September 19, 2014 | 1271 users online

Cleansers - Vaishaly Cleansing Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by loyad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

“Don’t believe the hype” should be a warning sticker on certain products. Vaishaly Cleansing Balm is one such product and unquestionably my most disappointing skincare purchase ever. This left me with post traumatic cleanser disorder!

First impressions were good. I liked the packaging and that it had a pump so no room for germ-ridden fingers (take note Eve Lom).

Vaishaly says not to use a cloth with this but it just did not rinse off easily. When a cotton pad was used to wipe skin, it clearly wasn’t clean. Had to use more cleanser and a cloth to ensure skin was clean. It left a residue on my skin. At times felt like my face had been smeared in vaseline.

Using this product was not a pleasurable experience at all more like punishment. I actually dreaded using it but due to the price felt I had to use it to the bitter end. It felt like I was smearing dirt and makeup in to my skin and sealing it all in with lard, rather than cleansing. I tried it every which way and the only way it was bearable was if I had no makeup on and the weather was warm.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by drfiona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really sorry to go against the positive reviews here, but I didn't like this product much. It gets three lippies because it was fine for my skin, no breakouts or clogged pores - but I really didn't like the texture. It felt just like Vaseline and took me AGES to scrub it off my hands, much less my face. How people manage this without a muslin cloth I can't imagine. Quite hard work for me, so I passed it on to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by sara99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product!! I went to Vaishaly's clinic for a facial and haven't looked back since. This emulsion cleanser is so gentle on my skin (and I love the scent!), it gives me a glow that no other product has ever caused! Yes...it stings if you get it in your eyes but using this product...I feel nutured and relaxed. She (Vaishaly) uses it herself, I like knowing how much care was put into its inception. I also love the packaging, you use up every single drop! Yes...it's expensive, but it is fantastic and worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by AllyABC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this at first but had to abandon the whole range when the facial wash caused a very bad reaction (congestion and very painful and unsightly cystic acne).

The packaging is very hygienic although sometimes frustrating that you can't tell how much you have left. The smell is quite nice but sometimes overpowering and you need a separate eye make up remover (as the company advises) as this stuff stings horribly if it gets near or in your eyes. A little too much beeswax for my liking too.

Good quality product but there are lots of balm style cleansers out there with equally good natural credentials and performance for a lot less money.

UPDATE - 30TH APRIL 2010 - Tried the range again after discovering it was not the facial wash which caused my terrible skin disaster - please see separate review for the Vaishaly facial wash. The balm is a bit rich for me to use regularly but works great almost as a patch treatment to soothe dry, red or inflamed skin after a breakout to return your skin to normal and remove any flaky patches. It still stings my eyes though but the company does recommend using a separate eye make up remover. Overall I'm pleased I tried it again and gave it another chance. It's very expensive but it lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for just over a week and am so far delighted with the results. It gets rid of all makeup, smells divine, and I love the fact that there are just four products in the range. After using the cleansing balm the day moisuriser or night nourisher and night moisturiser just go over the top. My face feels perfectly clean, beautifully soft, smells delightful and looks amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Potassium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must admit this it the best cleanser I have ever used.
Very nourishing and moisturising, and it removes make up so easily without rubbing too hard. I used to use Carrot Butter cleanser by The Organic Pharmacy which worked well too but removing the cleanser with muslin cloth was not always kind to my very dry skin. Vaishaly cleanser can be rinsed off with warm water so it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It is a bit expensive and all Vaishaly products are not always easy to find - you could buy it online from Vaishaly website but £5 postage for UK delivery is just too much I feel - but I would definitely try my best to repeat this product. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is now my HG cleanser. However, since I have to import this to the U.S., I end up paying a fortune; but, worth every penny. This is a dream product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product on and off for the past past two years and I always end up coming back to it. I really do love it. It lasts a long time. It smells amazing and it makes your skin feel super soft. I use it with a muslin cloth. Its alot better than any other balm type cleansers I've tried such as Eve Lom, Carrott butter cleanser and Spiezia. I like the fact its easy to remove. It does however contain beeswax which is the only thing I don't like about it. I would recommend it for anyone with dry or sensitive skin. The smell is fantastic.

This is my HG cleanser for sure! I think its a staple during cold winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by JennyBourne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The cleansing balm is simply amazing, not only for what it didn't do--aggravate my extremely sensitive skin, which breaks out at the mere mention of almost everything--but what it did do: made my pores look smaller, alleviated my rosacea, smoothed rough patches, evened out my skin tone and produced a thrilling glow. It smells and feels lovely; while I can't usually be bothered to take the time to properly apply most products, I actually enjoy the indicated massage.

The balm does not contain parabens or mineral oil. I can't recommend it too highly-- it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by JanM

This is a review for the dry/sensitive cleansing balm from Vaishaly Patel who is a top UK facialist who has recently brought out her own small range of products. There is also a wash for combination/oily skins. Now I love cleansers, and am forever experimenting with different types, especially of the balm type, unfortunately this level of experimentation does nothing for my sensitive reactive skin - but this is aimed at my type of skin so with good results from the rest of the range there was no excuse in my mind to give it a go. This is not a cheap range - this cleanser is £59 for 150mls - there are high end ingredients such as arnica, ginko and calendula, and the idea is to pump out 2-3 pumps of cleanser, massage it in adding a little water (much in the same vein as Shu/DHC oils) massage more fully and remove, Vaishaly does not advocate use of face cloths/muslins.
The texture of this balm is rather like set honey, it smells amazing and leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft. My only gripe is that it does make my eyes sting, but then even my beloved Eve Lom does that, and for the amazing results it will not put me off buying in the future. At the key to Vaishaly's philosophy is facial massage and each product comes with a comprehensive leaflet with diagrams as to how to carry this out. This is a lovely range of high end products which have lifted my troublesome sensitive skin to a level of clarity and softness which I don't think I have ever achieved, and I can wear less makeup. I am truly delighted.
*UPDATE* Sept 08 I have stopped using this product, The grassy smell of the chamomile got to me a bit too much and something in it strings my eyes too much (I am too lazy to phafff around with a separate eye makeup remover) Also in the current credit crunch it is simply too expensive.
*UPDATE* March 09 I have started to use this product again - I miss the amazing effect it has had on my skin, it is gentle, but thorough, removes makeup and blackheads, and makes my skin feel as if a new layer is gently revealed each time I use it. My skin feels brighter and fresher, but calm and comfortable. I will not give this product up for anything. Restored to a continued repurchase and 5 lippies

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No