Lumiere Long Handled Kabuki

4.2

on 10/12/2011 7:00:00 AM

Well, I washed the brush for the first time, and *chunks* of bristles came out. Bad. Terrible. Awful. Worst. Not much more to say. (I uploaded a picture, check it out.) Going to stay far away from this brand forever.

on 1/17/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this brush during one of their prebuys and I am so glad I did. It's wonderful!!! It makes applying mineral makeup so easy! I've had it over a year and never had a problem with it shedding. Its very soft, but has never lost its shape. It can take a little longer drying because of the denseness of the brush, but give it 24 hours and it should be ready to go! I would definitely buy again.

on 7/30/2008 1:38:00 AM

Originally bought to be used as a blush brush. However, i found it somewhat too stiff to be able to blend properly. Density was good for less/non-pigmented blushes but i could not get past the lack of blending ability. Still wondering if it's because of the synthetic bristles or density of bristles.

Recently, decided to use it to apply my loose powder. Wow! it's smaller head compared to the kabuki makes it far easier to powder areas like undereye, nose etc. coverage looks lighter than sponge but better coverage compared to a powder brush like MAC129se or kabuki. (i usually don't use foundation)

Complaint: after the last 2 washes, i found it SHEDS! Hair was coming out from a certain part of the metal part. Have pulled out all the loose hairs to prevent them from poking me and hope it doesn't shed anymore. Nonetheless, a good powder brush

on 7/7/2008 10:52:00 PM

This brush is heavenly! It is so ridiculously soft and feels amazing on my skin. I use this for primer, foundation, and setting powders. It distributes the powder so evenly and I cannot get over how wonderfully soft it is.

Love Lumiere's brushes and have to hide them from my friends or else they try to use mine (that's one of the few things that I don't like to share!)

on 6/18/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this brush! I have over 15 Kabuki brushes and this is one of my favorites. I also have the Lumiere regular Kabuki as well as the Baby Buki Long Handle (which has a much longer handle than this Long Handled Kabuki) as well as the Long Handle Buffer. This may be my favorite. The stubby handle fits perfectly in my admittedly small hands and the head size, which is smaller than the Kabuki, is great. The other long handle kabukis like Sephora Bronzer Brush and Smashbox #19 are almost unwieldy with the thicker handles and bigger brush heads.
I have both two of these at two different times. The first one came with a clear carrying case. The second with just a cover for the head. I prefer the case the cover the entire brush. continued >>

on 5/28/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of my first brushes with Lumiere. I ordered this and the regular kabuki. I tried it and tucked it away. I recently found it again and I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I thought the reg kabuki was amazing (which it is) but this is the best. So soft and washes up like a dream! It's easier to use with the longer handle for some reason. I would most certainly recommend this to mineral makeup users everywhere! Kim's prices are very reasonable as well. I would repurchase!