October 25, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - Yves Rocher - Sebo Specific Ultra Clean Purifying Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

This is more of an exfoliating cleanser as it has lots of small particles, and that is fine. However, my biggest problem with this cleanser is that IT IS NOT FOAMING AT ALL! (even though it says on the packaging it is a 'foaming cream'). Also, it leaves a sticky (almost like a honey-based) residue on the face which cannot be rinsed off. I don't like cleansers to leave any residue on my face (even though I have a drier skin) as I prefer to put my own moisturizer. The smell is ok, the packaging is ok. I will use it up, but not repurchase. I would rate this at 2.5.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I love this, it cleanses my face without drying it out. It also brings out rosey tones (like blush)
The only thing I don't like is the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by luminelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, this is a great product that works really well! But, it's so called "creamy texture" is really gritty, and even though that helps for the exfoiliation... it made my skin a little red and tender. so don't use it daily! But nevertheless it really exfoiliated my skin and when I was very pleased with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Nepthaphis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every night after removing my makeup - it gives my face a great 'workout' and makes it feel clean and happy :) And - it's cruelty free!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin and in the summer it gets pretty oily with some breakouts. I have been using this for a few days now and I love it! It's not exactly a "cream" but more of cream/clay based cleanser with small grains. It really got rid of some of the pesky little bumps I was getting on my cheek from wearing blush. The grains are small but a bit rough so you have to use a gentle hand when massaging this on your face. It would also double as a great face mask .
The cleanser does not bubble but since it is light green in colour, you can see where you have applied it. It made my face smooth by exfoliating away some of the tiny bumps I was getting and soaked up just enough oil in time for my moisturizer. I like to follow with a few spritzes of the Hyda Specific toning mist from YR.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

the best cleanser! i use this with hydro toning water and hydro cream gel moisturizer. half price you can't beat that!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by be787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this face wash. Although it is described as a cream cleanser it is more of a creamy clay-like consistency with an exfoliating sandy texture. It reminds me of the proactiv cleanser with the small grains of sand inside it except it's green. It has a refreshing almost fruity scent and is great for deeper cleansing or after a gentle cleanser to unclog pores, get rid of blackheads and clean off any remaining makeup from a long day. I use this once or twice a week to resurface the skin before I want to put some acne treatment on for the night. Some note worthy ingredients include: kaolin clay and salicylic acid- definitely acne and oily skin friendly. Worth the purchase and if you have membership with YR you get even more bang for your buck during 50% off sales or 2 for 1 deals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Another nice product from YR.
I guess this line has not been released in the US yet - just checked the US website and no trace of this line - while in Europe we have it alerady.
Pls check Uk or french website for getting an image of which product I am writing about.
I see it as an improvement from the older Bio Specific line for oily skins.
This product is classified under "cleansers" but it is halfway between a cleanser and a scrub. They also call it "Deep Cleansing foaming cream". It lathers a bit (but no foam in my experience!)
Yes, we have hot weather here these days and in summer the oilies get out ..and I have to manage that and try to fix it the best I can.
The rest of the year I use a cleanser (Erno Laszlo Soap or Shiseido Gentle Foaming Cleanser) in the morning but - I see that every morning in this season, I reach for this Sébospécific cleanser.
It is pea-green creamy texture, with filled with exfoliating microparticles; has a fresh smell, and is pleasant to apply. I rub in a bit, lather, and rinse a lot. Voilà! Fresh face!
To my opinion, it really clears pores and curbs the reappearance of sebum on the face.
Of course it will NOT remove makeup - it is designed to clean skin & pores scrubbing a bit so it will not be ok for your eyes - pls use a makeup remover first!
You will need to moisturize after this cleansing.... it can dry up a bit - in my case on cheeks, I feel the need to quench so I apply a light moisturizer.
The 125 ml tube is reasonably priced: under 10 Euros and you often get it on sale.
A non-expensive product for a clean summer face!