December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Henley Regatta

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was reluctant to try this based in mixed reviews regarding wear, and the price. I was lucky enough to snag this for 20% off so it helped a little. The color is phenomenally gorgeous. Perfect mermaid teal glitter.

As others have mentioned, it did take 3 coats for opacity. I used OPI base and top coats as it's all that I have. It went on very smooth and application was easy. When it dried, I was surprised it dried to a more matte finish with some texture vs super glossy, but that's of no issue to me.

So far, day 3 and no chipping. I've had my hands in water a lot over the last few days as well with cooking/dishes and it appears to be wearing just like OPI does on me.

Overall, I'm very pleased and would try another Butter London glitter polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Anoia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely teal glitter. This and Disco Biscuit are my favorite polishes from BL. As a base I use either Essie Dive Bar or Essence Choose Me (dupe to OPI Catch me in your net).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Henley Regatta is a beautiful teal-green microglitter but it takes 4 coats for opacity. I know that other BL glitters don't require so many coats (Rosie Lee comes to mind). I only give it 3 lippies because it shouldn't require so much work, but the color & results are so pretty that I'd definitely buy it again. The color is amazing- another winner from Butter London!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sh0cking

A nice teal & green microglitter, and a great polish to layer over another. On its own, takes 3 coats to make it opaque. Out of all the glitter polishes of Butter London that I have tried (No More Waity, Katie and The Black Knight - both TERRIBLE, as much as I wanted to love them) this was the easiest to apply. Worth $14? Probably not, unless you really love glitter polish :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by cmalone29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really really wanted to like this nail polish.
The first time I used this I used no base color so it took FOUR coats to get an opaque glitter, and it chipped horribly by the next day!
Next time I painted my nails with this I used essie aruba blue underneath and HR as a glitter top coat, and it still chipped like crazy!!!
For $14 this polish should be nothing but amazing, but it is one of the worst polishes I own, it chips like crazy and is sheer.
This is definately going back to ulta!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a really lovely sheer teal micro glitter polish. I love putting it over color to add a little sparkly. It looks good over black crackle! I did do a bunch of coats to make it opaque and it looked amazing! But after a full day of wearing it it came off in a full sheet just off my nail. I couldn't belive it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by redtigerwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Full Size Image

I love this polish, it's fabulous layered over a dark base. It applies easily, wears really well--this is my favorite glitter in my collection right now, and I'm a huge BL fan.
As a sidenote, I also use Hardware Topcoat, by BL. In this shot it's layered over NARS Night Porter. I hope BL keeps producing Henley Regatta, it has made me adore tealy blue. I also am wearing it over BL Bluey, and it truly looks great. It's a homerun for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by HollyBee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, this is a really pretty color but the application was a nightmare. If you want it opaque its gonna be a 4 or 5 coater. I just can't get on board with BL. I have Henley Regatta and British Racing Green, both are pretty colors but the application with both were horrible for me and I'm not a fan of the brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Butter London purchase, and I wish I had gone with a solid color rather than a glitter. But, as a glitter, Henley Regatta is superb. The particles are fine and dry fairly smooth, and the teal shade is beautiful alone (after 3 or 4 coats) or layered. The formula is excellent, and my only complaint is that it's not terribly unique. I think you can do as well or only a little worse for much less, but as a whole, I'm impressed with Butter London.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by twistygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

to call this color stunning is not doing it justice. I have fallen in love with Butter London polishes to the point where I don't want to use any other brands. The lack of "polish odor" is a huge bonus, but the fact is that the colors and application are just exquisite, especially if you use the BL base and top coats. This is VERY sheer when first applying- it's definitely a three or even four coater, but it is amazingly beautiful with a definite but tasteful shimmer. More turquoise than blue or green, and like all BL polishes, it dries fast. Pricey but OH so worth it. I can't stop staring at my nails when I wear this!