October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Lipstick - Lise Watier - Rouge Gourmand: Champagne

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after only testing it on my hand. The color looked a bit greyish on my NC30-35 skin color. I do like the moisturizing formula. I wear it with MAC girl about town lipstick underneath to use it up. In fact, I discovered that it is a nice nude color to wear over my more flashy colored lippies. I will probably repurchase the Lise watier gorumand lipstick in some other color in the future but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was on the hunt for a summery nude lipstick to wear with brown smoky eyes and stumbled across this in SDM. It's a pale, peachy nude with a beautifully moisturizing, plumping texture. One layer is slightly sheer, two layers is just right for the complete coverage I want. For reference I am a fair brunette, NC 15 with minimal freckles and olive green eyes and this is about as light as I could go in a nude and it's just perfect! There is a slight cameo-pink tinge and it stays colour-true. I love the peachiness and find it very flattering. There is also no shimmer, but the shine is very nice, tasteful and dewy without being goopy looking.

This line contains collagen enhancers that are supposed to enhance lip volume and make lips smoother. I love that Lise Watier's products often contain anti-ageing ingredients that work for us while making us pretty at the same time. It makes it easier to shell out $18.00 for a lipstick.

It's not a drying formula, but nor it is terribly long lasting for those who prefer the long wearing formulas. I personally don't and find this lasts a good couple hours, which on my lips is pretty good as I tend to sip tea, chew gum and munch nuts throughout the workday. I don't need to use a liner with it - another bonus!

The packaging is lovely. It's a metallic slate cylinder with a tiny diamond at the top and works comfortably. I've no doubt the sturdy metal will hold up well in my purse.

Now anything entitled gourmand has to smell good. This one smell like angel food cake with strawberries and rhubarb. At least that's what I have decided! It's been awhile since I have smelled the scent of champagne sadly and am not sure if these are scented according to their shades. If so, I'll update after my anniversary ;).

I paid $18 CAD for this and I'd easily pay is again. It's worth it for such a texture and great, flattering neutral nude that isn't flat and brown, but gentle and fresh.