November 24, 2014 | 1424 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE square cut liner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Contrary to the other reviewers here, I really like this liner!

The consistency is smooth and the liner applies to the eye without tugging at all. I have it in black and it is pigmented enough for day or night wear.

I also like the unique rectangle cut tip. Because it is chiseled, you can slant the tip and apply to your upper lash line in one motion. When one side gets dull, use the other side! You can also adjust the thickness of the line you want by tilting the liner more flat or angled against your eye lid. There is a decent amount of product and it does not wear down quickly either. This is a surprise considering how smooth and easily applicable the formula is! (Usually 'richer' liners require frequent sharpening - or twisting up)

The only complaint I have is that the formula is quite smudge-able and does not lock in place. Therefore, I only use it on my upper lid and not on my lower lash line, where it is more easily smudged.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be a good idea but actually, regular eyeliners are much easier to use than this square cut one. I only use pencil eyeliner for inner rims and this is really hard to use on the inner rims. I will stick to MAC technakohls. They're much better, more pigmented. Will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first KATE purchase I made in Hong Kong which cost about $10CAD. It's quite cool how the eyeliner cut on a rectangular slant which makes application easy, and it also goes in and out like a lipstick. I found that I had to twist the base alot before the product would slowly move it's way up, but that doesn't really bother me.
I purchased the BR-3 color and was quite happy that it was well pigmented. The liner doesn't go on THAT smoothly, so I find that by heating it a wee bit with my breath (sorry if that sounded gross) the liner went on easily. The downside is it didn't last long, even when I used UDPP. I found that I had to do a touch up at least once a day. KATE's packaging didn't really wow me, as most of the products are in black packagings, I like girly/princess-ey packagings. It remined me of anna sui, minus the whole flowery theme.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No