November 1, 2014 | 1376 users online

Lotions/ Creams - H2O - spa hand and nail cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a travel size bottle of this lotion at Ross last year for $1. I generally don't like lotions as most are too greasy and make me feel like I'm covered in a layer of grease. However, I knew I had to bit the bullet and use something as my hands started becoming cracked and ashy because I constantly wash them. I didn't have high hopes for this lotion but I was pleasantly surprised.

This cream has a nice clean scent and absorbs quickly into the skin. It absorbs so quickly that I can actually apply this while sitting in traffic and not have the steer wheel slip out of my hands. Its consistency is on par with other regular body lotions but it seems to stick around even after you wash your hands. I used it sparingly at first because I only had a wee tube but luckily I found a full size bottle on clearance for $4 at yet another Ross so I'm set for a while.

As good as this lotion is, I'm not sure if I'd buy it for the $16 retail price. I have a difficult time justifying paying that amount for a body lotion unless it is tailored to fade brown marks or heal a specific skin problem but as long as I keep finding it on sale, I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by unshkw

I bought this because I wanna reach a certain amount of purchase, or I might not have bought it. It's actually a very good hand cream. It moisturizes very well (I have OCD of washing my hands, so they are really dry and have cracks in the winter), but it's leave the greasy feelings at all. The smell is pleasant too. The only problem is the price is too high, since I need a lot of hand cream, I would look for products that work the same but are lower in price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Fitz801

My hands don't get super dry so I prefer hand cream with a lighter texture. I tried this in the smaller size and really liked it. It smells nice, sinks in quickly, and lasts a while. The full size is quite large and not expensive either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this hand and nail cream when I first bought it, before winter. It really leaves your hands feeling as soft as silk, and NOT GREASY AT ALL.

The scent is light, kind of baby-powder-meets-flower scent. Not strong, but noticeable.

But then winter came... and my hands got really dry, flaky, cracked and chapped. So I applied some of this hand and nail cream. It made my hands *FEEL* better, but didn't actually *HEAL* anything. I still had chapped, dry, cracked, and flaky patches.

So this is a good everyday-normal-weather-normal-hands, hand cream. It's definitely not for severely dry hands, or protecting them against the elements. I don't think I'll repurchase, because it was a little pricey, and doesn't really help when I need it to the most.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after seeing the raves here on MUA, and I must join the chorus. This lotion is simply lovely, leaving the hands very soft with only the tiniest droplet of lotion; this bottle will last me forever!
However, people sensitive to scents will want to be wary; this is a very strongly scented product.

EDIT: Removing a lippie since the lotion doesn't absorb easily enough for my taste.

EDIT II: The lotion seems to dry my hands out in the long run. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by 093274000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
whipped and light consistency
no heavy fragrance
smoothing but not greasy or thick
easy to spread on hand

cons
price
I wish the lid was a flip cap instead of one that needs to be turned to close

overall: I would buy again but only if I had the money

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lawdiva

This is my HG hand cream - very moisturizing with a nice light scent. Never causes breakouts if I happen to touch my face when wearing this lotion. Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by JennyJen

This is probably my favorite handcream of all time, and I have used a lot of them!

This lotion contains panthenol, vitamin E, aloe vera, hydrolized silk and botanicals sea fennel, wakame, and sea lettuce. It is extremely rich, and has the same softening effect as glycerine-based hand creams like Neutrogena Norwegian formula or Herbacin Kalmille, but doesn't leave any trace of that greasy residue feeling that other rich lotions do. Its quick absorption is probably my favorite thing about it.

Other pluses: it comes in a generous clear tube (so you can see if you're running out), and is not tested on animals. Also it has a very faint sort of marine scent that goes away pretty quickly, so it won't interfere with other scents you might be wearing, or irritate fragrance-sensitive coworkers.

Highly recommended.