August 22, 2014 | 1113 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - Automatic Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need to put in my two cents here. I have owned this liner for over 3 years (yes, I know that is too long to be using a pen liner without replacing it) and IT STILL WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. It has not dried out in the least and still makes beautiful thin lines, the tip is soft and flexible, and the liner lasts incredibly well throughout the day (and on me that is a miracle). Sometimes if it has been a few days since I have used it I will need to run it across my lid a few times to get it going, but once it's ready it works like a dream.
I love it enough that I am about to go out and by a fresh one (and as a makeup adventurer that rarely happens), and I will probably get another color as well.

The only down side is that the "Black" is actually more of a dark smokey pine green on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by skp

I really like the brush on this eyeliner pen. I generally find brush type pens to offer greater control and precision than felt tip marker type eyeliners, and find them to be more comfortable also. (Marker type tips are usually quite hard.)

This pen was great at first. I ran around the various cosmetics counters at Nordstrom's comparing all the liquid eyeliner pens. This one offered one of the deepest blacks and had a nice thin brush point which made it easy to go from the thinnest of lines to the thickest. But then it seemed like it started sucking out in just a couple weeks. I'm not sure, *maybe* I got a month's worth of good use out of it. But way too soon it started giving weak bluish gray lines.

But, I was just about to toss it, when it occurred to me to rinse the brush a bit, as I've always done with the Shu Uemura pen. It seems to have worked. It's making dark lines again. We'll see, I'm not expecting too much more life out of it, and it's definitely not a repeat purchase, but I guess it's worth something. Maybe. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by aznkitty

When I saw the reviews of this product I was not surprised.Let me break this down for everyone.

Price: expensive. If youre not a YSL brand junkie or have an exteme love for this eyeliner for some reason, its not worth it .... but saying that i would buy this again NOT IN THE BLACK. Let me say this now, if you want to have a DARK BLACK eyeliner this is NOT for you. Blue on the other hand is beautiful and quite worth the money though stll expensive.

Packaging: cheap cheap cheap. it feels cheap. and the black is definitly not worth it. When you hold this eyeliner it just feels cheap. If the makeup artist had not used this in my make over at YSL i would not have even swached it. Its cheap plastic that is extremely light.

Overall: Great blue eyeliner, i havent tried the brown so i cannot say, black i utterly horrible. It is not just you tube that is faulty just return it and buy another eyeliner, i have a black one from a japanese conveniece store and it is 70000000 times better, and about 15 USD.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Editing my review, big time. I've been using this for about a month now and while I'm still really happy with the thin line, ease of application, and staying power of the formula, I have a BIG problem. I'm almost out of product! I can get one eye to line nice and black, but when I try to do the second eye, the tip seems dry and I can hardly get any liner out. Considering I paid $30 for this, it seems way overpriced. I am going to have to look for a cheaper substitute, I guess because they do not put nearly enough liner in the package.
Original review: I love this eyeliner! I like a subtle, fine line for day and have had such a hard time finding a product that draws a fine line without much trouble. Well, this is that product! The felt tip is super fine so you can get just the right amount of liner- it barely looks like you're wearing makeup except you look sooo good! It has pretty good staying power, too. I don't mind that it's black because the line is so fine it's not harsh even though I have fair skin and light hair.
The downside is the packaging. The pen is in a gold-tone plastic case, not the nice heavy, luxe metal of the Touche Eclat and similar products. For the price, I wish it was in more expensive-looking/feeling packaging. I haven't had this for long so I don't know how long the liner will last but I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by rosrey

The design of this liquid pen eyeliner is brilliant! The liquid automatically flows to the high quality felt tip so that just the perfect amount of product is released, allowing me to draw a thin, even and really black line. Most importantly, the formula is relatively budge-proof and lasts through a work day. As of now, it's only available in black but I'm hoping YSL will release more colors.