November 24, 2014 | 1042 users online

Hair Treatments - Ted Gibson - Hairsheet Treatment Sheets

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I held off on buying these because they are quite pricey, as the previous reviewer mentioned. The regular price is $35 for 5 sheets, but I got it on sale at Sephora for 30% off, which was still not cheap.

I get my hair done at the Ted Gibson salon, and my stylist recommended that I try this, since I have full highlights and need to preserve my cuticle.

These sheets are a lot wetter than I thought they would be. The instructions said to rub it in starting from the ends to the roots, but when I did that, it sort of made my hair soaking wet. It did dry after a minute or two, but as a result, it also ruined my blow-out, so one lippie off for that.

The sheets are quite big when you unfold them, almost the size of a piece of letter paper, so they are slightly unwieldy for people who have shorter hair like I do. (I have a bob.) I was able to use one sheet about 3 times; after I used it each time, I put it back in the pouch and put it inside of a ziploc bag.

As for any treatment effect? Well, it does leave my hair quite soft and shiny after I used it, but I haven't noticed any long-term effects so far.

Overall, I said that I would repurchase, but I don't know if I would do it at full price. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love many of Gibson's products and find the packaging great, but these sheet aren't quite what I was hoping for. The Styling Sheets are wonderful and give my hair a weightless polished look, so I thought I'd give the Treatment Sheets a try as well. The description says they're intended to add moisture, elasticity, softness and strength to hair, which they did to a degree, but not enough to justify the $35 price tag for five sheets. I used these before bed, and rubbed them over my hair until all the product was transferred. In the morning my hair felt a bit greasy and weighed down, but after a shampoo it looked a bit less dull than before using the sheet, though I didn't notice any other differences. This may be a great product for those with very dry, damaged hair, but I didn't get enough out of the sheets to be worth another purchase. I think next I'll give the even-more-ridiculously-priced Goodnite Replenishing Hair Repair Serum a try.