July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Foundations - Pro Activ - Proactiv (R) Solution Sheer Finish Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by briannaroberts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

if you have dark spots you really can use proactiv it will really help it helped me and it can help you too if you want to cover it you can use l'oreal blush but if you want to get rid of it then use proactiv

-briannaroberts bye

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so i first bought this product in 2010, and still use it to this day. Its something ive always strayed away from but in the end i always come back to it, it is a godsend for oily skin, you do need to blot still but this is very mattifying.
This is not a powder foundation, its more of a shine reduction/finishing powder, but if you're someone who doesnt like foundation, and has shiney skin, this definaetly provides enough coverage to reduce the appearance of redness/blemishes.
It goes really well over foundation and tinted moisturiser, there isnt really anything that it doesnt go with.
This compact powder is translucent, however if not applied over any "base" foundation (or tinted moisturiser) it can make you look very "white".
It is best applied with a powder brush, or a buffing brush.
It lasts quite a long time, i generally only have to quickly re-apply once a day.
I wouldnt reccomend this product to people with dry skin, it isnt moisturising at all, and can collect around dry areas and look crusty.
The packageing is "boring" but it is relavent to what it is, it just comes in a silver/gray clam shell type of contraption, with a decent sized mirror, and it SOMETIMES comes with a sponge. (Which pissed me off because this a consumer product, and i dont actually use sponges, but as if a company would "sometimes" provide a sponge, very bad, but the quality of the product itself is the main thing.)
All in all, i would re purchase again, however i am going to try MAC'S "oil blotter" powder, before re-purchaseing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by shinhbang

I'm so thankful it comes in a color that matches me. Proactive's makeup line comes with very limited colors. I got the second medium color, and it went on way tooooo tan/ dark on me. So I ordered the first medium color one (forgot what it's really called), and it's a perfect match! So far, it's okay. It goes on a bit cakey on me, but maybe I wasn't wearing enough moisturizers. I normally wear Sheer Cover, but this seems like a great alternative too because Sheer Cover is expensive! My mom is paying about $99 per a box every 90 days.
So far, this foundation is definitely an okay for me. Don't use the sponge that comes it! Terrible tool! I'm using my E.L.F. foundation brush, and it goes great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder. It last all day. I dont like the cleansing range but I do love Proactiv make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product but I think some of the reviews are for a different foundation. This one is the sheer finish mineral powder compact- not the creamy one that actually looks like foundation. This is just like loose mineral powder but in a compact. It comes in many shades to choose from and it really evens out skin tone and covers blemishes well without looking like you're wearing too much makeup. I have it in the lightest color made (translucent) and the next color up (light 1).
It also doesn't contain talc and has more natural ingredients than a lot of powder foundations.

To get it cheaper, join proactiv as a member but delay your shipment if you don't use their 3 set kit (you can call and delay up to 6 months). Then you can order makeup products anytime and get the member prices. You'll get catalogs in the mail regularly with free shipping and free product offers, too.

EDIT: I should add that the trick with this powder is NEVER to use the enclosed applicator puff. I only use a large fluffy powder brush (like one you'd use for loose powder). This way you will never look like you have caked on makeup. Carry a smaller retractable travel size with you if you if you are using this for touch ups. I no longer use loose powder because Proactiv's loose powder is expensive for the amount you get in the container. The compacts are much more economical and have the same function if you use them with a powder brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I tried this a few years ago and liked it the first time I put it on, then was not so impressed. So I wasn't expecting too much when I bought it again. I read some positive reviews and decided it was worth another try. I still don't like it. It seems streaky no matter how you blend it. I have the lightest color and it still looks orange on me. Even if I did like it, I would be disappointed with the amount of product you get. Will not be buying again. Will use up for the acne fighting properties in it though. I am C2 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the whole Pro Activ set for my face but had to stop because it was making my skin way too dry. I do think that Pro Activ helped clear a lot of my acne that I had before but unfortunately it severely dried out my face so I had to stop. So anyways one day when I was buying the facial cleansing kit the sales associate recommended that I tried this compact foundation. I don't remember how much I paid for it but I believe that it was around $30-$35 Canadian. I had bad cystic acne and dark (purple-ish/blue) acne scars before. This foundation was the BEST foundation I have ever tried! It was very creamy and it covered my dark acne scars really well. Of course it did not cover the cystic acne as they were not flat and no amount of makeup would help with that. This foundation literally made my face look plastic and flawless. It did not break me out or cause any reactions to my skin such as dryness or redness. It was long lasting and I always got complimented on my skin afterwards. I chose the fair shade as I have pretty light skin with warm/yellow undertones and it matched perfectly. The staying power was great as well. The only problem with this foundation is that it has been discontinued in Canada. If I was able to buy this foundation again, I definitely would!

EDIT: So I finally realized that they actually have this stuff again. I was *so* happy that it came back. I bought it this summer and I must say, I still LOVE it. It gives me beautiful looking perfect skin even though my skin is absolutely horrible covered with dark marks, cystic acne and acne scarring. This make-up makes my skin look airbrushed. It's beautiful. My only problem is that it costs $40 and when you're a student on a tight budget that can be a problem. It also only lasted me two months after using it every single day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had the skin care line so my mom got me this to try out. I loved it and the packaging was nice. When I got this it was $16. I'm not sure if the price has gone up since I don't have acne anymore and don't use it. I had moderate-severe acne and this calmed it down. Foundation is creamy and blended well. I would recommend this for anyone who has acne often or gets break outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by RSue92

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the entire Proactiv line since January, 2008. My face looks amazing! I tried going off Proactiv and my pimples returned. So, I went back to Proactiv and once again, I am in the clear.
Now, I was using CoverGirl Mineral Pressed Powder foundation, (I still LOVE it!). However, I did notice that I would get the little bumps. So, I decided to try Proactiv's foundation. I purchased the light shade. I ended up using the CoverGirl pressed powder foundation sponges and the Proactiv foundation goes on quite smoothly. I don't need a lot of product and if I do need extra coverage, I just reapply over that area. It dries to a smooth powder finish. I then follow with the Proactiv Shine Free powder. My skin's tone has really evened out since using this foundation and I find that I have to use less and less of it, each time! I gave the packaging a low rating, because when I received it, the makeup part of the compact had actually stuck to the mirror and I still need to be careful it doesn't come out completly! I will purchase this again, because I am very pleased with the results I have achieved with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, so my skin had been breaking out for awhile, so I tried this makeup thinking that at least it wouldn't make me break out, so I wouldn't have to do any sleuthing anymore with foundations. I also thought for the price ($26) from QVC, that it had to be good quality. Er, no. It burns my skin every time I put it on, it does NOT blend well at all, and the coverage is so beyond poor. The sponge pad applicator can't be hygienic day after day either, I don't think...I blend and blend and blend with this until I feel like I'm going to lose my mind, and I still have streaks. I took a picture of myself the other day with it on, and I looked horrible, because the coverage is so bad and my face gets so irritated when I put it on. I hate it. I returned it. I'm getting my money back.