty much disappear under your mineral makeup, however it does create more of a dewy effect and you do have to blend it a bit more than other mineral concealers. I tried it wet and it was sort of a disaster, really had to work to blend it then, so I won't try that again, however it works just fine dry. If you are looking for something that is a real pick me up for eyes and don't want a powder concealer to emphasize fine lines or wrinkles this is a godsend. I regularly use this on my whole eye area now as a base/concealer and if I need to, use the Intensive Medium as a spot concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by satcl

This is reaaally very pearly, but I think the secret to using this is to blend, blend, blend! With my skin being a bit dry, I use the OG formula Light Olive or Light Neutral; so using this concealer in particular under my eyes complements the dewy look I always go for. It does wonders at highlighting my cheekbone as long as I take at least two full minutes to buff with a dense brush such as my Lumiere Flat Top (it's smaller in circumference and more tightly packed that EM's Flat Top - and decidedly much softer)!

To get the teeniest amount needed with this concealer, I just take off the sifter (which still has the plastic sticker on it) and dab my brush lightly on the sifter's underside, tapping to remove the excess before applying on my face. Or I mix a few dots of it with my Intensive Medium concealer or Winged Butter foundation for perfect yellow-toned undereye coverage. Overall, I would purchase this again... in a few years after I've finished my sample-size jar! :)