July 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Styling Products - Ion - Lusterizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by heaewa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a great buy. it doesn't weigh my hair down and it smells great! I bought this product because my ends looked dead from all my split ends and this product did the trick! It made my ends look healthy and soft. I also love that I can use it on my wet or dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I love this product. I use it when I am done doing my hair and I have my desired look. This will help with frizz, and work withas all elements that mayd disturb my hair. How a product smells is also very important to me... this scent was very light, but I enjoyed it. It may take me a while to finish this product, but when I do I wilk definatly be rebuying...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this as a finishing product for my hair after i straighten it. Normally my natural hair is wavy but it likes to get big! So when I can I straighten it I use the One N Only Argan oil spay and oil first in my wet hair. I let it air dry then spray a little more on my ends. Then I get to straightening once I'm done I add this and omgosh it gives it so much shine and luster.

It smells light and fresh and 2 pumps takes care of all my hair which is a lot. I love that it's vegan and paraben free. It leaves my hair so nice that no matter how much moisture in the air it doesn't frizz. If my hair is feeling really dry I will add one pump after when it needs it. My hair feels wonderful and I really love this stuff it's an easy 5 lippie product because it does what it says.

It controls frizz and it gives depth and dimension because the shine is so deep in the hair making it look so healthy. Love this product and I highly recommend it. An excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Years ago, John Frieda's Secret Weapon was what I turned to to smooth down my little frizzies I got allover the place after I would blow dry my hair. At some point it was reformulated, and I despised it. Didn't smell like cherry almond anymore and, more importantly I suppose, it no longer worked to smooth my hair. I had given up on finding a replacement and no product had ever come close, until I came upon some top rated products on Sally Beauty Supply's website. Ooo Lusterizing Cream! I want that in my life. Reviewers remarked that this works perfectly on already dried hair to smooth frizz and it also smells like cherry almond. Purchased it, used it, and YES-- the old school JF Secret Weapon! It is richer than I remember SW being, but I think that is a plus for my extra damaged hair because it drinks it right up. I love using it before I blow dry as well, it adds extra moisture and tons of shine to my hair and makes it easier to shape. I use about a quarter size on wet hair and a nickle size blob on dry hair to smooth frizz. I would recommend starting slow with this because people with healthier hair than myself probably won't need half that amount. This stuff makes my hair look healthy. That in and of itself is a miracle. I won't heat style my hair without this cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this creme. It smells so good (a sweet almond smell) and moisturizes well. I use this in conjunction with the Ion anti-frizz leave-in spray on my sons curly, parched hair. This combo keeps his curls soft, shiny and clumped together. Works the best when his hair is wet. I also love the bottle with the pump. I only wish that the container was bigger for the price (3.4 oz at 8.99), but one pump does the trick so I'm sure this container will last a while. It's also 100% vegan, paraben free and great for traveling with!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkpisces0302

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this stuff is perfect when u got the case of the fuzzy's lol! but for real im very impressed,i try stuff all the time..i have thin hair,but after i blow dry it it gets so fuzzy,but this gave me shiny smooth hair..and i luv how it smells..u jus need a lil bit..it goes a long way :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim without reading MUA reviews first.....big mistake.....
I am always looking for a smoothing product for my damaged, hard to manage, frizzy, and thin hair. This just weighted my hair down and made my roots very oily!! Yes, I applied too much. I experimented for a few days and applied it only to my ends, no success; my hair just ended up being very flat and unattractive. UGH!!
I love the smell though. I think this is designed for women with thick and coarse hair.....that's why I gave it 3 lippies.
What a waste of $9.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this, along with a ton of other Ion products, with a Sally's gift card I was trying to use up. I color my hair, and between touchups my color gets dull. I thought this would be a nice way to perk it up and keep the color looking vibrant, but go figure, I was wrong. I've used it on both wet and dry hair, with better luck dry. It's extremely smooth, almost greasy feeling. After using a flat iron over it, my hair felt smoother, however the product is so greasy it made my hair feel weighed down. It also looked made my hair look like a greasy ball. I have long, thick, wavy hair, and one pump spread evenly through my hair left me with these results. I then tried using it after washing my hair, to see if that helped. It ended up worse than the first time. My hair still felt greasy and looked like I hadn't washed it in weeks. It also left a film over my hands, which should have been a heads up in the first place. I was displeased with every Ion product I bought, and this was no exception. I gave it two stars only because despite the grease-pit feeling, my hair did feel very soft after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by natalie731

I bought this the other day at Sally's. First, I love the pump bottle, very nice. It pumps out the perfect amount. The first time i used this i smoothed it into my damp hair and allowed it to air dry....yep, SUPER soft. Then the next day I applied 1 pump and blow dried. yep, EVEN SOFTER and SHINY!! yay, this really helps my thick coarse, dry hair!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I'm getting ready to go to the beach and needed something to help out my fine straight hair that somehow manages to get unbelievable frizzy with humidity.

Anywho this product's description said "Lightweight polisher leaves hair silky, shiny and frizz-free." Lightweight and frizz-free, yay, that's exactly what I wanted.

So far I've only used it a couple times and so far I got exactly what I needed. I use one pump of this stuff to smooth over my blow-dried hair and it makes it look like I've flat ironed my hair. I love it! Helps me skip a step of styling plus the damage of flat ironing, plus it smells pretty too.