April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Price: $5.50
Purchase Place: Ricky's
Product: Smokey Look Mega Lip Gloss

I love the smell, I was hoping for more on the peachy side but overall I would say it's a beautiful color. Texture is nice and not too creamy but has a nice bubble gum smell.

Would I buy again, probably not just because I'm in search of the perfect peach gloss and this is more on the coral side but would I recommend buy it, definitely and it doesn't take a lot out of your pocket.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

NYX megashine lip glosses are amazing! Smokey Look is my absolute favorite lip gloss. The semi-sheer nude beige color with the slight shimmer is more than just a nude gloss and accents most intense looks, not just smoky eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skylark

Ugh this lip gloss. Hate the smell. Hate the packaging - it leaks!! Hate the formula- it separates easily in the bottle :( but I guess I'm a Revlon girl when it comes to lip glosses...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Won't purchase this shade again, the product is fine though. This color is sheer on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think NYX glosses are pretty good for the price. However, I only own a few because of the very strong scent/flavor of them. If these were unscented, I would certainly purchase a lot more. The scent is a mix of candy and chemicals. Now, for this specific gloss I absoulutely love the color. Smokey Look is a very warm toned nude peach with some sparkles. You can't even notice the sparkles once applied to the lips. I like topping Smokey Look over a matte nude l/s to provide some dimension. However, on it's own, Smokey Look is sheer if you have pigmented lips. I took one lippie off for the scent.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I was looking for natural lip gloss for everyday use. and had hard time to find it. it had to be not too shimmery, not too strong pigmented, not matt or greasy, natural look color on my lips

at the Ulta beauty store. I tried many lipgloss and I found this color. this one met every criteria I wanted. and now I see this has good reviews after I bought it. lucky. I like it. !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Ulta and I'm so glad I did. These are creamy as heck and very pigmented. Smokey Look is a beautiful pale pinky brown. I discovered that this is basically the more pigmented and less glittered version of MAC's Dazzleglass in Sublime Shine. Except that I prefer this over my MAC Dazzleglass. I like wearing this over Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Gumdrop, or Peach Parfait. As you can see this works over a lot of lip sticks, ore even just by it self. This comes with a TON of product and is cheap for the quality of the product. The packaging is adorable with a little bow on the top of the cap. I also love the slant tip applicator. Also, this has glitters in it but not a ton, so beware if you don't like glitter. The glitters in it are less gritty than Dazzleglasses. This smells like cherry's. I don't like the scent but you can only smell it when you open the tube, not on your lips so it's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find myself often stuck in a bit of a pink rut when it comes to lip products. I'm very pale and cool-toned, so I'm worried that colors will look too dark or give me the dreaded concealer lips. This is a fantastic coral lip gloss that warms up the complexion beautifully without being too orange. It's also worth noting that it photographs well too... Not too thick or shiny looking, just a nice, natural gloss with good color payoff. I love the formula of the mega-shine lipglosses from NYX-- they aren't sticky at all. I think they smell kind of lemony, but it doesn't bother me. This product does require pretty frequent touch-ups but it's very forgiving and easy to do. This is DEFINITELY worth a re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the color. It has shimmer, which I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

Argh!!! What is up with this gloss? I have 3 other NYX glosses that have a decent cherry scent. I can't place the scent of this gloss, but it is something kind of gross. Nothing like cherry at all. And, I actually feel a bit of a cooling sensation when I put this on. The ingredients are the exact same as my other glosses so why the cooling effect? I hate the cooling effect! I bought this from ebeauty.ca thinking that the price was alright ($7.99cdn w/free shipping), but if I don't like it, then it was not a good deal. Although the texture is okay (hence the 2 lipstick rating - and I am being generous), I am still disappointed because I probably won't wear it. On top of all this, the pigment is so light in this gloss. Once applied, the colour vanishes in about 3mins. Seriously! What a waste! And I was so looking forward to this popular NYX shade :( Next time, I won't believe the hype! Booooourns!

**Note: for those of you who are willing to waste your hard-earned money on this gloss, this is a good dupe for MAC's Feeling Dreamy (discontinued).