December 19, 2014 | 1534 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Intense Classic Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by laynicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried it on in the store and thought it fit my skin tone well enough, but I think it was just the store lighting that made me think so. After a couple of applications at home, I realized that it was almost too light for my skin tone.
The coverage is really good- it covers up most of my scars and blemishes. However, I'll have terrible breakouts and even more blemishes from acne if I use this cream too often.
It only lasted about 4 hours before reapplying due to my extremely oily skin.

It's okay, it's definitely not the best I've had. I'll probably look for a new Korean BB cream after I use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Amphitrite37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for me! I just love it... My skin is NC15-20 I'd say and it suits me perfectly! It has a greyish tone, not too yellow, not too pink! It even looks good in photos! Whenever I wear it I look so fresh and natural. The only con, as others stated, is that it can be cakey if not blended right.. And it will not suit a darker skintone of course. As for the break-outs.. My skin is TOTALLY acne prone. When it doesn't like a product it shows, not only with pimples and redness but with wrinkles, patches, dullness as well!! When I come home and remove this BB my skin is radiant! And the next morning less red! I think the whitening effect really works! I'm already using the second tube! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by biojenni

its my favorite bb cream from skin79,has a very good coverage for acne scars,dark circles or blemishes. For oily skin you must set it with powder but last almost 8 hours. The only problem is the shade if you have dark skin is too light for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this in November, and it has worked wonderfully on my winter skin. Not a perfect or HG product for me but very good and worth buying again.
I have combo skin-prone to oiliness and minor pimples, but also dry patches (regardless of products). I apply moisturizer before bb cream and with this bb cream I find it makes blending the bb cream easier and the bb cream seems to lock in moisture--my skin is often clearer and better moisturized when I take off my make up at night than in the morning. I've seen more skin improvement with the Intense Classic balm than with the hot pink or gold Skin79 bb. It is more matte than the gold or hot pink, and can become caky more easily. It also has more coverage--closer to a foundation. My under eye circles are covered well, I also have a visible vein under my eye and the Intense Classic covers it well. However, it doesn't wear as well though the day. When I apply at 6 am by 2pm shiny patches breakthrough--because the bb texture is more matte it can look pretty caky/patchy. With the dewy finish of the hot pink or gold the oiliness isn't as noticeable. However, that's easily fixed with blotting tissue or touch ups. For spring I'll probably use the hot pink (or try the orange), but I would get the Intense Classic again for the fall and winter. Also, the version I have has SPF 35 PA++. It's 43.5g size makes it a bit less expensive than Skin79's other BB creams which are 40g and a few dollars more.
I think the Intense Classic balm would be good for dry-combo skin, especially in the winter, and for those seeking a bit more coverage and a less dewy finish.

Edit: 11/7/2014. Getting a second tube of this for winter! I've been using a lot of normal foundations and western bb creams, and my skin has been getting awful breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by PrincessofIce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
Really good coverage especially for dark circles
Cheap ($13-15 on ebay)
Easy to use
Good oil control (I have oily skin)

Cons:
Can be cakey if not blended right
Might be way too light for some people

I have really oily skin and I've tried a few BB creams already and this is one that's working really well for me in oily control. This is great for concealing dark circles because it's on the thick side. The problem with it being thick is that it can be a little hard to blend and the color is pretty light so it might not match your skin tone. Luckily for me I'm on the fair side and I'm also Asian so it matches me just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ohtigerlily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

okay.. i am torn.
it gives me near perfect coverage.. i have localized acne on my right cheek and some red marks, and this BB cream basically makes my face looks pretty much flawless. but.. it doesn't blend VERY well with my skin color, and in harsh/bright light, the spots where i applied the BB cream looks whitish and yeah, visible.
plus, if someone comes really near my face, they would see patches of cakiness.
the only reason i keep using this is 1) on the right kind of light (especially at night) my face looks so flawless 2) i have only one other concealer which sucks on certain spots

anyway, i would've brought a second tube if this BB cream has actually made some improvements on my skin. it doesn't.. in fact, i think i'm breaking out more often on my right cheek + the spots where i used the cream (under eyes and a bit on my left cheek) looks unhealthy.. like, there's a patch of red, rough skin on my left cheek.. what's up with that?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever BB Cream, and I love it!
Firstly:
My skin tone: NC20
My skin type: Teenage and prone to redness/scars, and more prone to dryness in the winter.

CONSISTENCY/COVERAGE: Very thick, and very full. As an overall foundation, best used by rubbing between the fingers, and then spreading over/patting into the skin. This way you will cover basically all redness/tone imperfection, without a cakey look! I don't feel the need to powder. I would recommend moisturizing well before use if you have dry skin - it's pretty moisturizing, but I require a little extra.

Often I use it as a concealer only, patting a reasonable amount over acne or dark circles, letting it sit a couple minutes, and then gently blending with more patting motions. This technique gives, like, perfect coverage!

Just an amazing product, and I really think it nourishes my skin, as well as making it look practically flawless - I love that it has very few ingredients, is vegan-friendly, and mostly plant-based.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I heart this bb cream!
this has medium coverage, it covered my redness and small blemishes real well, made my skin looked natural porcelain. still had to use concealer for my dark circles though.

oh, apply a very thin layer first, add more if needed or else you will look like a ghost out of nowhere

cons: still had to use blotting paper, only came in one shade I thought it only suits fair skin to fair medium,
and unfortunately too often using would cause me break out.. so.. I still had to search another bb cream for daily basis

EDIT: it's make my skin gotten worse and very iritated.. very disappointing looked I really need to throw this :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

For some reason I became obsessed with bb creams. After having some disappointments with Dr. Jart and Missha I decided to try this out, but now I just have this random tube of BB cream I am never going to use.

It's really hard to apply and makes me look dead lol. The actual shade is a tad light for me but I found that it didn't oxidize as much as other bb creams. It also accentuated my dry spots a LOT. Coverage was decent but it did nothing for my undereye circles. Overall the only plus for me was the price: way cheaper than some other bb creams out there. I'm going to retry it just because I spent the money but for now I don't recommend this; I went back to Missha perfect cover and made it work instead.

EDIT: tried this again and I now have two pimples on one side of my face and smaller bumps near my ear, along my jawline. Do not recommend if your pores clog easily.

Edit 2: I've been trying it once again after looking into my drawer and feeling bad about all the bb creams in there. I haven't been breaking out with it on anymore (and I've been wearing it to class, so those are 8+ hour days). It is really easy to overapply, though -- I wasn't paying attention and put on more than usual and looked like a mask even when the color adjusted, lol. The dead look is still there, you can't just put this on on a lazy day when you don't feel like wearing any other makeup. But I think it isn't as bad as I thought before. Would rank this 2 1/2 stars if MUA allowed that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this product for few weeks now and this is my first bb cream. so really cannot compare it with any other bb creams. my trick to apply this product is after washing my face, i use my toner and moisturize my face well. (for me, it's important to wait for 10 -15mins-- so your face can absorb the moisturizer). I then use small dots on my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and spread it using my **CLEAN** fingers. I find that it's easier to spread the product for me using my fingers, coz it blends nicely compared to a foundation brush or stippling brush. I would say first impression that the product was a bit thick but once it's all blended out... i don't feel it's heavy at all. one good thing was that... i did not even need to use concealer. i come back and just dab small portion on the area that need more coverage. in photograph, i do not have white cast or dry patches. i do use a setting powder to make it last longer --which it does. it does a decent job controling my oiliness since i have combination/oily skin. overall, this is good for everyday use for a sheer to medium coverage. not to be use if you are looking for full coverage.