August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Skincare - Face - AcneFree - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rushsoccer22

To start off, I'm a 15 year old with fairly moderate skin. My skin is a bit oily & I have quite average/medium acne. My skin had recently gotten worse, so I decided to try a new face wash. Instead we bought an acne kit which I was excited and hopeful about. When I first started using it I had already seen a bit of clearing up and less redness (in the first 2 days)! But then I went to the beach on vacation and the combo of the ocean and this product dried out my chin pretty badly, which there is a warning to this on the bottle I believe. So for a week I just used the product above my chin so I could let it heal, I used lotion to do so. When I got back from vacation I returned to a normal routine and my skin has really started to clear up! I suggest this product to people with average acne & slightly oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Nataliee09

This dries up your face horribly. It does improve your face right away when you start using it, but once a week passes by, your skin wi start to irritate. I'm 16 years old and thought this would finally be something to help me, but it didn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Allyp456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about three days and found it very unhelpful. The first time I tried the three step overnight routine, when I woke up my skin was very dry, irritated, and covered in itching bumps. I tried it a few times afterwards and found it had the same effect every time. I would not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst product or system I have ever tried in my whole entire life. I have acne prone skin, I've tried expensive treatments and different systems, including the one from Clinique but NOTHING IS WORSE THAN THIS!!! I ordered this from amazon and expected a life changing experience (I'm exaggerating haha) but after one use, on the second day I got breakouts and irritated, itchy skin. I have never had an allergic reaction like this. The new breakouts are painful and they have no heads. I let my skin rest for a month and tried it for the second time. I got the same reaction and my skin was red and inflamed. I mean, you get what you pay for, this is so cheap but it's not worth it. Terrible product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

I used this for about a year and I used the severe line. They have systems for mild, moderate and severe acne. I bought severe because my acne was pretty bad. First of all, these products are harsh. I've even tried the mild line, and it was still irritating my face. I would say if you have severe acne, go for it, especially if you don't have sensitive skin. But this does dry out your skin and I wouldn't use it unless nothing else is working. The Benzoyl peroxide content in these products are high, so I would recommend using a separate non comedogenic moisturizer that works for your skin. if you have dry skin, please don't use this. And if you have oily skin, I would still try to avoid this unless you really needed it. This made my skin flakey and I would have to go to school looking like a tomato (not fun).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AnastasiaBeaverhausenXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh man, I bought this stuff a few years ago when I had a few pimples pop up. I had tried Proactiv a long time ago and like the results, but not enough to keep purchasing. Anyways, this is supposedly very similar to the Proactiv products. This stuff broke me out more than I ever have been before. I'm talking "I can't leave the house today"-level acne. Once I stopped using it, my face immediately began clearing up. Be careful with this, it turned my skin into a nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

when i broke out this system saved my face. from my experience if you follow the regimen as directed you really do start to see a difference within 3 days of using it. The acne and black head terminator spot treatment by them is really good to. I would highly recommend this for anyone struggling with a breakout or if you are acne prone and cannot afford a dermatologist and dont want to spend alot

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by iijenii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I used to have moderate acne, and i still do get break outs here and there, but rarely. I've started using this product in the middle of 2011 because my mom's friend said her daughter used this and noticed a big change in her skin. I followed her recommendation and started using this product too. After the third day of using this, i was actually satisfied because this product had worked. I continued using it for the next week or so, but i started breaking out more and more. I discontinued using the product and to this day, i will never use this product again even if my acne starts getting worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

In college, I saw my roomate using this system. At the time, I was experiencing horrible break outs and didn't know what to do. I ended up buying the 3 step system from CVS for around $20. Note that this was before they came out with the severe acne line with 4 steps- orange bottles.

At first, this was my HG product. It immediately cleared my acne. It was as if I had changed my skin. After I finished the first set, I continued to repurchase. With each set, I noticed that the products were not as effective on my acne-prone skin. I tried switching it up for a month to appease the situation. Even several years later, I went back to this system in both the severe and regular system to realize it no longer worked on me. In fact, I had to trash the last bottle of cleanser.

Since then, I have migrated onto other brands. Not sure if it is this system or my skin. Hormonal acne tends to fluctuate through the years. And your skin gets used to the chemical composition of the formula.

Overall, I would recommend this product to those that haven't tried step programs before. I don't think this is an HG product. The only HG product is your diet and exercise. Personally, I am not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about a year without much incident. At the time, I was suffering from moderate to severe hormonal cystic acne. I had tried Proactiv but that was a waste, so I figured I'd give this a shot since it costs less over all and I didn't have to wait for it to ship.
For the first few months, it actually did an okay job. I still had some blemishes, but it wasn't nearly as extreme as it had been. However, once I stopped using it, my acne came back even worse. I'd heard of this happening with Proactiv as well, so I figured this was common among acne treatments. That's how they get ya, I suppose.
About a month after I stopped using it, I went back to it again. And again, it seemed to do its job for the most part for a while, but after a short time, it stopped working. But I was hopeful that it would work again, so I kept using it.
And then one day, it all went swirly. I did my typical routine - cleanse, toner, treatment, moisturizer. And within two hours, my skin turned beet red and began to burn. I don't mean tingle. I mean it felt like I had burned my entire face with about a thousand lit match heads. It was unbelievable. The skin on my face - even around my eyes, where the redness was practically purple - swelled, making it look like I had just gotten into a fistfight and lost.
I immediately stopped using this product and have never experienced that kind of irritation since. I don't know if my body chemistry randomly changed overnight, or maybe my skin finally got pissed off that I kept loading it up with harsh chemicals and decided to light itself on fire or something. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't pretty or comfortable.
I think the real trick to treating acne is figuring out what is going on INSIDE your body to cause your skin to react. For me, it was hormonal, and having gotten a fairly decent handle on keeping that balanced has granted me much better skin. I still get breakouts, but they aren't nearly as severe, and for about two weeks out of each month, I have mostly clear skin.
Treating your skin with harsh chemicals won't do anything but strip it of its natural oils and cause it to hyperproduce more oil, which leads to MORE acne. Hence why acne returns ten-fold upon ceasing use of products like this. Be gentle to your skin, use gentle cleansers and things like jojoba oil with lavender to moisturize, and fix or balance whatever might be wrong or off-kilter inside your body. Your skin will thank you for it.