September 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

This might be my new favorite lip color. It's a beautiful matte rose that looks extremely flattering on my NW15 skin. It's so easy to just throw on and go for everyday without being too understated or over the top. I always get compliments when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rmys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect lip pencil ever

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is unique but it applies gritty. Maybe I got a bad pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by graciegelz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this! the color is unique and inviting, it feels soft and light on my lips, lasts a long time, and the packaging is adorable! overall I would definitly buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sexyrishey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick that i actually bought another one! The only bad thing that I could comment on this is they don't stay that long that I have to keep reapplying again and again. But over all am a big fan of dolce vita!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Argh, I hate to give any NARS product a bad or mediocre review because I love NARS to pieces. And I love the formulation of their Velvet Matte lip pencils. They have such a beautiful but not drying finish.

I just hate this colour so much. It's like this brick red that doesn't really show up all that well on the lips. I have the blush in Dolce Vita and it's lovely! I just don't know why the lip colour is so fail. It's just extremely unflattering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that I keep trying to make work because it was a ridiculously over priced mistake to buy. The color is a+ very pretty universally flattering shade but that's about the only positive thing I've got. Matte lip colors need to have a great formula that keep lips hydrated so that it wears well. This dries my lips out so badly that even if I exfoliate before applying, within an hour this looks patchy and my lips look gross and dehydrated. Formula wise I've used $3 lip crayons from Sally's that wear better than this. You can apply over a matte lip balm which helps but lessens the staying power and for $25 you shouldn't need a second lip product to make this work. Perhaps I got a dud because this gets great reviews but I'd never consider rebuying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On the one hand, the colour is insane. It looks so good, it's a like second skin for your lips that has the ability to subtlety improve any pout. It's matte (my finish of choice), and I cannot get over the colour!

Here's the bad news.
It's so overpriced it should be criminal. It's lasted me a fraction the time a regular lipstick would, and the packaging is the general laziness surrounding pencil lipsticks.

AND- it tends to wear off reeeeally fast. The colour's great, until you catch a glimpse of yourself a little later on. Application after application makes it go fast too.
I'm currently in the market for a replacement via MAC, there's where you'll get bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This a fantastic lipstick. The colour is classy but understated shade. The texture is just as describe velvety and smooth. I love how it feels on the lips, it sits comfortably and I don't feel it the way I might with a regular lipstick. The unfortunate thing is I can't stand the smell! Its overly sweet like gummy bears or something. Most girls won't mind this but its just not my cup of tea. I hate strong smelling cosmetics. But I highly recommend to anyone else. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that isn't fantastically impressive in any particular way, but is just so darn useful! It's appropriate for just about anything you're doing. For that reason, I'll buy it over and over again even though I'm not deep in love with it.

Despite the fact that it doesn't wow me with color or texture (maybe I'm too much of a product whore?) whenever I wear it, someone says, "You look so nice today!" So, it must do something for my face that's pretty nice. The color of Dolce Vita is difficult to describe, and seems to look a bit different on everyone. On me, it's an understated brick red. I'm very pale with dark lips, and it doesn't overwhelm my complexion or look too bold. This lip pencil can be kind of dry, so I wear a balm underneath it or a gloss on top of it. It is the kind of pencil that you sharpen rather than the ones that twist up, which is a bit sad. I hate that I'm wasting so much product when I sharpen it.