December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by winnster

I first heard about these lipsticks from cl2425 on youtube; she said they were very good especially for the price. I thought that I would like it just as much as her, so I went out and bought one. Good thing i didn't fall into temptation and buy more!

The formula is soooo buttery smooth. Unfortunately its so smooth that it settles immediately into lip lines/wrinkles and bleeds like no other. It feels like you're applying a stick of butter that's melting off your lips. In other words, it looks awful on my lips. AWFUL

The colour looks nice when applied sparingly. If you swipe the bullet on your lips, you get this nasty brown-brick-orange-pink that doesnt really compliment my skintone (Asian, light-medium, nc25-30).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mangobun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A streaky, sheer color that smells like dish soap. I bought this as a newbie and didn't realize that all the pictures taken of this lipstick show how streaky and "milky" it is. The lighter colors of the lipstick settle in the creases of your lips and because of the slippery texture, it's impossible to layer. The texture is difficult to work with and is almost waxy, but not moisturizing or thin like a lip balm.

The soap smell and taste is awful. I was going to try layering it with another lipstick, but the scent was just bad. I considered giving it away, but couldn't inflict such a bad lipstick on anyone. Apparently, the scent only occurs in some lipstick batches, but is common enough for many other reviewers to mention it. I got one of the newer lipsticks that had a seal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you love your pinky nudes, then this is for you! It's always hard to find that "perfect nude" that doesn't wash you out- and now I've finally found one. I fell in love with this color the first time I swatched it and love wearing it when I'm going for a more "natural" look if I only have time for a little mascara and lippy! I pair it with the NYX butter gloss in fortune cookie when I want it to be more on the nude side vs the pink side. As for people saying it's too "streaky"...I've never had a problem with this, and it doesn't dry out my lips (which are usually chapped) so this is a great product in my eyes. I think putting a lipgloss on top might help if you seem to have that problem. So long story short, I definitely would recommend this shade!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first NYX lipstick purchase and I was highly disappointed in the color inconsistency. Granted I know things can look very different online but when I was actually in Ulta and grabbed the last two pumpkin pie lipsticks, both were two totally different colors and one of the tubes the lipstick was crushed! I ended it buying the tube that was not damaged. Upon application the color was extremely streaky and applied like a lip butter. It lasted just about as long and was a bit dying to my lips. I wasn't too big on the color either. Its a peachy nude with too much yellow tones for my sink tone. It's often troubling trying to find the perfect nude with a deep skin tone so I'm back to square one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a great natural shade for my fair-medium, yellow undertoned skin, but it's very streaky and makes application a little annoying. There is a soapy fragrance but it doesn't really bother me! Not a bad deal for $4 at ULTA but would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this product is just average. This one tricked me - one of those ones where after a couple of uses, the 'non shimmer' layer is broken through and then behold - shimmer - bummer... but that's not a 'design fault' and some people love shimmer obviously so it is not the reason I don't rate this product highly. The shade of colour is definitely beatiful but the formula was not so beautiful - it streaked terribly on me.
The worst thing for me on this product though is the smell and taste - soap! It's like licking an actual bar of soap, boo!
That being said, I love NYX products and this does not deter me from buying their other products at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SHADE DESCRIPTION: true peach

PROS

- pigmented
- creamy
- not drying (not moisturizing either)

CONS

- can melt easily

COMMENTS: This is a true peach shade, so it's the perfect neutral. The formula is no different from the others in this line - very creamy, however this one doesn't make my lips feel dry.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

I'm an NC30 with very obvious yellow undertones and I absolutely adore this shade! It just such a gorgeous nude! Great for an everyday lipstick shade for work to a night out for a special occasion! Its really creamy which is probably why this lipstick is not very long wearing.. but for the colour I'll take it! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by FroYoAndFridays

Can we PLEASE take a moment to appreciate the sheer BEAUTY of this shade?

I like Nudes, Light Pinks, and anything in between and this is just OH MY ANGELS~ BEAUTIFUL

The texture is so beautifully smooth and creamy, it does not dry out my lips AT ALL which is amazing of course!

RECOMMEND? Of course! If you like the same colour range as I do! I am an NC20 and it works well on me, no harm trying if you are the same shade as me, Given the price (EVEN IN SINGAPORE!!!!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A wonderful peachy pink apricot nude with a slight rosy toned shimmer. Similar in tone to Rimmels Nude delight with a touch more corally brightness but still a true nude. You need to wear a nude lipliner with this for the full effect. It also applies rather streaky so needs work for a smooth application - unforutnately I have developed a bad rash all over my mouth from this shade the other nyx lipsticks are ok but this burns and stings so not a goer for me I am afraid.