LUSH Rub rub rub showergel

3.6

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Jasmine Flower Infusion (Jasminum officinale), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lactic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, D&C Red 28 . *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 4/7/2015 12:13:00 PM

I received a test of this in my Lush order, and I was very pleased!

I suffer from a very dry scalp and this just works wonders. I just massaged it into my hair and my scalp and then rinsed. Taadaa - my scalp was like brand new, no more flakes. Absolutely amazing! My hair was really soft too and had a great smell.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing so much about Lush's Rub Rub Rub, I decided to try the product out for myself. The packaging, like any other Lush product, is cute and simple. It smelt great and looked promising However, when I finally got around to trying the product, I was disappointed.

For an exfoliator, the Rub Rub Rub did not feel like it was making a difference. I know some people like exfoliators not to be as abrasive, but did not feel like it was exfoliating at all.

My skin usually isn't sensitive, but the minute I began to use this product, my skin began to sting. At first, I thought it was just because I had just shaved and maybe cut myself, so I moved on to other areas. Soon enough, my whole body was stinging, even in areas that I was sure I had not shaved (i.e my chest and my stomach). The product irritated my skin to the point where I wanted to scratch everything off.

To be fair, my skin does feel smoother than before, but I would not try this product again due to the irritation.

on 4/4/2015 7:09:00 PM

LOVEE this product, makes my skin soooo smooth and silky to touch, I use it was a splash of warm water, this was it's not to harsh. I don't really mind the smell, I think it's quite pleasant. I would say that sometimes my skin feels a little dry, so I don't use it often. And it kills when I get it in a finger cut! Other than that, this products amazing and I recommend!

on 2/28/2015 11:50:00 AM

I really enjoy this product. The smell is a bit off putting at first but I learned to actually enjoy it. It kind of smells like when you first open the shoebox when you buy a new pair of shoes. Also, I don't find the beads to be too abrasive. There is kind of an oily after feel but its not greasy, it feels more like its just moisturizing my skin! The only downside is that its EXPENSIVE! And the product doesnt last all that long. I would MAYBE repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I fell in love with the scent of this product, then the amazing moisture the oils it contains deliver.

I think what sets this apart is the ingredients, all amazing.

A word of caution - Use ALWAYS use BEFORE shaving, the citrus and lactic acids it contains burn like hell!

Alright, there's no other way to put it, I simply dislike this product. I find the scent unpleasant and the product too aggressive and drying. I forced myself to use it up but I will never use it again, not even if it's a free gift.

on 1/28/2015 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love Rub Rub Rub! It's a great price for LUSH, super effective and all around amazing. I have insanely dry legs, and this makes them look so polished and feel so soft. I love using this before shaving, it leaves my legs feeling amaaaaazing.
I'm onto my second tub of this, and will continue to repurchase. :)

on 1/19/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased a Christmas themed gift box from Lush called 'Snow Fairy' at half price at the Christmas sales. I received a sample size 'Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub' which interested me because I wanted to try it out. About a week past and I needed a body exfoliant as I was fake tanning for the first time. So I decided to try this out for the first time. I have quite sensitive skin and I was using a colored Garnier body scrub that wasn't specialized for sensitive skin but worked quite well for a product probably choc full of chemicals. Anyway I used it and was quite disappointed. For a lush product it wasn't very gentle. I understand it is a scrub but it did irritate my skin. I knew it wasn't just the rubbing against my skin because I had done it before, but after my skin was quite itchy and inflamed. So that kind of sucked because I can't use it again. On another note, the packaging wasn't great but generally isn't in lush because water sneaks into the little pot and it is a bit of hassle opening the lid and closing it in the shower. BUT there are some serious pros.
I recommend this to people with normal skin because it does a great job of it's actual purpose! My tan didn't go on streaky at all. However, I am giving this product to my dad because of it's unisex scent. So overall, it didn't suit my skin but it did do a great job and exfoliating.

on 1/17/2015 7:23:00 PM

This is one of LUSH's more inexpensive products but it sure is an amazing product. If you only need a light scrub, apply this to wet skin in the shower however if you need a bit more of scrub, apply this to dry skin and then step into the shower to rinse off (I prefer this method). Applied to dry skin, the salt becomes apparent and gives you an intense scrub while you can feel the oils sinking into your skin providing moisture. This product left my skin silky soft after my shower, even before I applied body lotion! Using this on your legs before shaving will also give you a closer and smoother shave, leaving you with legs like satin. I cannot rave about this scrub enough and would recommend it to everyone! The scent is yummy, sort of orangey-floraly and the colour is electric blue. Honestly would be one of my top 10 LUSH products! 5 lippies!

on 11/12/2014 9:51:00 PM

I looooooove this product! I seriously cannot stop feeling and smelling my skin afterward.
Background info: sensitive skin, not too dry, prone to ingrown hairs on my legs.
The packaging of this product, like all over Lush stuff, is great. It comes in a pot, so it's easy to scoop out. However, be careful not to take too much! A little goes a long way. I notice that when I used too much or scrub too hard, the exfoliation leaves my skin burning. So when they say it's gentle but powerful, you better believe it. It's very liquidy too, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective at scrubing away every dead skin cell. After I rinse it off my skin, it feels so smooth and soft. During the winter, my skin gets insanely dry. This scrub is the only one that can help keep my skin hydrated (note: moisturizing after exfloation is key to preventing dry skin. Many do not realize this, and say scrubs dont help their skin!)
The scent is really nice too, it reminds me of lilac flowers and oranges. It can be over powering to those who are sensitive to smells, but I do not mind it, and I appreciate how it lingers throughout the day/night (my boyfriends loves the smell). It is expensive too, but I love Lush so I didn't mind paying it.
Overall, a solid 9/10 for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials