NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

4.4

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 11/23/2014 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

This shade is so flattering against my olive skin tone. I absolutely love it. It gives me that pouty Scarlett Johansson look from Lost in Translation. You can either line and fill in your entire lip or just dab in the right amount for a very classic, understated look. It's matte as well, but not really drying at all.

My only gripe is that it constantly needs to be sharpened, so a lot of product is wasted when doing so. Will continue to repurchase regardless.

on 10/2/2014 6:18:00 PM

I love this stuff! Tried it on at the make up counter today and loved it straight away. A beautiful colour which even my husband noticed when he saw me that evening. Unfortunately it's only sold at a couple of places in the UK and is sold out everywhere. I plan to keep looking!

on 9/20/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I pulled this out today and wore it for the first time. I now know why everyone raves about this lip pencil. The formula is fantastic, super comfortable on the lips, and dare I say it - the price is justified (although I try not to think about how much I paid for this). This color is so unique because it doesn't look opaque but it IS. When I think about opaque lip colors, I think about how saturated and intense the color is but Dolce Vita is sheerly opaque...if that makes sense? It's very natural. My natural lip color is really pigmented but this color softened it up and made me look polished. Definitely an interview/work appropriate color. Great job Nars!

on 9/16/2014 3:59:00 PM

This might be my new favorite lip color. It's a beautiful matte rose that looks extremely flattering on my NW15 skin. It's so easy to just throw on and go for everyday without being too understated or over the top. I always get compliments when I wear this.

on 9/15/2014 10:38:00 AM

Perfect lip pencil ever

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This color is unique but it applies gritty. Maybe I got a bad pencil.

on 7/1/2014 7:48:00 PM

love this! the color is unique and inviting, it feels soft and light on my lips, lasts a long time, and the packaging is adorable! overall I would definitly buy it again!

on 6/18/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick that i actually bought another one! The only bad thing that I could comment on this is they don't stay that long that I have to keep reapplying again and again. But over all am a big fan of dolce vita!

on 6/3/2014 10:21:00 AM

Argh, I hate to give any NARS product a bad or mediocre review because I love NARS to pieces. And I love the formulation of their Velvet Matte lip pencils. They have such a beautiful but not drying finish.

I just hate this colour so much. It's like this brick red that doesn't really show up all that well on the lips. I have the blush in Dolce Vita and it's lovely! I just don't know why the lip colour is so fail. It's just extremely unflattering.

on 4/15/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of those products that I keep trying to make work because it was a ridiculously over priced mistake to buy. The color is a+ very pretty universally flattering shade but that's about the only positive thing I've got. Matte lip colors need to have a great formula that keep lips hydrated so that it wears well. This dries my lips out so badly that even if I exfoliate before applying, within an hour this looks patchy and my lips look gross and dehydrated. Formula wise I've used $3 lip crayons from Sally's that wear better than this. You can apply over a matte lip balm which helps but lessens the staying power and for $25 you shouldn't need a second lip product to make this work. Perhaps I got a dud because this gets great reviews but I'd never consider rebuying.

Popular Lipsticks