November 24, 2014 | 1276 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Superstay Gloss in Glass Rose #160

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

The colour is brillaint. I bought it primarily to use for my upcoming wedding,so the lasting claim factor is a big one for me. However I found that this does not long for 12 hours at all! For me, it disappears after 3 hours despite following the instructions! And the residual colour left on my lips looked awfully patchy. Its not a bad product, the colour I cannot stress enough is pretty, but it is half of a let down (for me anyways).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by YouAREthefather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous rose color, slightly warm toned with little sparkles in there. It's beautiful. i couldn't love this more. If you like long wearing color, this is for you. I think this looks really great on pale-skinned girls but I think a medium skinned girl could pull it off too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kaylnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When Maybelline says superstay, they mean it! This color is great for an occasion that you don't want to keep running to the ladies room to reapply your lipstick. Weddings, First Dates, Parties, Important Events. I have to remove mine when I get home with makeup remover. I bought several shades buy my fav is # 160. The clear gloss that goes over the color is sticky at first then brings on a great shine. Good Investment !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan of the Superstay lipsticks so I totally needed to jump on the Superstay gloss bandwagon too. lol!
I am very impressed and happy with the gloss. Like all Superstay lip products the main key are to ensure your lips are in great condition with lip balm and exfoliation.
I found Glass Rose #160 to be a muted sheer pink with a slight hint of mauve on my lips. It looks great on my complexion (MAC NC15) and it subtle, but polished for daytime wear.
The coloured gloss applied well and was easy to blend before it dried. The spongy applicator brush is small enough to be precise and evenly distributed the colour. I found the gloss brush to be a little awkward during the first few uses and the gloss is quite thick and slightly gloppy, but manageable and not sticky.
The lip colour wore well for about 10 hours before starting to flake off, but the gloss I needed to reapply every 2-3 hours (in all fairness I'm constantly sipping on coffee or water through-out the day). I did notice on a few occasions where I ate greasy foods the lip colour wore off on the inside of my lips, but I was able to reapply the top coat without problems to extend the wear.
For the convenience, durability, and price I will definitely repurchase and purchase additional colours to extend my collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I realized that to make this color work you have to use a light hand with the color part and wipe down on the applicator (in the tube so you don't get excess product). I think this color would be better for spring or the warmer months. It looks really pretty in the tube like a purplish-blue pink color - This color is not quite purple enough to be raspberry and not red enough to be strawberry or cherry. Having conditioned lips BEFORE using this product is absolutely essential. This Superstay glosses don't last as long as the lipcolors IMO.
First, I apply chapstick or lip balm in the morning and go about my normal makeup routine. Then I make sure there is not excess balm on my lips - but they are still moisturized (they can't be cracked or dry). Next, I apply the color after wiping off the extra color from the wand on the inside of the tube. Apply a thin and even coat to make sure all the color is there. You really have to wait about 90 seconds for the color to dry before you even press your lips together - THEN use the gloss. If your lips start to feel dry or tight during the day, you can reapply the gloss. I found that I don't have to go overboard with the balm either - one swipe does the job. If you use too much gloss it gets REALLY goopy.

It has a slight strawberry smell - and no flavor. I would repurchase b/c this is so brainless - but I said that I wouldn't repurchase this color. Find a color you like and you don't have to worry about it ALL day. I also highly recommend using the "Superaway" remover - if you can't find it - I got mine from online. This color didn't stain my lips at all either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I thought this was a little to bright for me but the first time I wore it out to dinner a friend complemented me on it. I'm not sure I like the 2-step process application but it does stay on longer than some glosses I have. You can drink but it doesn't last past a meal. Because of the application this is not one I carry with me. It's nice but it's not one (even though I purchased two shades) that I would buy again with all the glosses on the market to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The true-to-the-tube medium pink colour is light & sheer, so it goes on smoothly. It also contains tiny shimmer particles, so the colour seems quite glossy when the top coat has worn off. As the formula is lighter then other brands it won’t dry out your lips, leaving flaky, uneven colour. After applying the colour, allow it to dry & ‘set’ for a minute, and then apply the top coat. The top coat is a thick, clear gloss. Honestly, this stuff lasts for ages, though you’ll need a top up or two as the colour outlasts it.

The only negative I have is that when the colour starts to wear of, it goes all patchy & unsightly. Also it’s marketed as a 12 hour gloss, when it lasts for half of this time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, it really lives up to its advertising. The color is a pretty pink MLBB shimmer. It glides on effortlessly, dries in about 60 seconds on me, then the gloss applies like a dream. Most top coats need reapplying many times, the gloss coat for this product is really thick with a tacky finish, helping it last for at least an hour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by julstech

Really pretty color. On your lips, the color looks like it did in the tube. I don't like these 2 layer/color tubes from any brand because you really do get less product overall. This one retails for $9.49 USD...pretty expensive for the small amount of product you get. The first layer is the color and it is applied with a l/g wand. You're supposed to let this layer dry for 2 minutes before applying the clear gloss (that's applied with a lip brush type applicator). The color layer is SUPER sticky, so much so that my lips were sticking together. I finally got annoyed and couldn't wait for the full 2 minutes. I applied the clear gloss and it ends up a little less sticky but still the stickiest gloss I've worn yet. The color holds up well for a long time though. Didn't come off on my drinking glass. I'll use this tube up but I won't repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

The color is pretty, but it comes lighter than it appears on the tube. It´s well pigmented but goes on the sheer side. It stays most of time and doesn´t peel off or look bad after hours of wearing it. The gloss is sticky. I prefer this gloss over the past superstay (i liked more the coverage of past superstay but it peeled more) because feels lighter on lips but i love the balm of the past superstay versus the sticky coat of this. Nice rosy color, not expensive, but not repurchase.