Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion

4.5

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Mica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dixoide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) (Iron Oxides)

on 7/10/2015 12:30:00 AM

About a year ago I was strolling through the makeup aisles of Target when I was stopped by a woman working for Boots. I'll always listen to someone suggesting me makeup or taking the time to show me different products and why I absolutely need them in my life. She showed me eyeshadow palettes and foundations but I wasn't really interested. Next she showed me this illuminator and swatched it for me. She was very persistent on me purchasing something, anything from this brand but I was definitely sold on this illuminator once I saw it on skin. It looks pearly pink in the bottle but applies onto skin very beautifully and glowy. It comes in a glass bottle with a pump applicator, but you can also screw off the top to get product out that way also. I used up every last bit of this illuminator in about 9 months as I liked it so much. Applies very dewy and pearly with no huge glitter chunks. Lasts awhile even with daily use. I used it on my cheekbones, collarbones, and my favorite- mixed with foundation for a killer glow. For 13$ it's a steal. Not as gorgeous as my HG Mary LouManizer by ANY means. But I did hear this was a dupe for Benefit's High Beam. I just won't turn on my Mary Lou EVER. I definitely suggest trying this illuminator out for yourself as it's quite lovely and every lady needs an illuminator!

on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great highlighter for dry skin.

It is very subtle. It works great for my very fair skin. A lot of highlighters tend to be more goldish, which doesn't work so well on my cool undertones. I apply it under foundation for day, and over foundation for evening use. It's subtle enough that I can use it on top of foundation without being too noticeable or pink.

For comparison, I also use the Nars copacabana multiple. While I like this formula, it isn't the best for dry skin, and doesn't blend so well in the dry winter months.
Lately I have been using the Nars highlighter, only because I spent so much money on it. I prefer the boots highlight to the nars multiple.

My only complaint, is that the product dried out really quickly. It got a funny smell after a couple of months. Maybe I received an old one, but the pump clogged up and gave it a weird consistency, even though I had barely used much product.

on 7/20/2013 6:03:00 PM

I use this over Neutrogena Anti Aging Moisturizer and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. I use it all over my face and it gives me the most beautiful dewey glow. I do not see any sparkles at all. It looks especially good when I have a tan. I get many compliments on my beautiful skin and am told I look much younger than I am. Love it. I noticed they have changed the product packaging from a pump bottle to a squeeze tube but I will continue to use it.

on 6/28/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just discovered that this product is now packaged in a squeeze tube for a lower price - but you get less product. Either way -- I will FOR SURE buy this again. But I may not need to because I know that this will last a very long time. It is a perfect dupe for Benefit High Beam. It illuminates and makes my cheeks very dewy. I sometimes mix this with my foundation for an all-over glow. I also will put a little on my collar bones. I love this stuff. This is my first Boots purchase and because of the amazing quality -- I will continue to try more Boots products.

on 5/19/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful, amazing stuff. In the bottle it's a pearlescent, slightly sparkly pink, but blended onto skin it's some kind of magic, i swear. I use a pea-sized amount of this mixed with foundation on the back of my hand almost daily. It gives my dry, sometimes dull, skin a soft, glowing look that i can't seem to achieve with anything else. It melts right into skin and looks so natural with absolutely no obvious glitter, though there is a VERY slight sparkle but you have to look very, very closely to see it. It's not greasy or oily whatsoever and doesn't break me out. One of my top favorite products!

on 1/26/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of my favorite drugstore products! I mix it into my foundation for a dewy finish. It lasts forever and is a lot cheaper than Benefit's High Beam.

on 1/20/2013 8:04:00 PM

I have heard this is a dupe for benefits high beam :)

on 12/18/2012 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I'm very pale, cool-undertoned, and this is a perfect highlighter. I like using it on my cheekbones underneath my foundation, it adds a little extra oomph, makes my skin look more awake and fresh, really gives you a lit-from-within look. Used on top of foundation, it blends out nicely patting it on with fingers.

The bottle feels very sturdy and expensive. The only part I don't like about the packaging is that the pump can get clogged a bit at times but no biggie. You get so much product, and it's worth the price (around 12-13 dollars at target).

If I ever use up my current bottle I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 12/3/2012 9:32:00 AM

I think this is a decent product for the money. Mixed with a foundation for an overall dewy look, it's quite good. But if you are purchasing it as a highlighter as I did, there are some flaws.The deal-breaker for me is that it is very sticky. When used on top of makeup as a highlighter as it is made for, it leaves a sticky tackiness. It LOOKS ok, a hair too shimmery for my liking. It just sort of never dries and feels icky. I would not repurchase and it is not a dupe for benetint. Sorry!

on 11/19/2012 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm in love! I have oily skin and I've always used a powder highlighter thinking anything else would break me out or make me oilier. Not this one, feels like a gel and dries none sticky. Makes me look younger and glowy. A little goes a long way. This bottle should last forever unless you use it on your tattoos like I do. Yes, it ALSO makes your tattoos glow! Sheer perfection:)