October 25, 2014 | 1024 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Text Message

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sbenoit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is defintely made for warm skin tones. It goes well with my complexion. I would definitely recommend this for warmer skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My EM foundation is Golden medium tan, no olive. Anywho. For me text message is like rose muave with a tad of brown. I absolutely love it. It gives u that flushed look. And overall it's looks like a sophisticated blush. By that I mean, that it doesn't have any sparkles, and just the taddest bit of sheen so it doesn't look to fake matte. It's def for medium and up. U can be daring and get it if ur less than medium, but u'd have to use it super sparingly, b/c i use it sparingly so it wouldnt look like i had too much. hope this helps. =D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this shade as a sample based on the colour description on EDM website. When I received the samples, just by looking at the jar, it looked very plain and too dark for me, so it didnt interest me in trying it out. But I used the blush yesterday and yep, it is WAY too dark for me (I'm light-med, yellow undertones). It looks like I put dirt on my face cos the shade is a cross between red-brown, not very flattering. As others have said, even when applied light handed, its still dark and muddy on my cheeks.
However, its very pigmented and very smooth. The staying power is great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush is way to dark for me. I wear Golden Medium or Light Olive. I can't even apply it with a light hand; like I said it's just too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by joyce21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to give this blush a little more credit than what its currently getting. It's got a pretty good mix of warm brown, and I mean brown not orange, with rustic red. Together, this shade is like a bronzer and blush, 2 in 1. The "shimmer" gives a dewy look. Overall its pretty warm colour and its very buildable and great for everyday. I came back from Mexico and wanted to maintain the colour of my amazing tan. Its over a month and half now and people are still saying "wow you're still pretty tanned... when did you go for your trip?" haha... anyway, the colour is great. Normally I wear a bronzer to darken my fair complexion plus a bit of blush for rosy color - but this replaced both of it so i've chucked those away. I'm NC-25-30.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LAMaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't like this color at all! It ended up looking too brownish/orange for my skin... not good. A little to dark for me too. I still love this mineral makeup and will keep looking for my ideal color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Like all EM products, wonderful as far as blendability, long lasting wear. It is VERY dark and seems to be much more orangy than the description on EM's website = 1 lippie off. I think it would be great for more medium/olive skin tones - me being very fair, blond = YUK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Everyday Minerals website describes this one as : "is a surpisingly lovely pearl with an earthy russet-brown shade, that this wonderful for everyday". I wear a combo of EM Winged Butter and Golden Medium (Olive) foundation in matte or sometimes the intensive formula, and this blush is surprisingly dark. I would say at a minimum you need to be medium-complected (and up!) to wear this successfully. It goes on even darker than the powder looks on the lid of the pot, so use it very sparingly at first and then build it if you need to. I did not need to build it as it was quite dark and I had to blend it a lot in order to get it to look even. A brick-russet color with surprising cool-plum tones to it. I did notice a little shimmer but nothing drastic. I found that for darker toned MMU blushes I fare better with a big fluffy brush instead of something like BE Soft Focus Face brush which is nice for lighter blushes. I like it on, but it takes some work.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No