October 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - Avon - Ideal Shade Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by suvakas321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't stay on my oily skin. Clings on flaky skin. It has like tiny sparkle in it so it look really weird up close. Has good coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this at my local flea market for $4.50 because it is now discont. and being replaced with the flawless (i have not tried that one and will not.) Anyway on with the review....the shade I purchased was Light Ivory (the lightest shade.) And like every other foundation I have tried this was too dark. My skin is very pale (NW05-10) with very pink undertones. I think this foundation shade would be better for someone with a skintone closer too NC10-15. The foundation went on very well blended so nicely and felt like I was wearing nothing at all. It also as a matte finish which I love. It also stayed all day without any primer and with only pressed powder (NYC translucent) on top. I have combo/oily skin. It did settle in to pores and fine lines (i only have little lines under my eyes) which could have be frome me not using a primer. The packaging is very nice though (glass bottle and black screw top lid) but it has no pump. Also it has a very strong chemical smell (i perfer my foundations fragrance free) but it does fade as you blend the foundation in. Overall it was a very nice foundation but after a week of useage it broke me out (clogged pores which led to blackheads and breakouts along my chin and left cheek---my worst spots for breakouts.) But needless to say even if this foundation had been discont. I would not repurchase it. I am glad that I got this for $4.50 and not full price. This was also the first foundation from Avon I have tried. Also just as a side note if you have acne prone skin like myself regardless if your skin type I suggest that you stay away from this foundation (and any other foundation that contains this) because it contains sodium chloride (which is salt) because it is and can be very irratating to your skin and cause it to break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by samhowellsxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried most foundations out there and needed a new one so being an avon rep I was able to get this very cheap so decided to give it a try. I applied this in the morning after doing my normal morning routine. As soon as I put it on i could feel my face tingling slightly but thought it was nothing so carried on applying it to the rest of my face.

Just as I was finishing off my whole face was stinging very badly, I was even finding it hard to open my eyes so I very quickly washed it all off. My whole face was bright red and it stung very badly for about 2 days afterwards. I was obviously allergic to one of the ingredients. However this has never happened with any of my foundations before.

I would definitely not recommend this to anyone, even though it could just be me that this happened to.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just like Avon Anew foundation, if you can pass the awful chemical smell it is an ok foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by nicole1197

i love this foundation! i recently started using this again after using dream matte mousse, and i really like it! it makes my skin look really pretty :D and it smeels good!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by fofocool

This product SUCKS!!!! In the beginning I didn't hate it that much, because, even though it wasn't my color, it had medium to full coverage.. I quited using it after some time because I've bought another foundation.... 1 month later when I decided to use it.. I was disgusted!!! the oil was seperated and it was sooo awful..... and I spilled some on my shirt and no matter what, it's not coming off... also, the packaging is gross... a pain to work with...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say this foundation is not that bad..At first when I openned it it was almost like water and I had to shake it for a very long time in order for it to thicken as it is a bit watery. I have been wearing it for a week. No brakeouts, I seal it with my Artistry powder and it looks good. I have to say it does last most of the day and the color match was good too. Im an NC35 in Mac Studio Fix Fluid. I got this one in Natural Beige. It has SPF 10 so I guess it is a plus for the product. I like to give a product a chance at least for a week before I can give a review.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by LalaLeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an overall really good foundation. The shade selection is amazing! It's has buildable medium-coverage, but it wasn't quite enough coverage for me in places- so a little concealer may be needed for acne scars. The formula is not irritating at all and blends really nicely. I'd recommend this foundation for people with slightly drier skin. (it can accentuate very very dry patches) And, if you put a translucent powder on top of it, it'll stay most of the day. So, it's a pretty natural-looking foundation and it covers well! I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by AbiRaq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

first let me start off by saying the one i purchased was wayyy to dark. the packing is super messy, it gets all over your hands. and it transfers to your clothes, so beware of wearing white! the smell is very overbearing and its horrible. as the day goes on you can still smell the awful smell the product gives off and it left my skin looking a little blotchy. the price was kind of cheap, no wonder. but the coverage is good i guess. i wouldnt recomend this product to anyone. and i will not be purchasing this again. hope this was helpful guys

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ideal Shade does everything what it promises, too bad this foundation doesn't work for me. I have it in Ivory and this shade matches my skin perfectly. I think the ivory has more pink undertones than yellow. It has a very nice smooth texture, blends wonderfully and looks very natural. Unfortunately it doesn't cover much. The coverage is almost sheer, so it doesn't cover my acne or scars. The good thing is, that it doesn't make my enlarged pores look so obvious. The smell of this product is pleasant to me. I would recommend this to people that don't have many imperfections and need a natural foundation with a smooth matte finish.