December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - TruConceal concealer [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl recommends http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=3414/Invisible-Concealer/Cover-Girl/Concealers as a replacement

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason I really really like this concealer but then again, everyone has different needs and wants. I loved this concealer because it had super light coverage but it cover enough to make my skin seem nearly perfect. I don't think people who are looking for super full coverage concealers should buy this but if you are starting out with makeup and want something super light and natural, I really like this one. I do think the color selection is super limited and during the winter this gets to dark for my skin. I wish that this concealer was modified to a foundation because I think it would be amazing for a light coverage foundation. Overall, I like this concealer a lot but it's not the first thing I reach for, but it for sure does the job if I just need to cover some redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shit stung my skin and it was so dark I got in the lightest shade I could find and it was still to dark on me skin and I'm not even pale I'm glad I only paid 1.37 for this crap

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Literally, THE WORST concealer EVER and believe me, this doesn't live up the name of a concealer. I looked at the ingredient list and I discovered that some of the ingredients in this concealer can result pores to be clogged and irritate some skin type, here are two examples:

*Isopropyl Palmitate (Third ingredient of the list): Is a wax- like clear odourless liquid that is meant to perform as a lubricant on the surface of skin, to give off a smooth, even appearance to your face. However, the ingredient is quite comedogenic, which can clog pores and may cause irritate to skin, depending on the skin type. It can be found in some facial and body moisturisers.

*Talc: (Fourth ingredient of the list): Is a common ingredient found in makeup and also a comedogenic ingredient, since it is fine enough to settle into our pores. Talc is is powdered hydrous magnesium silicate that acts like an oil and moisture absorbent to the skin, to help control excess shine or oiliness to the face. Talc can be found in most face makeup and baby powder.

Why I bought this and my experience with it:
I'm usually a very cautious cosmetic consumer, I wouldn't buy any makeup/hair/body/skincare product without researching about it or reading through review on MUA on it. However, I only bought this in an act of desperation as it was on my school photo day, that a big pimple decide to show up on my face and the area around my nose and mouth was redness. So I quickly picked up this from my local supermarket. Once I got to school, I quickly went into girl's bathroom and pop this stuff on my face. FAR OUT, my nose was pink like I've had a bad cold and the concealer was not even concealer the redness and appearance of my pimple, instead it was enhancing the redness and irritating it. I didn't have any pressed or loose powder with me, so I have to suck it up and go on the day with that disgusting pink colour grease on my face. To think bad, I rather went and took my picture with concealer than with it. After school finish and I got home, I immediately washed that junk off my face and the next day, my pimple seemed to grow to bit more and some unexpected pimples appeared about my existing pimple. Eww, and you guessed it, the culprit was Cover Girl TruConceal concealer. I usually HATE any face makeup with any pink undertone to it, because it just really enhance my redness and pimples. I'm an NC20 on average days and TruConceal only came out with two shade that was available at my local supermarket. TruConceal #1 was a pink based concealer. TruConceal #2 was a salmon flesh colour shade with slight pink undertone. It would work for NC15-20 skin, IF like anyone would ever buy this.

Longevity:
Since this concealer is most oil based, without any setting sprays, primers or powders, it will just slide everywhere around your face and if you have dry skin, it will settle into fine lines. On my oily/combination/blemish-prone skin, it only lasted 1 hours. Not sexy!

Fragrance:
Another those typical cheap cosmetic scent, nothing special :/

Ingredients:
WATER/EAU, MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, STEARIC ACID, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, TRISODIUM EDTA, XANTHAN GUM, PROPYLPARABEN, CETYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES MAY CONTAIN: ULTRAMARINES.

Repurchase: HELL NO, CoverGirl please get this concealer off our selves!
Price: AUD$13.50

Hope you enjoyed my long review :)
Covergirl website: http://www.covergirl.com/
Makeup ingredient checker: http://cosmeticsinfo.org/index.php

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ersybar7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst concealer I've tried yet!! Don't buy it! It doesn't cover anything, in fact it would just kind of somehow build itself around or directly in the corner of my blemishes, but never on the actual zit. So bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by gagaglam03

Not a good concealer, in fact it made the crinkles under my eyes look worse! It didn't even have my color. The only colors they had were too light and too dark. I kinda feel offended as if my skin color isn't good enough to be made a cover girl color for any of their skin products! There is no true olive color for any cover girl Concealers, foundations, or primers...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i have dark circles under my eyes that runs in my family, and am also anemic. I hated this product so much, it was a waste of money. the coverage for the first hour was awesome, then i noticed it started to peel, flake away, and made my eyes look all wrinkley and creasy. It made them look more horrible, than not wearing any concealer at all. won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by tampants

I like this concealer, I've bought and used 2 tubes up now and still have no complaints. It's easy to blend and never made me break out. The packaging sucks but I don't think that's a big deal. I use it under a powder foundation and I find it covers up my acne scars quite well. It doesn't last all the way through an 8 hour shift at work, but comes close. I'd say it can last through 7 hours before it starts to fade and my scars show a bit.
Overall, I liked it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I thought this product was great for covering up blemishes, but it just made me break out. Not a good concealer and the coverage is okay, but at the end of the day my skin was dry and flaky. Worst nightmare! Won't purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

why the bad reviews?
i use this concealer alot and it gives me full coverage and even sometimes i use this just by its self , the only problem it kinda burns when i apply it on my cheek bone area

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Lebgirl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst concealer I've ever used. Maybe it's because I usually buy high end makeup, but this concealer is basically clear! It covers nothing. I even tried to cover a blemish with multiple layers of it. But it doesn't cover in the least bit. This shouldn't even be called a concealer. It was less expensive than the high end concealers but totally not worth it because it doesn't conceal! Waste of money. Don't bother.