September 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Fragrances - Madini Kamary

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with dollface6. This has a very peaceful feeling to it. It's so funny, I've put off trying it for years since I read that it's supposed to be similar to Guerlain's Samsara, which is a fragrance I have a hard time with. It's just too something, dry maybe. Well anyway, my eyes fell on my Kamary sample this morning, so I put it on my wrists. I was pleasantly surprised by its softness and the comfy feeling. To my nose this is nothing at all like Samsara. I like the lemony roses and the light sandalwood, the combination is a stunner. I also like the orange marmalade note in it, it adds to that comforting, warming feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by dollface6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised to see no reviews for this scent, and It is so very worthy of a review. I purchased this scent when Madini first released, maybe 3 years ago. This is basically a sandalwood/rose combination but the skill with which it is blended is superior. It starts out bright with clear lemon notes but after about 10 minutes you can start to notice the very fresh tea rose notes (maybe yellow tea roses) and then the meaty sandalwood underneath. I think this might be a white sandalwood as it is not strong or hearty like a Mysore sandalwood. All in all the notes are on the high side but clear and balanced extrememly well. It maintains this clean feminine aroma for possibly 12 hours on my skin. Sandalwood and rose are a typical attar combination, but this Madini is on a much higher lighter plane than an attar. It has has a very peaceful sensation about it.