October 31, 2014 | 1561 users online

Scrubs - MAC - Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Sooooooooo the hype gets me again to try something that I pretty much knew wast incompatible- I recently got an ample sample and tried this for a few days. This is why I love samples you dont have to waste time and money with something that doesnt work.

If you have sensitive acne prone skin, run for the hills, this is not for you. This irritated my skin- the fragrance, the ingredients the granules. I even went to try this in the shower and didnt feel it was an amazing product. Me and Volcanic Ash Exfoliator are not friends and never will be.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by emmamaidens

Not worth the money. Too many downfalls to justify spending the money on something a drugstore product could do. The black colour is messy, strong smell, stings eyes if it gets even close to them and the sugar beads disolve very quickly which equals an overall unsatisfying scrub. I am all for natural 'beads' instead of the plastic ones now clogging waterways but this is not worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mine came in a tube, not in a tub like the picture above. I couldn't wait to try this stuff out because I love exfoliators. Since it is black, I decided to use it in the shower so it didn't make a mess all over my sink. The scrubbies are really fine and literally dissolved right after I put it on. The reason I rated it so low is because of the scent. My God. I couldn't stand to have it on my face for more than 10 seconds. It smells rancid to me. There was another MAC exfoliator called Microfine Refinisher, and was awesome but they don't make it anymore. I really loved that one. This one is crap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought into the hype surrounding this product, and unfortunately it is a dud. The product works, but its not anything special. Any DIY sugar scrubs would work the same. The volcanic ash property doesn't seem to work or do anything at all. So I equate this to a very perfumed, overhyped sugar scrub. Save your money and make one in your kitchen.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Kdefrain

Was very excited to try this product, because of all the small bumps that I had on my forehead. I really thought it would help, and I really wanted to like it. Sadly, it caused a breakout on my face every time that I used it. I would not recommend this product to anybody who has acne prone skin, seeing as it could make it worse. The only thing that I loved about this product was the color, and the smell. I used it in the morning before work and I would get whiffs of it during the day and it smelled sooooo yummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Other than the price, this exfoliator orks wonders for my skin. I have been staying away from any exfoliators with beads in them (Olay, Clean & Clear) due to the fact that they broke me out horribly. I literally looked like I was infested with hives on my cheeks after using Olay and Clean & Clear. Anyway, I would say that my skin is quite sensitive when it comes to exfoliation, and out of the few exfoliators I have come across thus far, MAC's volcanic ash has got to be my holy grail for wanting perfectly soft skin with no dry patches at all. Before using this exfoliator, my skin (esp nose, undereye, cheek areas) would always have dry patches after foundaiton application and trust me, that is a NO.
This exfoliator is gentle on my skin which is why I use it 3 times a week (Tues, Thurs & Sat). I really like the feeling of the beads dissolving. The scent is a bit odd; however, it does not bother me at all.
Overall, a really great exfoliator because it gets rid of my dry patches upon foundation application, leaves my skin extremely soft and is not rough at all. Would recommend and repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The crystals dissolve too quickly for my liking (20-30 seconds) and its far too heavily and artificially perfumed. It DOES work and its a pretty decent effective exfoliator overall. I much prefer the Rodan & Fields one I used before this though and will go back to that instead of buying more of this (though it is much, much more expensive than this product which is why I tried this one).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has become my favorite weekly facial exfoliant. (the one shown in the tube) I have skin that's more on the oily side and used to only use the St. Ives Apricot scrub. while that is a good one to i'm glad that I stumbled upon this one. I had read an article recently about the benefits of exfoliating once or twice a week and read that unfortunately some people do not realize that they can "overscrub" their skin and do more damage than good. Although I'm sure I haven't been doing so I really like how the exfoliating crystals in this melt a little while into rubbing it in your skin and how it just turns into a creamy/foaming cleanser. So it exfoliates your skin just enough but not too much. It leaves my skin feeling nice and clean with a healthy glow. No tight dry feeling and no greasiness. Just right. and I love the way it smells. I use this twice a week. The only thing I don't like about it is how messy it can be with the black dripping from your face when using it. I use it in the shower so it all goes down the drain, no big deal. But if you prefer to exfoliate at the sink you might not want to with this particular product. other than that ( and the price being on the higher side), I am very pleased with this product and would highly recommend to people with oily/combo or normal skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I need to start by saying that before purchasing this product, I had never bought a MAC skincare product. In all honesty, when I think of MAC, great skincare is not at all what comes to mind.

That being said, this product is making me change my mind...

This exfoliator is among the best I have ever tried. It works incredibly well and I'm not sure my skin has ever felt smoother after using any other exfoliator.

I have very sensitive skin that is prone to a lot of redness and acne. This product does not aggravate my skin whatsoever! This is practically unheard of for me as many skincare products are too harsh for my skin.

For the price of this product, about $38 where I live, you get 100 ml of product which is pretty generous I have to say. I also absolutely love the packaging, so shiny!

Overall, this product is a must try if you're in the market for a new/great exfoliator. I will definitely repurchase this product when I use this one up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very expensive, non-effective, pimple-provoking, pore-clogging exfoliator. Haven't had those in a while.

It's very pretty in bathroom though. I think that's why I bought it.

Please don't fall for the scam and make the same mistakes I did!