October 31, 2014 | 859 users online

Highlighters - Boots - No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great highlighter for dry skin.

It is very subtle. It works great for my very fair skin. A lot of highlighters tend to be more goldish, which doesn't work so well on my cool undertones. I apply it under foundation for day, and over foundation for evening use. It's subtle enough that I can use it on top of foundation without being too noticeable or pink.

For comparison, I also use the Nars copacabana multiple. While I like this formula, it isn't the best for dry skin, and doesn't blend so well in the dry winter months.
Lately I have been using the Nars highlighter, only because I spent so much money on it. I prefer the boots highlight to the nars multiple.

My only complaint, is that the product dried out really quickly. It got a funny smell after a couple of months. Maybe I received an old one, but the pump clogged up and gave it a weird consistency, even though I had barely used much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this over Neutrogena Anti Aging Moisturizer and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. I use it all over my face and it gives me the most beautiful dewey glow. I do not see any sparkles at all. It looks especially good when I have a tan. I get many compliments on my beautiful skin and am told I look much younger than I am. Love it. I noticed they have changed the product packaging from a pump bottle to a squeeze tube but I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just discovered that this product is now packaged in a squeeze tube for a lower price - but you get less product. Either way -- I will FOR SURE buy this again. But I may not need to because I know that this will last a very long time. It is a perfect dupe for Benefit High Beam. It illuminates and makes my cheeks very dewy. I sometimes mix this with my foundation for an all-over glow. I also will put a little on my collar bones. I love this stuff. This is my first Boots purchase and because of the amazing quality -- I will continue to try more Boots products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lunapuella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful, amazing stuff. In the bottle it's a pearlescent, slightly sparkly pink, but blended onto skin it's some kind of magic, i swear. I use a pea-sized amount of this mixed with foundation on the back of my hand almost daily. It gives my dry, sometimes dull, skin a soft, glowing look that i can't seem to achieve with anything else. It melts right into skin and looks so natural with absolutely no obvious glitter, though there is a VERY slight sparkle but you have to look very, very closely to see it. It's not greasy or oily whatsoever and doesn't break me out. One of my top favorite products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by daisy5679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite drugstore products! I mix it into my foundation for a dewy finish. It lasts forever and is a lot cheaper than Benefit's High Beam.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have heard this is a dupe for benefits high beam :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. I'm very pale, cool-undertoned, and this is a perfect highlighter. I like using it on my cheekbones underneath my foundation, it adds a little extra oomph, makes my skin look more awake and fresh, really gives you a lit-from-within look. Used on top of foundation, it blends out nicely patting it on with fingers.

The bottle feels very sturdy and expensive. The only part I don't like about the packaging is that the pump can get clogged a bit at times but no biggie. You get so much product, and it's worth the price (around 12-13 dollars at target).

If I ever use up my current bottle I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I think this is a decent product for the money. Mixed with a foundation for an overall dewy look, it's quite good. But if you are purchasing it as a highlighter as I did, there are some flaws.The deal-breaker for me is that it is very sticky. When used on top of makeup as a highlighter as it is made for, it leaves a sticky tackiness. It LOOKS ok, a hair too shimmery for my liking. It just sort of never dries and feels icky. I would not repurchase and it is not a dupe for benetint. Sorry!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Melmichelle29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love! I have oily skin and I've always used a powder highlighter thinking anything else would break me out or make me oilier. Not this one, feels like a gel and dries none sticky. Makes me look younger and glowy. A little goes a long way. This bottle should last forever unless you use it on your tattoos like I do. Yes, it ALSO makes your tattoos glow! Sheer perfection:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by kaaitlynhaarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DUPE DUPE DUPE FOR BENEFITS HIGH BEAM!!!!
I purchased this highlighter at target for 12.99$ and it is a dead on dupe for benefits high beam, I have very dry skin and mix this in with my foundation and it gives me a dewy glowy finish , definitely worth the money if you are looking for a cheaper alternative for highbeam!! The packaging for the no7 one is also way easier because it has a pump and looks more highend then highbeam

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No