Merle Norman eyeliner brush #59948

on 12/5/2013 10:47:00 PM

My mom bought me this brush when I started wearing makeup as a young teenager and it has just finally given out after well over TEN YEARS of daily use! Nothing but a little nub is left now, lol!

I originally bought it to use with a cream liner of Merle Norman's (which they may still have IDK because I don't wear their makeup), but have used with Clinique's "Brush-on Cream Liner" for many years. I am not someone who is very experimental with lining. I just line my bottom lid with a thin point at the inside, flaring out wide the further to the outside. This brush is perfect for that sort of daily standard use. It also picks up the perfect amount of liner and distributes it well.

Value, longevity, and good daily use is what you will certainly get with this brush if it is still the same (and it looks the same anyway). I recently bought their face powder brush and have been pleased with it so far, but I have only had it a couple of weeks.

Not sure how much this matters, but I have read that natural hair brushes are better for powders, whereas synthetics are better for liquids/creams. This brush is made of natural-hair. Despite this wisdom, both of my natural-hair brushes are for use with liquids/creams and I have had great success with them, so don't let this stop you from buying this brush.

I have been debating repurchasing it, just to try something new and maybe more "fine-line" oriented, but as I write this review I am reflecting on what a great brush this has been and will probably just repurchase it! I can't even bring myself to throw the old one away, it has been too good to me!

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

For me, this is my HG brush for cream eyeliner, and even when using eyeshadow as liner, it is far superior to any other eyeliner brush that I have ever used. The bristles are stiff without being scratchy, and this brush picks up just the right amount of product without any waste. I originally purchased this a couple of years ago to use with the Merle Norman Cream eyeliners, but I now use it with my Smashbox cream eyeliners, including my favorite, "Image," You can get a much more precise line, with no "skipping" and for me, there is no other eyeliner brush, including the Smashbox brush intended for the cream eyeliners, that even comes close to delivering the effortless and precise application achieved with this brush. Great product, and it will make your makeup routine so much easier and the finished "product" so much prettier.