December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Scrubs - Mario Badescu - Rolling Cream Peel with A.H.A.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Minnie2817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been a devotee to Mario Badescu products for almost two years now and due to my eczema prone skin, thought I would try this as an alternative to abrasive scrubs.
This is the worst product I have tried and wouldnt recommend it to any one. I have broken out severely on my cheeks to the point they look acne affected. It offered no smoothness of skin, was extremely drying and I have been trying for weeks to restore my skin to its original state.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by kohlieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is an interesting and effective way to exfoliate any stubborn patches of dry, crusty, flaky skin. The process of rubbing or rolling it off of your face is the manner in which the dead skin is removed. If you have dry patches that have started peeling, especially around your mouth or your nose, this removes it painlessly. This is a great product to use on sensitive skin that dehydrates as a result of applying excessively drying acne products. It's something in between a mask and an exfoliant, so you're really getting two products for the price of one here. Where abrasive scrubs can sometimes dry me out even more, my skin actually feels creamier and softer after I use this. This works much quicker than a glycolic, salicylic or AHA regimen, and it's less damaging than using an abrasive scrub. Overall, this product is definitely worth trying if you're feeling experimental. Tip: Apply a medium thick layer instead of a thin one--the instructions say otherwise, but I've found that it's difficult to create the the rolling process with too thin a layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this gentle (and vaguely moisturizing) exfoliating peel. I use this about once a week during the summer, and more often in the winter. Don't apply or rub it in a steamy bathroom - it will take forever to dry enough to roll off properly. I like the amount of rubbing it requires - it's a built-in lymph massage. I like that there is no risk of over-exfoliating, which is a probelm I havae run into with other at-home products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by agmack324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great results, safe for frequent use, leaves me glowing. A note to first-timers: packaging says apply a thin layer. I think until you get the hang of the small, gentle but vigorous motion required to mechanically remove the peel, you should apply a thicker layer. That way you'll be able to get a sense of how it dries and exactly when it reaches that critical moment where suddenly the mask is tacky and you must RUBRUBRUB, with short little back and forth motions, to remove it. Also recomment laying down paper towels in the sink to catch the junk as it comes off your face, as it sticks to the basin otherwise and then you have to clean your sink out. Great product though. Used it five days after microdermabrasion with no sensitivity issue at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good for scruffy areas, removes flakes, does everything it's supposed to do. Don't leave it on too long or it will be hard to rub off, esp. if you're in a dry climate. Try it on your hands too for sublime smoothness.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hillary0902

I am a huge fan of Badescu products, but I have to say I do NOT like this one at all! The motion of rubbing my face in order to get the cream to "roll off" cannot be good for your skin. Too much pulling and tugging. If you start too soon, it doesn't peel. If you wait too long it doesn't budge and you end up with a red face.

I will definitely be returning this produce...unless someone can tell if there is another way to use it. Another way that I might be missing?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by angielynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have to admit I am a MB devotee, I love his stuff and it has done wonders for my skin.

I have been on the search for a safer way to exfoliate my skin that would not cause dryness or irritation, this seems to fit that bill perfectly. It removed dead skin quickly and gently leaving my skin feeling refreshed and smooth, but not red, sensitive, or dry.

One plus that this product has over exfolitaters that use scrubbing agents, you cannot over do this, the product is removed as you are exfolitating. That is certainly a perk to those that are prone to overdoing it while using a scrub.

Another thing that this is good for is for those that self tan! I used this on my knuckles and some other places where the tanner had collected w/dry skin and it took it all off, only the dry parts--it did not disturb the rest of the color on my skin.

I can comfortably recommend this for people who break out, but also those who are prone to dryness.