L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder

3.9

on 6/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I came across this powder at walmart at the bottom of the loreal section, I was on the hunt for a loose powder because I was sick of my cakey heavy pressed powders. This is a really interesting product because of its name "hydra" its marketed as a soft non drying powder. So the finish is satiny and luminous, its super lightweight and does not leave your face cakey even when layering it on top of foundation. BUT what shocked me is this provided me with awesome oil control! Ive noticed alot of oil controlling powders start looking cakey as the day goes on and my oils mix with the product. But this powder doesnt look cakey by the end of the day, it just looks super dewy. This isnt the best oil controlling powder on the market but it wears well as the day goes on and keeps my face fresh looking.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Holy crap I LOVE this powder!! I bought this product to be used temporary while running out of my Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder that I've been using for years. To be honest, I didn't even expect much from it since I've never heard many people rave about it and it has only a few reviews on this site.

I have tried many setting powders - both Hi-ends and drugstores but couldn't find one that has better oil controlling property than Laura Mercier. I ran out of Laura Mercier but didn't wanna spend $37 (+tax) so I was searching for a drugstore setting powder to use temporarily while deciding if I should continue spending money on Laura Mercier. Came across this powder at Walmart and decided to give it a try...why not?, only $8 compare to $37 and I can always return it if I don't like it.

I have been using it everyday for over 3 months now and I am AMAZED at how good this powder is. I can even say that the quality of this product is as good as Laura Mercier, seriously, I don't see any differences at all. This product has a nice durable packaging, good amount of product for the price (0.5 oz / 14.1 grams), several shades to choose from (Translucent / Light / Medium / Deep), It doesn't change the color of my foundation, photographs well - no white cast, finely milled, feels light on skin, set foundation in place, gives smooth satin finish, and the best thing is its oil controlling property is AMAZING and way beyond my expectation. It's keeping my face matte for at least 7 hours, I only get "very slightly oily" after 8 hours.....Wow! :)

This is my new HOLY GRAIL setting powder, it can definitely replace it for Laura Mercier. L'oreal is doing a very good job on this product....Very very impressed :)

on 2/17/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love everything about this powder, and smells so delicate and fresh, always use it for setting my foundation .and the price is great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail setting powder. I have very oily skin & I work in fast food, so I definitely need a setting powder! It matifies without caking & lasts longer than all others I've tried.

Best loose powder I have ever used. Sets my foundation perfectly and makes my skin look fabulous. Never looks cakey or powdery. I use a kabuki brush to press it into the skin and I can't get enough of it, I love it!

on 5/17/2014 2:20:00 PM

Love this...nice and light over my sunscreen/concealer combo. Just the right amount of smoothing without looking cakey or powdery.

on 4/11/2014 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my Holy Grail setting powder. I use transculent and it doesn't add any caking when I apply it with a soft brush, sponge or powder puff. Excellent stuff, makes my foundation last all day and it looks amazing. I'm on my third one and I will continue to repurchase!! :)

on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM

Loreal Translucide was the only powder that didn't make my face break out, didn't sparkle, and had a nice finish. It was discontinued and I had a hard time finding a replacement, but I did find one! Yay.

First I tried Revlon aqua that felt wet, another Revlon colorstay that had a ton of sparkle, I've tried Makeup forever high definition powder that made me whiter than ever. It's really white. Mac and Clinique make my face breakout. Shisheido sometimes makes my face break out around the chin.

Finally I called Loreal and they told me about Hydra Perfecte loose powder which is available at Walmart, since we don't have Walmart here in San Francisco I ordered online. I'm very happy, ingredients are almost the same. No breakouts, looks great, works great. I suspect that the higher end powders might be more finely milled, so maybe that's why they make my face break out? I really don't know, have no idea, just my guess. I know Clinique is supposed to not make your face break out, but it just doesn't work for me. I use translucent, no color, or the palest one, for my skin tone.

I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue Hydra Perfecte now!

on 10/25/2013 6:47:00 PM

This is a great loose powder! Looks very natural on skin. Even after touch-ups throughout the day it never looks cakey or heavy. I have combo skin, and it manages to keep my oily t-zone softly matte, while keeping my drier cheeks looking smooth and healthy. Makes my skin look softened and "blurred", without looking like I have powder on. Very nice!

I apply this with a big fluffy powder brush (i don't like the puff that comes with it), and the finish is so pretty and lasts a good long time before I need a touch-up on my t-zone. I wear this with primer and L'oreal Visible Lift, Line Minimizing & Tone enhancing Makeup for Normal to Dry skin. The finish is beautiful! Love it!

I have spent lots of $$$ on expensive loose powders in my life .... Lancome, Estee Lauder, La Mer ...... And this L'oreal loose powder is just as good as all of them! It's a fraction of the price and just as beautiful, if not more so, than those expensive brands. I really like this powder and will purchase again.

I have it in color 916 - Translucent. I like it a lot! :)

on 8/1/2013 6:26:00 PM

just your average setting powder, does not give any coverage and can look cakey if too much applied. i like it but i perfer using other powders.its an alright powder. it doesnt soak up oil like a matifying powder would.