July 29, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Moringa Body Milk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

This was OK. I got a 50ml travel sized bottle in a TBS advent calendar and I'm glad I did because I don't think I would go out and buy the full sized version. The main off-putting thing for me was the scent of this - it was way too perfumed and reminded me very much of a scent my Nan used to wear when she was alive. The moisturising properties of this were OK too, but it was too watery for me and I had to be careful not to spill any when I was applying it.

Overall, even though this is far cheaper than TBS body butters (it only costs 8.00GBP for a 250ml bottle) I wouldn't choose this over the butters as they are far more moisturising, easier to use and smell much nicer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift along with the shower gel of the same scent. I was very eager to use it as it comes in a cool spray bottle akin to a body mist. The spray is high powered and dispenses a small jet of moringa scented lotion. It's texture is fluidy and is very close to milk. Lotion absorbs quickly. However, it is not recommended to spray onto hand and apply to body as lotion will absorb quickly into hands, leaving a strong scent.

The moringa scent for this is stronger than the shower gel. It is easy to spray onto areas such as legs and arms however the problems comes when I wanted to apply it onto my back and back of arms, for that I had to spray onto my hands and transfer from there. That is one of the downsides of a spray bottle. Lotion is more liquid than cream, it is lightweight as described.

I could not place the scent until my sister asked if I sprayed some jasmine scented product and that is when I realized it smells like milk jasmine or green tea. A very rich creamy scent with floral notes. The scent smells like something you will find in a spa. You need two pumps to evenly spread lotion on one arm as 1 pump hardly covers it. You may need more than two pumps for your legs and thighs. Maybe that is my personal preference though. Both my mom and sister like the smell apparently. I would have given this a higher rating as I like it very much but it is not as moisturizing as I had hoped. It does leave a nice scent on clothes and skin. I felt the price was reasonable given the price of Body Shop products.

I would not recommend this for an everyday moisturizer as it is not as hydrating as a normal lotion. My skin still has dry patches even after applying this. The scent is heavenly though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by FeenFeenFeen

LOVE this product!!

I bought this after smelling the body butter version and I love this so much better. It smells like roses, its really fresh and clean smelling. I also love the pump bottle, because its a really really runny consistency, its literally sprays out of the pump like perfume. I makes its so easy to spray on legs and arms and blend in with your hands for that fresh clean summer feeling!

I got it here in New Zealand for $30 which is fairly reasonable considering the Body Shop is a really expensive store. I have had it for about a year now and it lasts so long because its so runny you dot need very much at all.

Its a really nice scent for all ages, and my aunty used to use the body butter just around her collarbone as a perfume to work because its just strong enough to use as one and it lasts all day :) who needs a perfume when you have this moisturiser?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by 19sarah83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product!
I am usually a huge fan of TBS fruity butters, lotions, gels etc, but I had read great reviews on their website of the Moringa line. I've never owned anything that smelled floral, but I wanted to give this a try. I have dry skin and this is for normal/dry skin so also wanted to see how it moisturized.
I first bought the shower gel (with other gels) and fell in love with the scent immediately! Had to get other Moringa products. The scent in the shower gel does linger but I wanted to keep that scent on my skin so I just bought the body butter, body mist and the body milk lotion. I will use the butter for wintertime.
The body milk lotion is perfect for summer, or anytime really. I do like the spray format, the lotion itself is light, absorbs quickly and smells fantastic. It's a fresh, floral, youthful scent and has relatively good staying power. It moisturizes beautifully for my summer skin and I honestly cannot get over the smell of this lotion, it's gorgeous, I love to smell my skin all day!!
There is a fair amount of product, 250 mL (8.4 US FL OZ), so it should last me a good while, but I will definitely repurchase when I need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product would be so much better if it didn't have such a floral scent (I know, it's meant to smell that way)... but I also have the coconut version and I am starting to feel sick from that too. I say this because scent aside, this product is amazing. It is so easy to use - just spritz on and rub in gently. Absorbs almost immediately and leaves the skin smooth and supple for hours on end. Its effect can be felt several days later. I have been using this on my neck and décolletage and so far, no break-outs. Every other moisturiser I have used in this area has left me with a mass of pimples. I wish they would bring the milk formula out with a fruity or perfume type scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by telek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Moringa milk is not having the same smell as moringa shower gel. This is overpowering for me, but i just like the result after i used it. it makes my skin so soft, maybe due to silicon in its ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG this seriously smells like Couture Couture by Juicy Couture perfume!!!! Its such a sweet, floral smell with a clean-almost lemon hint. It has some awesome moringa seed-oleic acid, babassu & sesame oils that lightly moisturize, soften & smooth skin. It really does look like milk & absorbs super fast--no greasy/sticky residue left behind. Love the easy spray on application, definetly my favorite scent from TBS.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Octyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Carbomer, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Tocopherol, Yellow 5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Didn't love this at all. I was at The Body Shop browsing over body lotions and butters when I fell for the Moringa scent big time. I couldn't get over it, I thought that perfume was out of this world and I had to have it. I switched from the body butter (which I was intitially going for) to the body milk at the last minute, thinking I liked the lighter and more liquidy texture. But I was wrong; when I tried it at home it felt sticky but not really moisturizing, plus the scent wasn't even the same as the Moringa body butter that had caught my eye at the store. I guess the formula changed slightly in the transition from butter to milk and the perfume went bad as well, resembling some cheap pachuli that would attract flies like no other; quite artificial and chemical-smelling too. Tried it several more times before I gave it away, with no luck. No hydration - tacky residue. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by sonya19

Love this! The 60ml (or is it 50ml?) squirt bottle is cute for travel, and lasts a while. I wear Estee Lauder Pure White Linen every day, and find this lotion a great match for it. A keeper!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by skippygirl

My favourite body moisturizer in the TBS range. Much easier to apply then the body butter version.