December 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Liwka

I looooooove this product! I seriously cannot stop feeling and smelling my skin afterward.
Background info: sensitive skin, not too dry, prone to ingrown hairs on my legs.
The packaging of this product, like all over Lush stuff, is great. It comes in a pot, so it's easy to scoop out. However, be careful not to take too much! A little goes a long way. I notice that when I used too much or scrub too hard, the exfoliation leaves my skin burning. So when they say it's gentle but powerful, you better believe it. It's very liquidy too, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective at scrubing away every dead skin cell. After I rinse it off my skin, it feels so smooth and soft. During the winter, my skin gets insanely dry. This scrub is the only one that can help keep my skin hydrated (note: moisturizing after exfloation is key to preventing dry skin. Many do not realize this, and say scrubs dont help their skin!)
The scent is really nice too, it reminds me of lilac flowers and oranges. It can be over powering to those who are sensitive to smells, but I do not mind it, and I appreciate how it lingers throughout the day/night (my boyfriends loves the smell). It is expensive too, but I love Lush so I didn't mind paying it.
Overall, a solid 9/10 for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jennntot

I love this product! I use it almost everyday and i just love the feeling afterwards. It makes my skin really soft and it just scrubs all the dead skin cells away. The only thing that i don't like about this is the consistency. It's so goopy that it tends to slide down from your skin to the drain. It's a bit pricey so i wouldn't want to waste any tiny bit of this precious scrub but aside from that, everything works for me. And i really love the smell to!!! I would definitely buy this again! ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ShannahBarrett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually got this in the Hello Gorgeous gift box for Valentine's Day!

It has a citrus-y, floral scent that's extremely refreshing and it also does a nice job of exfoliating. It's a light scrub so it's great if you don't want to over do it!

If you want to see me talk about/use Rub, Rub, Rub and all the products in the gift box, I also posted two videos on my YT channel!

LUSH! Hello Gorgeous Gift! (Part 1 of 2)

LUSH Hello Gorgeous Gift Demo & Review! (Part 2 of 2)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

My god do I love this! Smells lovely, has a perfect consistency that sticks to the body instead of just falling off wet skin and being wasted. When used in small circular motions it cleans away any dead skin leaving my whole body feeling clean, smelling lovely and perfectly prepared for moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I got a mini bottle of this in a LUSH gift set and I was super excited to use it. I loooove using body scrubs...I like getting all the nasty dead skin off, for one, but I also just love the feeling of a nice, gritty scrub.

Unfortunately, this scrub wasn't the greatest. First of all, it was pretty runny, and there were many times where a big glop of this slid right off my skin and down the drain while I was trying to rub it in. Rub Rub Rub is pretty expensive ($22 for a full sized pot), so I can't afford to lose so much of it! I would be as careful as possible and try to rub this in quickly, but I still ended up losing a lot of it. My main issue, though, was that this just wasn't gritty enough. I like really gritty scrubs. I'm not a fan of gentle scrubs -- I feel like they just don't do anything. This one just wasn't rough enough for me. It was a little harsher than some scrubs, like those ones that are body washes with some microbeads, but it was a lot more gentle than say the Tree Hut body scrubs, which I love. Although this wasn't scrubby enough for me, it was very moisturizing. My skin would feel super soft and smooth after using this, and sometimes I could even get away without applying lotion after using this.

I love the scent of this -- it has a relatively strong citrus scent with a tiny hint of floral to it. I know that sounds kind of strange, but I love it. This contains lemon, mimosa, orange, and jasmine, and I can definitely smell a little bit of all of those notes in here. Like I said, the scent is pretty strong and it does linger on the skin after showering, so if possible I'd suggest smelling this in-store before purchasing because I can see the scent of this turning some people off.

I want to mention the packaging even though I didn't have the regular full-size packaging. The mini of this comes in a plastic bottle with a push cap, similar to what LUSH's body washes and shampoos and conditioners come in. This packaging does not work for a scrub. The lid was always clogged and I could never get the product out, so I'd have to open the lid and pour it, usually resulting in getting too much out. Also, the plastic was really difficult to squeeze to get the product out. I would have much preferred that they had packaged this in a mini black pot...It would have been a lot easier to use, and it could have gone towards their in-store recycling program (bring back 5 empty pots and get a free face mask).

LUSH says you can use this as a shampoo, too. I tried it a few times, but it didn't do anything special to my hair and I felt like I had to use a lot to get a good lather. It did make my hair smell amazing afterwards, though!

Unless you have very sensitive skin, I'd suggest going for LUSH Ocean Salt rather than this for a body scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wont be repurchasing this.

Its smells very nice, and I like the texture, the bright color is cute, and its a good idea.

But, its way too easy to run out of it super fast, and, when I rinsed it off it burned like Hell - that said, I do have Eczema and sensitive skin, so, I probably had no business using it.

Expensive.
Not for people with super sensitive skin.
Runs out too quickly.
Left a wierd film in my tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Puckdog17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this because it is fairly pricey but I will for sure buy it now. It feels so good using it. A little goes a long way. When I buy it will probably buy from the uk website because it is about half the price (as are many of their products) and if you buy a few products at once you can still save even with the shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by McKennaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product in terms of what it does for my very dry, psoriasis-riddled skin. Because it is a Lush product, it is a little bit expensive for what you're getting and the sea-salt can get caught in the jar, making it difficult to screw closed.
The smell of Rub Rub Rub seems to be a topic of popular debate, even for myself. It is very pungent with a distinct soapy-scent which I enjoy some days and am put off by other days - it just depends!
In terms of exfoliation, this body scrub does what it advertises and more. I never anticipated it to help with my psoriasis as much as it does. It is able to sooth the lesions as well as slowly diminish them over time - and it works wonders on thirsty skin! I am even able to use it as a facial exfoliant. However, do NOT get it in an open wound or even on pimples - it will burn as it is salt-based! The rule "less is more" does apply to this product as well, since it is very gloopy and has a tendency to run through your fingers if you're not careful - money down the drain! Apply in small amounts to see the best result.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I don't like the scent and how it leaves my skin slime-y afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by EtherealEva

I don't like the smell, dont know how to describe it. it didn't remove the grime on my body. its basically like a tub of salt mixed with scented coloured water. I ended up just using it to scrub my legs. It might be good for sanitising your armpits or legs though since its made up of salt.