September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Skincare - Body - NADS - Hair Removal Strips

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by nostalgia496

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This wasn't the best waxing product I've used, but not the worst either. I only used this for my legs and the first use was good, it took off most of the hairs but when I went back again to get rid of some of the more stubborn hairs, it was harder than I had anticipated - I had to use about half the box to get all the hairs gone. I also found that I was allergic to the wipes so I had to use a damp washcloth and then aloe gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is terrible! After applying several times it only pulled a few hairs out and I followed the directions to the T! So mad that I spent almost 7$ on a product that I can't even use!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by jlifeaddict

I have used waxes before, and different brands as well, but when I went out to buy this product, it left me with itchy red bumps/rashes all over my legs. I thought it was just a minor reaction and tried to use it again after a few months. Same thing happened. Terrible experience!

I have had no trouble with any other waxes, I have recently bought the Nair one and it works well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

The box i got was smaller... it came with 20strips i think and i got it at walmart for under $6. I think this wax is OK. It did a great job removing my arm hairs (I have very fine hairs on my arms but i like them to be hairless :)). However, it only did a mediocre job on removing my leg hair. It probably only removed like 1/3 of my total leg hair. The hair on my legs aren't that coarse but this wax did a poor job in removing them. Not sure if i would repurchase this... I might just stick with the Veet strips instead since they are cheaper and work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

one word: AMAZING. I am an entire body waxer. I spend a bloody fortune (and no, I'm not english- you can sub whatever word you want for bloody) each month on waxing.

My bottom legs, pits, and brows, grow sickeningly fast, thus making its a necessity to get it done every two weeks in those areas. Not waxing is not an option for me, as I get that "5 o'clock" shadow on my pits and legs, and I also feel dirty with any body hair on my body.

But I digress. I picked these suckers up on a whim- I was actually gunning for the bliss waxing set, based on the reviews on this board and almost didn't get these strips, based on the board.

I used them just last night. I did what the directions said, placed them on one arm pit- and at first try took almost ever single hair off, cleanly. My other arm took a bit more work and some plucking, because the hair grew in three different directions.

I'll admit my hair is a bit sparser due to the frequent waxing, but these actually work, and work well. Run down to walmart, cvs, and a host of other places to get these!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Shmoolee

What a horrid product, there were so many things wrong with it. I will say that the flexibility is very good but, the wax seems to stick on one side, no matter how much you warmed them up. Let's just say I even put it in the microwave for a good 30 sec. And the wax still stood on one side! When I finally got both sides off and put the wax on my legs, I followed the directions step by step. I was quick enough to take it off but I was left with the fabric in my hand staring down helplessly at the now stuck and dried wax on my leg. It truly was the most absurd thing I've seen while waxing. The one reason I brought this product was because I had used their facial strips, and they worked wonderfully. Plus with my skin razors aren't an option. But of course curiosity grew and I wanted to give the other products a go...which was probably the worst and most painful mistake I have done. The soothing and finishing wipes left my skin irritated, so if you have sensitive skin don't use those wipes. Never again would I buy these wax strips!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by deutsch100

Awful product. I normally use a wax warmer and muslin strips to wax my legs. It is messy and somewhat time consuming, but I get like 99% of the hair removed the 1st time.
I saw these Nads strips at Target on sale, saw they were some Australian product "winner", they were not expensive...so I bought them.
I used them last night. They maybe removed 60-75% of my leg hair. My hair was ready to be waxed too, as it had been a full month since my last wax. These strips stick together, smell very odd, break hair at the root and my legs were left red, blotchy and spotty hair everywhere.
Really, really wish I had just used my wax warmer and muslin strips like I normally do. Now I have to wait a month, with a really bad wax job. Bummer!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lalaleonnax

This is such a buzz kill product. I needed an alternative to shaving because hair was growing thicker on my underarms. I read the instructions and rubbed the strips and split them carefully.. next thing I know is that there is goopy was all over ! NO hair was removed at all, and the hairs on my underarms are not that thick anyways. I really would like to try the sally hansen microwavable formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by shellyec

I really liked these strips. I've only ever used Parissa strips and these were better at hair removal, in my opinion. I'm sorry I waited so long to try them. The bikini was a breeze. And I only used 3 double-sided strips. Nad's fabric-like strips are more flexible than Parissa's plastic strips. I was also able to use the same strip a few times with decent results.

I took one point off the overall rating because I had some trouble with my armpits because it didn't remove as much hair as I would have liked. Then again, it was the first time I've ever tried waxing my armpits. Maybe with practice, Nad's will do it all.

ETA: I think you have to get a fresh box to get good results. I tried to use strips I had for a while and they were absolutely worthless. Perhaps they should have an expiration date.