Estee Lauder youth cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 8/26/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Been using this cream for 6 months now, day & night. Love the texture & got compliments on how my skin look within first few days of using it. Its best suited for combination skin rather than matured & dehydrated skin. I already bought a spare bottle of this cream as it is now discontinued. Now Estee Lauder put their Youth formulation into their new Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting range, with a richer texture.

When do shopping, do buy thing(s) that suit you & not b'cos of publicity or hype. Some of the comments in MakeupAlley are such a joke. A 20ish girl using a super rich cream design for more matured skin is simply doesn't work. Just b'cos its a free samples, right....she can use it but never put negative comments as it clearly not formulated to suit her age need. And so do matured woman trying some formulation for teen skin/combination skin. All I would say, be a wise consumer with a genuine comments.

on 5/29/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Re-Nutriv line but I do NOT like this product. The customer service folks says that it is for young women who want to keep their skin young. What in the heck does that mean? The Re-Nutriv specialist told me that it was really developed for the granddaughters of the devoted customers who want to start using a high-end product. In other words, it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Ultimate Firming products. I tried it and sent it back. It broke me out. I'm not in the right demographic anyway. If you want to use the line, use the Ultimate Firming.

Overall, this is an excellent moisturiser, not too rich not too thin. Texture is great, feels very luxurious when applied and is absorbed within a few minutes -works perfect as a make up base. -I only use it for night time though as it has no SPF in it -so it is my current night treatment as well as make up base for a night out.

I m on my second jar now and I can't really say I have seen enormous difference. Estee Lauder's claim is to 'use it religiously' and it will pay back in the future so I guess that at my age I can't really see much difference. However, my friend who is 40 and used this for a week saw a big difference - I even noticed it on her and I commented on how bright and rested her face looked!

For that price, and not enormous results I cannot say if it's worth spending just for the nice feeling. Maybe I review again in 10 years :) Packaging is also not hygienic -apart from looking posh.

Popular Moisturizers