Kat Von D Hellbent

3.8

on 8/2/2013 2:25:00 PM

This lippie is relatively new to my collection so last night I put it on to see what it wouod look like it is beautiful on my fair skin. I wiped it off before I went to bed and my lips had an amazing stain on them it was beautiful. Im not joking I woke up this morning and my lips are still stained red. It wouldnt be idea lfor every day but for those days y8u want to rock the red lip all day long it would be perf.

on 7/31/2013 9:40:00 PM

So I love Kat Von D packaging. It's just too cute but that's besides the point lol. This lipstick is very pigmented and goes on so smooth. It is so moisturizing and it's long lasting. I love. It's the perfect shade if a deep red and it's just great. I defiantly would but it again.

This is the PERFECT pin-up red I would repurchase again and again, the lipstick has a superb lasting quality (don't forget to prime your lips first!) and surprisingly it doesn't turn pink on me, like so many other users complain about. Amazing product, can't wait for the new lipstick line (glitter/sparkles) to come out!

on 7/15/2011 2:42:00 AM

i love this red! though it definitely is NOT what it looks in the tube. it is indeed a lot brighter and lighter on than one would think. that's not to say this isn't a great lipstick, because it is. it applies like a dream and lasts, well, like a dream.

on 2/28/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Great formula. Really light on the lips, and lasts for ages. This colour is remarkably different on the lips than it is in the case, as all the previous reviews attest. This wasn't a problem for me as I read the reviews here first but if I had bought it without testing I'd be quite shocked! I love bright, deep pinkish reds and that's exactly what this is, leaning a little more towards the pink end. It wears well but does stain.

on 1/13/2011 12:01:00 PM

Great red for my skin tone. It doesn't bleed and stays on well, but little drying

on 12/9/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I agree with the others that in the tube it looks gorgeous, but on it's a garish, bright color, more bright pink than brown or red, and it just doesn't work well. I went over it with a dark brown Smashbox gloss, and that helped even it out, but I want to like the color on its own, not with something else added to it. I wouldn't get it again, and I'm sure the bitty tube I have will last forever, as I don't see myself using it often.

on 12/8/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'm not totally sure what I think about Kat Von D's HELLBENT lipstick and I wasn't sure what my final ratings would be I wrote this. It is not a bad lipstick at all, but it's just not the colour I was expecting and looking for.

I'll start with the colour itself; First of all it looks like a deep red with a brown undertone in the tube, but it applies lighter and brighter. Within a few hours of application the red dries down to a raspberry pink/red, that's remarkably similar to Revlon's Cherries In The Snow. I like Cherries In The Snow fine, but if I wanted that then I'd buy that.

So; I got a red that I didn't want and that soon fades to a raspberry that I didn't want.

Now for the positives; I love the matt finish, that dries like a stain. I've been out Christmas shopping and ate and drank, but the raspberry stain is still on my lips. No feathering and the colour still looks even. My lips are dry, but the formula doesn't flake.

Overall; I liked the formula and will happily try more shades in the range. And whilst HELLBENT is OK and I'll probably still wear it, it just isn't what I wanted and expected.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just purchased this color today. I was sooooooooooo excited because in the tube, it's gorgeous. Then, I put it on. It looked almost magenta. Needless to say, I'm going to be returning it.

on 8/31/2010 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love deep red lippies and Hellbent seemed perfect. It's a gorgeous deep, dark red in the tube & was what I was looking for. Once I applied it, it looked pretty for the first hour or so but then it mutated into an almost fuchsia colour on me. I've tried a fair few reds over the years & this is the first time this has ever happened so it came as a bit of a shock.
The texture was great, a not too drying matte that wore quite well. Packaging is absolutely beautiful with the signature KVD silver roses & I loved the clear end of the tube so you can see exactly which colour you've grabbed.
Everything about Hellbent indicated it could end up in as one of my favourite reds until it changed colour. For that reason alone (and to me, it's a big reason), I'll definitely not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks