April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Medium Plus

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Iweartoomucheyeliner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was an absolute joke. The packaging and applicator are horrible. It's impossible to use a brush w/o making a little mess. Coverage? No. It was like patting shimmer into my face. I hate to say this because I love MAC but Maybeline's mineral wear loose foundation is SOOOOO much better...and at a fraction of the price. I'm going to stick with them when I choose to wear mineral foundation. lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of months ago and really like it. I have noticed that it has more yellow colour in this then the baked one which i also use in medium plus. I do not like the applicator with the prodcut i use my eco tools kubuki brush. I find that the coverage is good and i have not had the expierence where it oxidises so will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Sutts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using the Mineralize product in a bid to the perfect mineral powder for every day use with some sun protection. I absolutely love this product, the coverage is medium but lets you build it up should you have to without a base. Wish a liquid foundation underneath you get a more flawless night time look. The packaging is unusual and occasionally the pad comes off when blending, but it's convenient to say the least and great for travelling or having in your handbag. The price isn't exactly cheap, but for having sensitive skin, I've found this to be heaven for my easily irritated skin.
Looks best with MAC Strobe Fluid underneath for some extra 'glow'. This is the second one I've been through in a year after using it every day so the value for money is definitely there! Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sonjaw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing for summer if you want to ditch the foundation and have a substitute that lasts and makes your skin look great. It is my favorite powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sjv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation powder I have ever used. I have tanned, olive skin (Asian coloring), and my face is dry in spots. I use a light dusting of Mineralize and my skin looks polished and fresh, I don't even need concealer under my eyes. The finish lasts me all day and into my evening gym workout.

At times I use this in combination with MAC's Select Tint foundation and my skin looks perfect, and will last all day and into an evening event.

I use my own brush instead of the sponge applicator. The powder can get messy if I'm not careful, but it's usually not a problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Mineralize SPF 15 Loose Powder Foundation and Medium Plus and I don't like it at all. I previously bought the Mineralized Skinfinish Pressed Powder in Medium Plus (I'm NC 30) and it worked out well, so I thought the Loose Powder version would be pretty much the same but just different texture and more coverage. Here is the result: the coverage is better than Skinfinish Pressed Powder, but the color was so orangey and the packaging was lousy. I always end up with powder everywhere after I apply this powder, it's almost impossible to do an application without spilling anything, especially I use a brush because the sponge it comes with is pretty much useless. I'm sticking to my skinfinish from now on. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by xoxofoxiexoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated this product. it went on nice and had decent coverage until the middle of the day. By midday, it had faded and left dark reddish streaks. It took a couple days but it did break me out. The oh so familiar MAC breakouts. Anyway, like the others, I thought the packaging was terrible and every time I tried to " tap off excess" the product started falling out of the container and on to the counter. All in all, don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pretty much lives up to all the bad reviews LOL... I bought it at the CCO so at least it was only around $21... I really like the baked MSF Natural in Medium Plus over my Studio Sculpt liquid foundation, so I thought this would be okay.

PROs- This color is perfect for me because I am in between NW25 and NW30.. it seems like it gets darker as your face gets oilier if that makes sense... I didn't have too bad of an orangey shade like some people have had though. It's a really nice lightweight, light coverage foundation. I used it on it's own and it felt really nice and light on my skin.

CONs- Obviously the worst part is the packaging and that crappy applicator thing it comes with. Getting it out of the holes is hard to do without making a huge mess. As everyone else said, it flies all over and hardly any gets on the applicator. I ended up sticking my 181 kabuki brush in there and swirling it around on that until it ran out of powder and then I had to turn it over and it made a huge mess. I am going to just break the top off and store the rest of it in a small pastic container with a lid I think. i really liked it applied with the kabuki brush actually.

So overall this is actually a decent product, it just got stuck in a terrible package. I would NOT ever buy it again, but if they repackaged it as just a loose powder I would think about it. For now, I will stick with Mineral Skinfinish Natural for sure!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

I have Oily 2 combination skin, so here is my preview:
***Winning points are:
- it helped matifying my skin through out the day especially that I sometimes work 12 hours a day.
- My skin didnt break out at all.
***Downsides:
- Packangin totally sucks, so messy & inconvenient to use, it'll fly all over the place & u just cant apply it with a brush.
- im an NC35 so it was kinda dark, and I think the main downfall with mineralized foundations that it gets darker through out the day.
- very light coverage & in order 2 build it up & make it heavier I mixed it with Fix+, which eventually transformed it n2 a lequied foundation :S

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sonpan

I really like this product. The packaging is not the best but..oh well. I use the little sponge applicator that comes with it and gives me a good coverage or sometimes I use my kabuki brush. I won't repurchase because it is pretty expensive and I found one that works the same and is less than half the price of this one.