July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Start to Finish Rice Powder - Sunlight

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by meow730

I tried all of the EDM primer/finishing powders and this one was no good. The colour was a pretty good match, but it couldn't absorb any oil.

Also, any dry patches was clearly highlighted by this powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Everytime I applied this to my extremely oily forehead I would get little crops of tiny bumps that were actually clogged pores. My skin does badly with products with any kind of organic ingredient - corn starch/zea mays and now also rice powder. Organic ingredients are food for bacteria, so if you have been bothered with or is currently struggling with acne (where the P. acnes bacteria constitutes an important etiological factor) I highly suggest you stay away from this! Of course, I can not be sure it was the bacteria munching on the rice powder that did this to my poor skin. It might be that organic ingredients + my sebum has poor fluidity, and thus became trapped inside the pore. Anyway, totally useless product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by dreamingangel

I have since moved on to Silk Naturals' foundation, but this Start to Finish Rice Powder Sunlight is the one EDM product that i will continue to buy. Its also the only full-sized product that I've used up completely.

I love the rice powder - it is very finely milled, and melds seamlessly into my skin over any foundation or base. The powder imparts a polished finish and improves the clarity of my skin. It does not tinge my skin yellow as the powder is actually invisible on. Its also wonderful used alone as a light dusting over sunscreen.

I use this both as a primer and as a finishing powder. It works well either way, and I love the versatility. It's oil control ability isn't too bad - my makeup can last at least 3-4 hours before oil breaks through over here in humid, sunny, singapore. Without any primer / finishing powder, any mmu I use begins shining in less than an hour;s time.

Anyway, what i love most about this product is its shade. The 'sunlight' shade is practically invisible on my Asian / Chinese skin. It is even more translucent than, say, EDM's tinted silk dust (discontinued), the finishing dust in soft bronze or the translucent version, both of which i own, and indeed, far more translucent than those 'translucent' or beige / yellow-toned conventional loose powders.

This is my HG - a truly great product that's also a multitasker. I even bring this around for touch-ups. If EDM ever discontinues this, I'll definitely pile 12 of these in the $50 kit to stock up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

I hate this as a finishing powder or primer. It doesn't even take the shine off my face, much less last for the rest of the day. Actually it doesn't do much at all for me except for lighten my foundation.

Edit: I started using this again in the winter and it works a little better now because I don't get as shiny. The staying power still sucks but I gave it one more lippie because it gives my EM foundation a soft focus look.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It makes my skin soft and I can wear it as primer, finishing powder or alone on a really causal day. I've been wearing mineral makeup for over 2 years and this is the most versatile product Iíve ever used. I have sampled and purchased many different products to do what this one product does. In all this time this is the first full size product that I actually need to replace.

11/3 EDIT: I realized that this was irritating my skin. I used it for a couple of weeks with some burning but it wasn't too bad. I got through a full size and ordered a mini, after not wearing it for a week or so I put it on and my face got a really angry red color with a really bad burning sensation. In an hour I had 2 pimples. I do not dare put this on my face again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by elocink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful idea....but that's about it. It really minimizes pores, but it is slightly irritating to my skin. It itches pretty bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by noellek09

I wanted to like this a lot, but unlike the other EM finishing powders, doesn't seem to do much for me. It seems to control oil well, but I'm naturally not too oily, so that problem never troubled me.
As for holding the makeup better--I think it does, but again I'm not sure. It's not dramatic change, with or without. I do love the idea of using organic rice as primer though, and the color's subtle, so three lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by pir0u3tt3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this powder seeing as I really like EM's foundation, but after using it only a couple of times, I found that the powder made me break out. This only happened after I started using the powder under my foundation, and not over it has a finishing powder like it's intended to be used. When I used the powder over the foundation, I didn't really see much of a difference. When I used it under the foundation, I found it made it stay on longer, but like I said before, it caused me to break out. I have combination skin that's on the oily side and sensitive, so it may work better for someone with the same type of skin who's not sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the start to finish in fair and the start to t finish rice powder in sunlight. I really like the sunlight better than fair. For some reason the fair tends to add a pinkish tint to my skin or maybe the sunlight camouflages the pink in my skin. But I wear golden fair and the sunlight is great.

I can't tell if the rice powder is any better than the finishing dust as far as oil control goes but it does work well as a finishing powder. I haven't used it as a primer yet. When I wore it yesterday, I didn't seem to get anymore oiler than normal. I am happy with this product and will probably purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

I have both the Start to Finish powder w/ kaolin clay and the Start to Finish Rice Powder. I like them both and can't really tell the difference between the two. I use this as a primer before applying my EDM foundation and afterwards as a loose powder. It makes my foundation go on smoother and last longer. Also, it keeps the shine at bay! Sunlight is the perfect color (I'm an NC35 in MAC and a combination of Beige Neutral and Golden Medium in EDM. Light Olive works with my skin tone as well.)

EDIT: I think I prefer the Tinted Silk Dust over this. It works way better in keeping my skin matte and makes my MMU last longer.