October 25, 2014 | 1287 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Pressed Powder - Golden Fair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the compact in the new plastic container.
I can't seem to put this on evenly - if I use a kabuki brush I can't buff it out so I end up with a giant makeup patch on the initial spot where I placed the brush.

If I use the sponge the makeup settles into my pores and fine lines, and then starts to separate as I get oily.

Plus, the color is WAY off - it's very much lighter than Golden Fair loose.

The compact container is really nice though.

If you're looking for a mineral compact foundation, try Neutrogena Sheer Minerals. It's not as natural as EDM, but it looks really nice when applied.
Or, press your own!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I have such a hard time applying this to my face. The spot I touch the kabuki brush on my face gets a load of the product and I cannot seem to spread it. I end up looking patchy and the foundation makes my oily blemished parts obvious.

I'll keep playing around with this and try to make it work. Some good news is the coverage.

Update: I used this as concealer under my foundation at my friend's birthday party and it worked really well. This foundation is way too light for the whole face but for my acne scars and under the eyes, it was great. My face looked flawless in all the photos and my face is far from.

To summarise, as a concealer = good, foundation = bad

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick, for older package it's not really portable for me because it is damn hard to put the round top back onto round base. However I just found out EM had new package for Pressed powders, so will update when I order new one.
For powder itself, for me it kinda cakes on if I use brush. So I just use little puff that was in the package (thin but soft) and instead of patting on the powder I kinda have to swipe it into my face as if Im wearing a liquid foundation with sponge.
To me, I would say the finish is semi-matt/intensive. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Chocobunny

This product is terrible. I don't know why I bothered because the EDM loose formulation was chalky and terrible on me in the first place. I think Pressed Golden Fair is somewhat darker than the loose version... you can see it on my face, I look jaundiced and I just don't like the finish. It also cakes around my oily spots. On the plus side, I think the packaging is cute and practical. Thankfully I got this cheap on ebay.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by androniki

I ordered this because I hate the messiness of loose mineral foundation and because EM has worked for me in the past. However, I was VERY disappointed. The shade didn't match (which was my fault anyway), but the texture was chalky, my face looked like a mask and it broke me out on the forehead. Not the acne I'm used to anyway, but little itching red spots that stayed on for days. I used the product twice and the same thing happened both times. I felt very uncomfortable wearing it and I'd never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too dark for me.

It's like a yellow patch where I put it. It's like winged butter pressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 4:58:00 AM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

HG ! STUFF - HANDS DOWN !

Once i heard of Everyday Minerals (recomm. by ricebunny in xanga) i had to try this brandīs mineral foundation.

Iīm MAC NC25 / fair asian skintone and i have to say the PERFECT shade for me has always been "Golden Fair".

My HG! finish for the mineral foundation was "Semi Matte" mixed with "intensive" (if i had some bad skin day).

Then i tried the Pressed Version (not with the sponge it comes with - with the "Everyday Minerals" Kabuki Brush), because it was very annoying to see the powder flying around my face during the application - what a mess.

First thing i noticed : VERY INTENSIVE FINISH ☻

I thought this stuff cakes like HELL.

♣♦◘ But hereīs a trick : when you sweap the brush on top of the powder, gently blow the powder into the kabuki - i donīt know - but it provides an even -- not to cakey application ;) Itīs the "secret". ♦♠♣

I donīt care that the packaging is a round carton.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION 4EVER ♥

-> normally a make-up gets darker during the day you wear it and somehow "cakes" off your skin.

-> THIS foundation melts into your skin, like a second skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I actually like this product...the package is very cheap but I only put it in my MAC traincase so I don't have any issues with the powder breaking or getting loose inside my purse. I wear MAC studio fix C35 (when I'm less tan) or NC35 (a bit more tan lol) and this color was a shade too light..other than that it was a good product. I will try to use it again during the winder time when I'm a bit more pale..other than that I will not repurchase since it wasn't my color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently switched from Pressed Fair Pink to the Pressed Fair Golden. Unfortunatly, I'm one of those gals that mistook the rudiness in my face for being an overall pink tone until I really took a look one day and realized I was more gold than pink. Well, anyway....I am in love with the pressed powders. I have deep pits from acne scars and the heavier coverage smooths things out for me nicely. The additon of jojoba oil in this agrees with my skin and actually seems to keep it clear of breakouts. This is currently my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, first of all I love everyday minerals, but I am a little disappointed with the packaging; which I had read other reviews so I knew what I was getting. I really wish this was in a compact that was not cardboard. I did read about how another reviewer had placed the powder in a large empty EM container, which I plan to do when I travel. The powder itself it pretty heavy so I just barely and I mean barely touched my kabuki brush to the powder and then applied it. It gives really good coverage. I used a concealer brush to cover areas where additional coverage was needed but still I barely touched the concealer brush to the powder.

Because this powder lacks oil-absorbing properties (I really wish it had this) I used the new start to finish powder (fair) as a primer and finished off with sunlight finishing dust. I didn't seem to get any oiler throughout the day than normal.

As for the color - I normally wear a mix of golden fair/fair neutral. My skin is darker now since it is summer and I have been wearing just golden fair and the pressed powder seemed to match my skin.

I will update if anything changes; I am hoping this powder continues to work well because I really want to use it when I travel.