January 29, 2015 | 1078 users online

Lip Treatments - Sonia Kashuk - Hydrating Lip Balm SPF 14 - Dainty 04

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by suzata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked 'Cherrylicious' up at Target in one of their clearance bins for about $1.50. (Yay!) That said, this is a mediocre balm/gloss. Nice, smooth texture; a subtle wash of color and scent. The packaging looks nice, but the plastic is kind of hard to squeeze, and I couldn't peel the packaging off properly so there is a gooey, sticky film all over the front. I'll use this, but I would not repurchase or go foraging for other colors -- especially at full price. No way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ClarkstonsMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I disagree with the lip gloss thing, coming from a lippie ADDICT who has tons and tons of different lip products. It is definitely more of a soft lip balm in a tube. Lip glosses tend to be more tacky and the consistency of this product is the silkiest, creamiest balm I've ever used. My favorite for a long time was HIP jelly balm and I still love them but I'm a new fan of Sonia Kashuk hydrating lip balm! They have SPF, they are so soft on the lips, smell great and no taste. It's like silk on the lips. I got the plum color and now want to run back to Target and get all the colors! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

SK cosmetics are the first thing I see when I go into my Target, and I have had my eye on this lip balm in Striking (a deep coral color) for a long time.

However, in the past when I use a l/g with sunscreen it burns and drys up my lips. I took a chance and picked it up this last trip and am very pleased with it. It's sheer but does tint & gloss my lips very naturally, but the benefit is it is very soothing, smooth & hydrating.

I don't like the tube though, there's a piece of plastic on mine that is raised and hurts when I put on from the tube, so I have to use a lip brush. But no big deal. Good stuff !!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in peach passion because it was on clearance. I usually don't buy stuff in peach but it was cheap so I decided to give it a try. As others have said, this is more of a gloss than a balm. It is very glossy and moisturizing, but there is not alot of color. The way it appears on my lips, it might as well have been clear. It's kinda oily when you first start using it and I'm not in love with the applicator or the smell. Neither are bad, they just aren't good. I'll finish using it because I paid for it, but I definitely won't purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Striking, which is a pretty orange color in the tube. But it's completely sheer on my lips, not even a hint of color. This is defintely more of a gloss, it's not all that moisturizing when it wears off, which is pretty fast. It's very watery/greasy in texture so it slides right off the lips. Definitely can't wear this over any lipstick or stain. The worst part is the horrible SPF smell/taste. I can't stand this! Some products are worse than others and this one is pretty bad. Skip these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by furchttrommel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not a bad lipgloss. (it is labeled as a balm but i think it wears like a gloss). the gloss itself is not sticky and adds a nice, sheer shine to my lips. but there is nothing spectacular or outstanding about this gloss.

it does have a very nice smell, though.

i still prefer my clinique glosses. to be fair, i think this wears a lot like clinique's grapefruit super moisturizing gloss, if you'd like a comparison.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim. I wouldn't call it a lip balm. I'd call it a lip gloss with SPF and a sheer one at that. I got this in Peach Passion. It adds a very sheer peach gloss, very slight, to my lips. I do like the SPF for this type of product. It's not sticky and has fairly decent lasting properties. Despite this being a squeeze tube the slanted tip and hole is actually not centered with the tube itself making application kinda hard so I just pat it on with my fingers when I want to take my time. Otherwise, I slop it on and no problems there. May buy again in another color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by etoiledujour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love lip balm products and decided to try this out.
i got the cherrylicious color and it feels great on my lips! it feels like lipbalm, nice and hydrating, while also giving a nice lip gloss tinted shin.

i'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Absolutely adore this! Could it have a more smooth, non-sticky texture? I think not! I bought this last night at Target, and it was $7.49, which I think is really high. But I really like it. Dainty is a bright pink, that shows up as a sheer, almost clear, tint. This reminds me of Clinique Superbalm, except less sticky in texture, and also has the SPF - yay! Great for summer! UPDATE: Loved this so much, that I went back to Target to get another shade, and chose Striking 05, which is a slightly more pigmented, more orangey shade. Very small differences between the two. Adore it just as much though!