October 21, 2014 | 1807 users online

Palettes - Lancome - Brazilian Earth Colors by Daria - Carnet de Velours

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved how this palette lets me play around with either a smokey eye or a natural eye depending on my use of the darkest shadow. The quad includes four shadows: a dark matte charcoal brown, a matte buttercream yellow, a shimmering light tan and a medium matte brown. I like the consistency of the shadows, which is really smooth and blendable, and the staying power which even without primer is very long lasting. The packaging is very pretty, with a faux suede cover and a mirror and brush included. I do like this quad very much because the colors flatter my skin so well, but when it gets discontinued I don't think it will be hard to replicate a similar palette at a MAC pro store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Lancome's Color Design Eye Shadow Quad in Brazilian Earth Colors aka Carnet de Velours by Daria was kind of a let-down. The promo pic on display at my Sephora made it look like a black, deep shimmery taupe, medium brown, and a nude. To my surprise, the tester contained matte eyeshadows in buttery yellow, medium brown, sooty brown, and nude. Although I could see sparkles in the tester, these shadows were matte. The buttery yellow comes out cream and the medium brown looks like an ordinary brow powder. The good colors were the sooty brown (pretty much identical to deep brown in Chanel Dunes quad) and the nude (which actually comes out an orangey tan - good for contour). The matte eyeshadows and coordinating beige lip colors make this overall collection retro Raquel Welch beach babe. Proceeds benefit a charity, which is AWESOME, but I wish something in this eyeshadow palette had shimmer to make it versatle for day or night.