April 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Blush - Ben Nye - Contour No 1

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kissyfit006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to find a store that sells Ben Nye products and picked this up for merely $9. Packaging isn't anything fancy, it's very basic. I like how it has a clear lid so I know what color I'm picking up when I do my makeup. It also comes with a ton of product, and I doubt I'll ever be running out of it anytime soon. I was interested in this particular contour powder because I was looking for the perfect color to contour my nose with without looking silly (I've tried bronzers that had too much shimmer which is not a good look on the sides of your nose/ or when I tried eye shadows that were recommended for contouring, the color just wasn't right) This powder has nearly the perfect color, but it's a tad dark and extremely pigmented. Definitely start off with a light touch when using this and build it up. Unfortunately, I found it extremely difficult to put on this product without it looking blotchy and unnatural on my nose. I did end up find my HG powder for contouring my nose, Kevyn Aucoin's The Sculpting Powder. If you have the $$$ it costs 4X as much as Ben Nye's Contour Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

After reading up on other reviews I knew I wanted to try this out. It took a very long time to find an online store that had normal shipping prices. In the end I found one that sells refills so I purchased this, therefore I can not comment on the packaging as I don't know what it looks like. On to the product, I love it I can not state otherwise. I have used before: Strada by MAC, Contour set by Sleek and even dark brown eyeshadows like Espresso by MAC. No more of all of that, I now use Ben Nye. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It contours and makes it look natural. You can layer of course if you like a real strong shade. Personally I always love the natural look and this is perfect. I apply with the side of the flat top brush, suck in my cheeks and apply under the cheekbone with small light upwards strokes for the natural effect. I like how it looks and it stays put all day. I love pretty packaging which I don't have with this refill but the powder does it's job so I'm happy. I absolutely recommend because this will work on different skin colours due to the fact that you can layer the powder.
I'm very pleased I have found yet another great product !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Hands down, this product is WORTH IT. It's affordable, easy to find (theater stores or online ordering) and most of it all, it works really, really well. First, the packaging is about the same size as Ben Nye's blushes, so it's not too big (the pan is about 2 inches across) and is eeasy to travel with.

The color is a neutral medium brown which is neither orange-y nor bronze-y as some contour powders can be. It works great for my NC25-30 skin and looks very natural, unlike if I try to use brown eyeshadow or some other product to contour. This powder is SUPER pigmented so use a light hand or a skunk brush to apply it! To get a soft, natural shadow instead of a long streak of color, take most of it off on the back of your hand before you apply it to your face. It can be built up easily for more dramatic looks (helpful for Halloween!) but I find that it's VERY easy to go overboard, so just be careful with how much you use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST contour shade I have ever tried!. I don't know how many products I bought trying to find the right shade to contour my face (most of them were either too orange or too shimmery). This is IT, the shade is perfect and the price is great. It really does wonders for my nose!
I'm really happy with the powder version, and very temped to try the cream version (mediapro cream shadow).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not only is this the best contour powder out there, but it's also the BEST value! Previously, I was using bronzer to double up as a contour powder, but found most of them to be too red/orange toned and/or shimmery. I then came across this Ben Nye one and have been using it on myself regularly in the past couple of years. I love how natural it looks. I have also added one of these babies to my kit and have used it on a few bridal gigs, tried it on pale-medium skintones, and it works flawlessly! It's super pigmented, so you don't need much product at all per use -- will definitely last a long time even with regular use. I will never look elsewhere because this contour powder is perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by neko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so glad my search in makeupalley for a good contour product led me to Ben Nye's Contour 1. Previously, all my contour powders were either too red, or had shimmers in them. I was desperate for a contour powder that would look natural in photos, and wasn't too expensive. This is it - a greyish-brown toned contour powder that showed up well on my NC30-35 skin. I got mine from an ebay theatrical shop for around US$8 (without shipping).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a great contour powder. Just a light, light hand will produce a noticable effect. It will last you forever. It isn't orangy like a bronzer. It's the perfect neutral. I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by zongher

OMG.. If anyone is looking for a great contour color, this will be it! i swear it because its a perfect color to contour your face with no hint of that orangy color in it. I totally recommend this product!!! You will not be disasppointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I've been using this for quite a while now and find it hard to believe that I have yet to review it. Before trying this out, I relied upon bronzing powders for contour-I shudder to think of the orangey unnatural-looking streaks they left on me. Luckily a product search here lead me to try Ben Nye, which I'm quite pleased with. I agree that it creates a believable shadow. If I'm not careful with application, this can make my cheeks look like they're smudged with dirt, something I attribute to my lack of a decent brush to apply. I typically offset this by rubbing my crappy brush into the pot of #1 and then rubbing the brush into my wrist before applying to my cheek hollows. Both the technique and the product itself work for me and I will continue to purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kaska2

I have been searching for a good contouring product and finally I got it. Amazing! I really would buy this again. Finally a shade without any reddish, orange or pink undertones!