July 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lipstick - Artdeco - Glossy Lip Care

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the other reviewers, because I adore these glossy lipsticks which feel like a lipbalm! I have them in 30 and 36, of which I love 36 the most because for me it's SUCH a pretty-but-natural liptone!! Very caring for your lips also, and not expensive at all.
Unfortunately our Dutch Douglas doesnt sell them anymore, or they are discontinued (why?!) :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wonder if this previously reviewed product is now called Hydra Lip Booster. ??? The review below is of the Hydra Lip Booster.

It is not sure if it wants to be a Gloss or a Lipstick. It has a clear see through wet glass kind of color to it that glides on smoothly. The color is subtle. It seems more like I am wearing a gloss but this could be because of the color options I happen to own. More on the nude side of lip colors. Yes, it feels slick and shiny but ohhh I love it. It makes my lips wonderful. I think Mac made some product like this in little pots that gave the same effect. Great for lips. Mac made lips feel great in winter weather. Artdeco has the good sense to put their treasure in a wand. Sooooooooooo much more practical. Or should I say Practical German Engineering.

Germans make great cars and who would have thought great cosmetics. Artdeco has this amazing ability to create products that work fantastically. I only profess to have a few goodies from a good friend who lives in Germany. She sends me stuff once in a great while. Anything I have that is for lips is amazing. I have lips glosses, liners, lipsticks and I have tried their eye shadows. Eye shadows are okay. I find I love the lip products the best.

I Love this lip gloss. I have two of these babies.
Translucent Corn Poppy #197-12
and
Translucent Mocha #197-32

The color is lovely on my NC20 Mac skin, ELDW bone, Clarins 104

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually avoid lipsticks which aren't matte and a bit dry. I have lips that aren't easy affected by weather and don't tend to chop often so lipsticks with lot of moisture don't stay on me. I also avoid lipglosses (same reasons) Plus, I don't like shinny lips (no pearl, metalized or shimmery stuffs please). But I've red wonderful things about this product and my lips went to a dry side for couple of days so I decided to try it. And I didn't regert it. I've bought no12 (I can't find it's name on the box or the website) and in the tube it's brown. Really dark brown. But on lips it's wonderfull beige nude. It's glossy but not over the top, so I don't mind it. And thank God, no shimmmer at all. It feels good on lips, very caring and comfortable. Great stuff, Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Yukita

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like the other 3 reviewers, I also am impressed by this lippie. Not sure if it is a gloss or lipstick, sort of in the middle I guess. The colour is not super intense but it is also not sheer, a nice in-between. You can apply straight from the tube without worrying that it will look goopy or cakey. I don’t like lipsticks because I hate the look of them on the lips, so obvious, so I tend towards glosses, but after seeing the 3 positive reviews here, and testing against my one and only lipstick that I use (Trucco – sheer colour), I decided that it was worth a shot.
I agree completely that this lippie is SO comfortable to wear, it is very moisturizing (a must have for me) and doesn’t feel heavy. You can put an easy sweep on for a touch of colour or put a few layers on, and you still will not have to worry that it will look un-natural.
I got it in colour # 18. They had all the other colours (there are around 7 now I think) and I agree that 30 and 36 are great colours but they are very similar to my own lippie already, and this 18 is a nice nude colour, a pinky beige on me. Very very close to my natural lip colour, just a but more beige.
Now that I am happy with the purchase I think I might get one of the other pinkier ones, though I am tempted to try another artdeco lippie first. I love their makeup (have the eyebase which is AMAZING! – no eye shadows crease or fade at all - and now I have two eyeshadows, # 218 and #94). Give it a go if you can find artdeco near you, they are hard to find!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Nadeshda

Like the previous reviewers, I got this in #30, which is a light nude pink... I also wanted #36, but it was sold out (that's how pretty it is). This lipstick is, without question, the most comfortable lipstick ever! It is incredibly soft to apply, and creamy. It glides like butter, doesn't tug your lips or anything and does not feel heavy on your lips. These are pretty sheer on my deep reddish-pink pigmented lips (but the lippies are nicely pigmented, I could see it on my hand when I swatched them, but my lips are really pigmented), so I have to apply a few coats, but the good thing is that you can apply as many layers as you want and it doesn't turn cakey, it still looks smooth and feels comfortable. These provide a glossy finish to your lips, but it's not overpowering, and it doesn't have any sort of glitter in it. The result is a natural and comfortable look. Another good thing is that these are really moisturizing, I've been wearing mine on cold winter days in which you feel like the cold wind is cutting your skin, but my lips stay moisturized and supple through the day.

The only thing is that I find this doesn't stay quite as long as regular lipsticks, but I can live with that.

It comes in a packaging similar to the MAC slimshines, and has a little logo saying Artdeco on the lid. Very discreet and elegant-looking.

These retail here in Portugal for... 9€? Something like that. It's an incredibly cheap product for the quality provided. These come in 6 soft different shades, from brown, beige, light and dark pink. A true winner. I will be back for more Glossy Lipcares, specially that #36 that was sold out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by andreat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these in #24 (a beige nude), #30 (pink nude) and #36 (a more rosy pink) because this lipstick is amazing. As the first reviewer said: comfortable, really glossy, no shimmery particles, really elegant and at the same time natural. I got compliments for my lips with these shades. The price is incredible reasonable for such a good quality. And I love the fact that the national Artdeco distributor is in my city here in Brazil, so I always see everything first! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

Although this is called "Glossy Lip Care" it's actually more of a lipstick than anything else. And this is one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried. It's indeed glossy (not like a lipgloss but way more glossy than most lippies) and caring cause instead of drying my lips it makes them very soft and supple. I'm not a big fan of lipstick and the only ones I ever owned were Chanel Aqualumieres. These Artdeco ones are extremely comfortable, have wearable shades and little or no shimmer at all. I chose shades #30 (an impecable pinkish nude) and #36 (a lovely, medium pink with a very slightly - almost undetectable - pearly finish). To make things even better these lipsticks are packaged in sleek, black twist up tubes with a discreet logo, and they are very cheap. Hope I'll find them again cause they were LE.