September 30, 2014 | 2033 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by thegorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail setting powder. I have very oily skin & I work in fast food, so I definitely need a setting powder! It matifies without caking & lasts longer than all others I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by XFactorGlory

Best loose powder I have ever used. Sets my foundation perfectly and makes my skin look fabulous. Never looks cakey or powdery. I use a kabuki brush to press it into the skin and I can't get enough of it, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this...nice and light over my sunscreen/concealer combo. Just the right amount of smoothing without looking cakey or powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my Holy Grail setting powder. I use transculent and it doesn't add any caking when I apply it with a soft brush, sponge or powder puff. Excellent stuff, makes my foundation last all day and it looks amazing. I'm on my third one and I will continue to repurchase!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loreal Translucide was the only powder that didn't make my face break out, didn't sparkle, and had a nice finish. It was discontinued and I had a hard time finding a replacement, but I did find one! Yay.

First I tried Revlon aqua that felt wet, another Revlon colorstay that had a ton of sparkle, I've tried Makeup forever high definition powder that made me whiter than ever. It's really white. Mac and Clinique make my face breakout. Shisheido sometimes makes my face break out around the chin.

Finally I called Loreal and they told me about Hydra Perfecte loose powder which is available at Walmart, since we don't have Walmart here in San Francisco I ordered online. I'm very happy, ingredients are almost the same. No breakouts, looks great, works great. I suspect that the higher end powders might be more finely milled, so maybe that's why they make my face break out? I really don't know, have no idea, just my guess. I know Clinique is supposed to not make your face break out, but it just doesn't work for me. I use translucent, no color, or the palest one, for my skin tone.

I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue Hydra Perfecte now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a great loose powder! Looks very natural on skin. Even after touch-ups throughout the day it never looks cakey or heavy. I have combo skin, and it manages to keep my oily t-zone softly matte, while keeping my drier cheeks looking smooth and healthy. Makes my skin look softened and "blurred", without looking like I have powder on. Very nice!

I apply this with a big fluffy powder brush (i don't like the puff that comes with it), and the finish is so pretty and lasts a good long time before I need a touch-up on my t-zone. I wear this with primer and L'oreal Visible Lift, Line Minimizing & Tone enhancing Makeup for Normal to Dry skin. The finish is beautiful! Love it!

I have spent lots of $$$ on expensive loose powders in my life .... Lancome, Estee Lauder, La Mer ...... And this L'oreal loose powder is just as good as all of them! It's a fraction of the price and just as beautiful, if not more so, than those expensive brands. I really like this powder and will purchase again.

I have it in color 916 - Translucent. I like it a lot! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

just your average setting powder, does not give any coverage and can look cakey if too much applied. i like it but i perfer using other powders.its an alright powder. it doesnt soak up oil like a matifying powder would.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by NitaLee

My sister tries just about every new loose powder that comes on the market and I always try them when she gets bored of them. Usually, they all seem the same and lack any special qualities, but this product is great!
I have very oily skin with fairly rosy cheeks. I have a hard time finding a powder that covers my redness without getting cakey looking with my oil. This power made it look like I really wasn't wearing any makeup and controlled shine. A+ loose powder, for a decent price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Warriorlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mother recommended that I try this loose powder over the summer, because I wasn't having any luck with the other powders I had been using. I needed something that wouldn't make the acne I had at the time worse, and not only long lasting on my face but also a long lasting product in general. I can definitely say that this is a great product! It doesn't break me out (my skin is actually acne free now), I don't have to use too much, and it makes me feel like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. However, from reading other reviews on this product I've noticed that the results you get really depend on what kind of foundation you're using underneath it. If you want the best results with this power you should apply a primer, then the foundation, and then the powder. It will blend better so it doesn't gather in certain spots on your face over time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am SHOCKED and in AWE of how great this is....

I have been wasting my money on EL Lucidity Transluscent Loose powder. FOOL..( Knock on forehead.) FOOL... Don't get me wrong. Lucidity is pretty nice. Smooth, soft and even gives off a sublte shimmer that helps reflect light to make my skin even prettier.
However at $36 per little box it is too much.

My new HG loose powder is Hydra Perfecte!
On a whim..while at Target I bought the Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder by L'Oreal. I love it! I have only used this only a short time. I think I am in love with the way it softens my skin without giving me the old lady powder look. It is gentle and a tiny bit goes a long way. I use this over Clarins Extra Firming foundation. Just a gentle sweep of giant powder brush keeps my makeup looking pretty. It is not dusty but soft looking. It keeps my foundation perfect. Seriously. I have not had this before so I guess i did not know a powder could really do this. And it shoud do this, it should.

The texture is the softest of powders I have ever felt. I am using the lightest color 917 but it is actually a bit darker than what I am used too. No worries it works and looks perfect. The powder lasts... I have a tiny fear this could cause break outs. And won't hesitate to change my rating if this is the case. So far so good. I am still not sure why it is called Hydra. Does it hydrate? I doubt it.

Will I buy this again? You bet. As longs as it does not break me out and continues to match my skin I am keeping this in stock.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No