April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Naked Paris

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lipsticks with an opaque color, this one isn't BUT I still love it.
I swatched it and I loved it. It is a nice plum color with silver glitters. It's very moisturizing and is very flattering on every skintone. An easy to wear lipstick. It works with every eyelook and still it's not a nude, i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by elpee46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this color on at a discount store near Rockefeller Center. I bought the last one for four bucks and I loved it so much that I immediately went to the MAC store in Times Square the next day to buy another one for four times as much. It's a beautiful light copper brownish / berry color with tiny glitter sparkles (not huge pieces that stick to your lips so don't worry). Looks darker in the tube than it really is. It's not a long wearing lipstick so you will have to reapply fairly often, but the color is very neutral without being boring and seems to bring out the green in my eyes. Would work well with all skin tones (mine is olive). Now that I found a color I like, I'm assuming it will be discontinued - LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is one of those lippies I got by walking into a (trusted) MAC location and asking the sales person to suggest something. When he suggested this, I cringed at first, so dark in the tube...the 90's are OVER. Then he swiped it on my hand and it was so, so much softer than it looked in the tube, but I was still dismissing it. It was this berry, plummy, brown, combo. It reminds me of being in the realm of Sophisto, O, Fluid (but that skews way darker) sans all the frost from the frost ones and replace the frost with the small microglitter to give the lipstick sheen. So I gave it a shot and tried it on, at first, again, I thought, ugh, too dark...90's are done. But then I gave it a second look and realized this is the perfect soft, yet a bit more of a bite lippie you need. The sales guy even said, he loves suggesting it because it looks different on everyone. Suddenly the possibilities of rockin' some great fall/winter looks came over me and I noticed how it worked to bring life to my naked face. Is this "the" lipstick that will change your life? No. But I am so glad to have it in my collection. It is a great bridge color (aka happy medium) from my old, first MAC colors of Fluid, VGV, O, Sophisto to my new faves of Creme Cup, Shy Girl and Creme de Nude (mind you this is over a 13 yr span).

For reference, I am NW20 with rosey brown lips, brown eyes and black/brown hair.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing lipstick for my coloring. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so i have read other people reviews and noticed people calling it a purple bownish colour, on me i find this is a pink colour neautral that can be worn with dark or smoked eyes. I do like it so no complaints here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hope they re-release this at some point. It's my favorite MAC lipstick so far, and my current choice for a regular everyday lipstick. My favorite lipstick of all time is Dior Addict in Spotlight (formerly known as Addict High Shine in Chestnut Chic), but the Dior is out of my price range. Naked Paris is a pretty good dupe. It's a shimmery, sheer plum-pink with a hint of brown to keep it low key. I feel like MAC lipsticks could stand to be a bit more moisturizing, but I can live with it. Overall I think this is a great lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great shimmery plummy toned lipstick. Think Clinique Black Honey without the jam stickiness. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Would you buy this product again? Would I ever!! This is by far my face MAC lipstick out of the six or seven I own.

It's a lustre, so obviously it goes on sheer and it's a lovely shade that I can see being flattering on many skin tones. But what I love most about this lipstick it's the lovely sheen it gives to the lips! It's got some shimmer and when applied it gives the most gorgeous depth (if I could use this term) and dimension to the lips. It's amazing and I think it's one of MAC's unsung heroes as other lipsticks of the mlbb family get more praise when to my mind this is one of the best. It's sophisticated and lovely, and although it's not dark enough to compat a dark eye it doesn't go unnoticeable either.

I get a lot of compliments when I wear this shade and it lights up my whole face. I would repurchase, therefore, again and again coz I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Jenaex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great lipstick and has more of an sheer outcome. It was suggested to me by and mac employee.This color also looks good with a shimmer gold gloss on top. great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

Naked Paris is one of my favorites of all my MAC lipsticks. It is a lustre, not a glaze as stated below. It's similar to Midimauve and Oh, Garnet on me. A lovely pinkish brown with a very unique addition of glitter in it, which serves to make the lips look better but not in a chunky crafts glitter way. More like the glitter you may see in a lipgloss? I end up wearing this when I want something that doesn't scream pink or brown, because I usually like to highlight my eyes and don't want my lips competing loudly. Which is often! A fave.