July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I don't like the scent and how it leaves my skin slime-y afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by EtherealEva

I don't like the smell, dont know how to describe it. it didn't remove the grime on my body. its basically like a tub of salt mixed with scented coloured water. I ended up just using it to scrub my legs. It might be good for sanitising your armpits or legs though since its made up of salt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Ok this may be TMI to some people but I know this will help some people out there so here it goes.

This stuff is amazing to use if you have dark underarms. I apply it onto an ecotool sponge and use it on my underarms and I have noticed they have lightened significantly. I used to try other scrubs but the reason why this one works is because it has mostly lime juice in it which brightens. I have tried everything from pure lemon juice to dove clear tone and nothing lightened my dark underarms like this.

Ok cringe worthy stuff aside, this is an amazing shower scrub for your entire body! It smells amazing, literally makes me feel like I took a trip to cabo. It's so oceany and clean. Like laundry detergent really. But in a good way. I tried lush ocean salt as well and love this way more. Ocean salt smelled like alcohol to me :(

Rub rub rub is one of my favorite lush products.

P.s if you live in the US, order from the UK website to save a ton of $ on this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Sinochick

I've never purchased anything from Lush before this product. I like this shower gel/exfoliator the first time I used it. However, the packaging is awful. I couldn't open this when I was in the shower this morning because there was product around the sides of the Lush bowl which made opening the product impossible. I'm going to transfer some of the product into a squeezable bottle to fix this.

But the product itself smells really nice and my skin does feel good after using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I fell for this purely based on the scent - it smells exactly like the Sakura bath bomb which in turn smells like the (now sadly discontinued) 17 Cherry Tree Lane soap which was my all time favourite LUSH product ever.

In terms of what this is like to use, as another reviewer has already mentioned here it's very gloopy. Which sadly means it's not the easiest to use and has a tendency to slip through the fingers and straight down the plughole. And that's not what you want from an exfoliator, especially when you're paying 8.50GBP for 250ml. When you do finally manage to grab enough to exfoliate with it's pretty good stuff, although I found the trick was not too rub too hard as the large chunks of salt in this can be quite harsh on the skin. Once you've exfoliated enough and washed this off though, it does leave your skin feeling really soft and smelling gorgeous so it nearly makes up for the whole gloopiness.

I say 'nearly makes up for...' as even though I did like this I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one of these in a hurry. There's loads more exfoliators on the market that I want to try and for the price I don't think it's worth the pain of watching most of it disappearing down the plughole!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell! Great salty/scrub exfoliater for the skin. FYI, it's recommended not to use this with Ro's Body Argan conditioner, use one or the other.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by brightsonrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: Gentle enough to help tame the sensitive, ashy skin on my legs/arms/elbows. Does a decent job of exfoliating and moisturizing, and the scent is lovely and fresh. Great to use before shaving (but make sure to rinse off first, or all that salt is going to hurt your shins!)

Cons: Gloopy. SO GLOOPY. So much is wasted by slipping through my fingers in the shower, and I wish would thicken up the product itself so it would go further. It's also pretty pricey, and I find it too expensive purely for the reason that so much goes to waste.

This is a nice scrub, but overall, I won't be repurchasing it. While I enjoyed using it, I don't think Rub Rub Rub is any better than other scrubs on the market that also cost significantly less.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Shanifanimua

Pros: the smell as always with lush is gorgeous! Very refreshing. It's a fantastic exfoliator. The scrub really works to remove dead skin. It could be a little too harsh to use on your face if you have sensitive skin, however if you use the whiter part of the product it's fine. The cons: yes it is a little bit expensive, however must we remember that LUSH are an organic company. They reuse their packaging, recycle and don't test on animals or humans. To conclude: I would much rather spend that extra bit of money for that reason alone as I am very big on banning animal testing for cosmetic reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lulu6789

The smell and colour of this is beautiful, it smells like a laundry shop. It actually scrubs and lathers really well so it is a great shampoo. Try this now, you won't regret it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kahliemacorig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
I like the smell
Cons:
Expensive
no better, IMO, than a cheap scrub.
Need to use a lot for an all body exfoliator.

I wouldn't repurchase this again, as I was disappointed with this product.
It was no better than a cheap 'pot' of one you could find at kmart. I felt that I had to use a lot of this for an all over body exfoliation, resulting in wastage and using it up quickly.
Would not repurchase