Kat Von D Ludwig Palette

4.5

on 6/8/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ludwig is one of the oldest KVD palettes and also the palette I've owned the longest. It was a Christmas gift when I was in college and I've been using it ever since; I have brown hair and eyes and pale neutral skin so this was the perfect palette for me. The browns and coppers on the left are very warm, and the darkest brown is matte. The textures for the shadows for the most part are buttery and smooth, but the matte black all the way on the left cracked in my palette just during normal storage, which I've never had happen in a palette. Other than the dry black matte, which still works fine, this palette has everything you need for brown and green natural looks.

on 11/5/2013 9:49:00 AM

After Saint, this is my second favorite Kat Von D eyeshadow palette of the ones that I have. The colors are beautifully pigmented and wear really, really well. They last the whole workday without creasing or fading and with just a quick touch-up at lunchtime they can last into the evening. All the colors are gorgeous and look great together and the black is an intense matte that can deepen any of the other colors. I do have to be careful when applying the black to tap my brush because it seems to pick up a lot of extra color and cause fallout under my eyes which is hard to get rid of. Overall it's a beautiful palette and you get a ton of product for the price.

It's an okay palette. The colors could be more pigmented.

I can not tell you how much I LOVE this palette!!! The colors are very pigmented, they last a long time, and all the colors in the palette just go together so well! And depending on which kind of primer you use, you can create totally different looks, be it a subtle natural look, or a dark smoky eye. I typically use Kat Von D's eye primer in the color "smoky" to create darker, sexier and of course smokier eyeshadow looks. But if I want to look more natural then I use a white primer and the eyeshadow looks totally different! In a good way of course. The price is totally worth it for the quality you get as well. This is a must-have for anyone who enjoys wearing makeup!

on 5/23/2013 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I prefer UD naked anyday, the shadows are too powdery and cheap, the palette looks lovely with the tattoo etching but just isn't for me

on 4/8/2012 4:58:00 AM

I got this lovely gem in a swap. Good thing, since its retail price is rather expensive... but the eyeshadow quality, color selection, and packaging quality are impeccable.

One thing I seek in palettes, considering being on the go quite often, is a good blend of shimmer and matte eyeshadows in addition to wearable shades. This palette is excellent! It has highly pigmented colors that are soft to the touch and easy to apply. The two darker shades on either side (black on brown) are a little stiffer, which is good since it's easier to control their application. They're also matte, which helps create depth and contrast.

However, these are common shades in drugstore eyeshadow palettes so unless you love the stellar, highly durable packaging, the included mirror and the applicator, there's nothing else absolutely extraordinary about the color selection. Wet n Wild's Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone is very similar, for a fraction of the price.

If you can get this palette for lower than its recommended price, I highly recommend it! But otherwise you might as well stick to drugstore eyeshadows if you just want the colors, since these are common colors.

on 3/3/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this palette for over a year and have used it for a few different everyday and smokey looks and overall it's been great. The right side (gold colors) are super pigmented, easy to blend, and look really beautiful together. I am not quite as impressed with the green side, the colors just don't look as rich and don't seem quite as pigmented.
There's a good combination of shimmery and matte colors, the shimmery colors are more smooth and pigmented than the matte and they're not too shimmery.
The shadows don't tend to fade or crease for me even without primer, though I'd still recommend using it to get the best out of the shadows. There is some fallout on both sides, but I have noticed it being worse on the green colors, so make sure to tap off your brush before applying.
The two included brushes are way too small to be of any real use, though I have used them in a pinch to line my lower lid.
Overall, I'm impressed. I'd definitely buy the palette again and it's not overly expensive for the amount and quality of product.

on 2/19/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Totally amazing! The colors are fabulously gold, and yet very nuetral. The greens are a bit uninteresting and flat, you have to pack quite a bit of product on to get them to show up, but not so with the golds. Absolutely a perfect palette, minimal shimmer, which I prefer, and a perfect natural eye. Much better than the Saint palette in all honesty.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was my everyday palette as I love greens and golds. I even kept it in my purse until the green pan cracked and gave everything a green shimmer. :( Anyway Kat von D palettes are usually great - pigmented, smooth, finely milled shadows. The black powder is so great - true black. I used it as a liner and wish I could buy it separately for that purpose. The ridiculous little brushes included in the pallette are awesome for using the black powder to tightline. The gold and greens showed up nicely.

The brown powder I didn't like as much - it had a green tinge on my warm toned brown skin. If I used a primer, then the colors stayed true. Without primer, everything kinda faded to a sparkly golden color.

on 12/16/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would absolutely buy this again.

The green side is okay, not anything too special on me, but nice as far as greens go. The other side, whoa! LOVE it. In fact, I love the bronze side more than any other palette I have ever used in my life & I always get compliments when I wear it. The price is worth it for that side alone. I also love the roses on the packaging and the almost light-rubbery texture of the outside of the palette.

One bad thing, the black shadow crumbles easily, so be careful not to drop it! If you do, just dump the black because it will get all over EVERYTHING. Black shadow is not hard to come by, so just cut your losses on that, lol.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products