April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Mushroom BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by chiimisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Skinfood Mushroom was supposed to be my first BB cream ever, so I was quite excited for it. When I first applied it to my skin, I was amazed by how well it looks! My face looked soo clean. But... Joy didn't last for long. In few hours I noticed that effect of pureness started to vanish. I also have pretty dry skin, and little pieces of it just started to peel off! Even though I moistured it well! Package looks cute, but the price is untolerable for such product. I think I ordered it for about ~20$. I think I'd better try Skin79 creams someday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this BB Cream! one of my favorites! Not as thick as Skin79 BB Creams (which I also love) but not as runny as Western BB Creams. The smell may bother some people but I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty happy with this BB cream. When I first got it in the mail, a load of oil came out when I opened the packaging, so make sure you shake the tube first just incase! #1 is very light (too light for me - NC20 for reference) with light yellow tones, #2 is pretty orangey and more for NC23/25 I think. Please look at the swatches on the links below. It doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin, lasting power is at least 8 hours, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's probably the best BB cream I've tried, I just wish the colours were better as neither of them fit my skin.

PROS:
- Feels lightweight on the skin
- Does not get oily on my skin throughout the day
- Affordable
- No breakouts
- Lasts all day without touch-ups
- Neither matte nor dewy finish...more like natural skin texture
- Blends easily
- Whitening ingredients

CONS:
- Limited colour selection
- Very low SPF

Copy links to see swatches of both shades (No.1 on left and No.2 on right)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by teetearose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is the most long lasting BB ever in my list. I use it almost everyday for my acne prone skin. My skin easily to erupts acne or white head in a second, but this BB cream saves me a lot. Hides my reddish skin, not making my acne goes bad and even heal it after i wash it off at the end of the day. Now my skin is acne free or at least less acne on it, so I don't use this often unless i got red eruption on my face. The greyish shade is there like other BB cream, but not too grey compared to other BB cream I used to try IMO. The moisture is not annoying for my oily combination skin, harmless for my acne prone skin, and last long on my skin unless i wipe my skin over and over again with tissue, it stayed just fine till afternoon. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the coverage of the Skinfood Mushroom BB cream. Shade 2 is perfect for me. I am a NC25-30 girl. I am in for heavier coverage and I love how this bb cream does a good job to smooth out my face. But again, I usually have a primer/base on before any makeup.
I find the scent very refreshing and alluring. As I have a combination skin, I would still need a little touchup maybe 4 hours later, but I am totally fine with it.
Yes. yes. I will repurchase again when I am running low.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I totally lucked out with this product; it matches my skin very well (im currently in shade #02 and have NW20-25 skin with more pink-peach undertones) and the creamy texture merges well with my drier cheeks. To combat flakiness (which this bb cream, along with any pigmented face product, can emphasize) I use a basic moisturiser and creamy primer (currently La Roche Posay's Cicaplast, which is divine). I find the staying power to be decent, and if i set with a nice finely milled powder the effect is quite nice! The smell is lovely as well, but it soon dissipates (thankfully!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this bb cream out. Unfortunately, it breaks me out whenever I use it. Other than that, the coverage is quite nice. It stays on all day and looks very natural. I rarely need touch ups when I use it. Plus the packaging is really cute and looks quite eco-friendly.

I just wish it didn't break me out!

for reference // mac nc25-30

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a fairly average bb cream, i use this as backup or when i get bored of my usual skin79 bb creams & want to use something different for a change; it's not as good as skin79, not as blendable & the colour does not look as natural, i am about a nc 25 & got #2. the scent is pleasant & i like the tube packaging though i would have preferred a smaller tube so i could use it quicker. i wouldn't purchase again as it's not the best i've used but it's not terrible either, i would probably finish it eventually.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in #2 and when it arrived, realized that it has a very pink tone to it. I did try it and it does blend right in and the pink tones were not obvious on me. I found the the smell to be similar to that of mushrooms hence the name. It did bother me so I discontinued use of the product. Also, was not good on my oily/combo skin. What I do like is the packaging of Skin Food products. I find the Agave Cactus bb cream in #1 to work much better on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sajasanaa

According the salesperson at Skin Food, this product is made for dry skin (my skin is normal to dry depending on the weather and season). I love this product because it doesn't look like I have makeup on. However, it's quite light so if you are looking to cover any blemishes or scars, this wouldn't do. Concealer is needed in addition for dark circles. I'm a NC25, so #2 works fine (#2 has slight pink undertones and #1 is more beige and paler in shade). If you are darker, I imagine neither colors available would work.

FYI. My friend has acne-prone skin, and she was Skin Food Agave Cactus Sun BB cream.