Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Blue Raspberry

4.6

on 3/27/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a neutral rosey shade, which is just a tad deeper than my pigmented lips. So it looks very polished on, and the fact that the shade is so close to my natural lip color makes this a breeze to apply, even without a mirror. Staying power of the creamy formula, as expected, is not the best, a few hours without eating, at the most. Packaging is very practical and elegant, the black slanted metal tube closes securely and holds up well when carried around daily in my purse. Note of caution: the photo in this review shows Italian Rose, not Blue Raspberry. There is no scent or taste which I like, and the formula seems to keep a bit longer than the classic BB lip color formula which goes stale and rancid within a few months of use. For this reason, I am weary of buying and storing lipstick backups from this line, although I usually regret it when favorite shades are discontinued, which happens quite often. Blue Raspberry is a staple in my makeup kit, and I will repurchase as long as it's available. $26 before tax.

on 3/27/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After many years of searching, I can finally say I've found my ultimate HG MLBB lipstick! Not only is the shade Blue Raspberry perfect, but the comfort of this lipstick on my lips is phenomenal. I love that there is no taste or scent, too.
I agree with some of the other reviewers who said that the color name Blue Raspberry is misleading. I don't find it to be reminiscent of any raspberry tone I've seen, and I don't typically choose any shades of lipstick that would be in the raspberry family. For my incredibly pale complexion (I wear BB foundations in Porcelain), this lipstick is not too dark or dramatic, and I feel that it is in fact just a touch toward neutral-toned. It seems to brighten my blue eyes, and looks nice with my auburn hair. Another plus is that I think it makes my teeth look whiter, something that becomes increasingly important to me as I've grown older. When I sweep Blue Raspberry across my fairly pigmented lips, it simply enhances my natural lip color with more evenness in tone, and it matches my lips so well that I can apply it without a mirror. The weartime is not incredible, but I'd say around three or four hours before reapplication is necessary. Once it has worn off, you can barely tell because it doesn't get "patchy" looking like some lipsticks do. I love how moisturized my lips feel when I wear this lipstick! I will absolutely, without a doubt, repurchase Blue Raspberry again and again. I know Bobbi Brown changes up the color selection pretty often, so I hope this one never gets discontinued!

on 2/18/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite MLBB, and actually one of the best lipsticks that I own. The texture on this lipstick is amazing. When I'm wearing it, it feels just as comfortable as a lip balm. I usually get really dry lips after wearing lipsticks, but Blue Raspberry leaves my lips soft and moisturized. The color looks like a muted rose on me (I'm NC15 for reference), so it's perfect for formal work days or combined with a smokey eye.

Because of the creamy texture, the lasting power isn't excellent. If I don't eat or drink, I can get it to last 3 to 4 hours. So if you are looking for a long lasting lipstick, this is not it. A good thing is that the color fades evenly, so you don't have to worry about patchy lips.

If you want a non-drying MLBB, I highly recommend Blue Raspberry! When I'll run out of this, I'm definitely going to buy a new one.

on 3/31/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am compelled to write a review for this product because I just LOVE it! I tried on this color (Blue Raspberry) and Rose Petal and decide to purchase the Blue Raspberry and I could not be happier. This is my MLBB, my perfect natural shade. Rose Petal was a bit light and too peachy pink on me, though the two looked very similar on me. I'm Asian and light-skinned, FYI.

I want to note that I was originally going to pass on this color before even trying it because like another reviewer said, the name "Blue Raspberry" is a bit misleading. I thought the color would have a much more bluish undertone, which wouldn't have matched my yellow undertone, but this isn't true at all. This lipstick isn't very "bluish."

I also love the texture and smoothness of this lipstick. I have very chapped and flaky lips all year round and wear a lot of lip balm. This lipstick goes smoothly on me, doesn't flake and isn't blotchy at all. It is excellent quality! It is also non-drying.

The packaging is really cute, the top snaps on shut tightly.

The only thing I don't like is the price; it is a bit steep. I bought it for $25 at Sephora. But when I run out, I will likely suck it up and re-buy another one because I love this product.

on 3/12/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm repurchasing tomorrow!!! This has been my go-to lipstick for several years. It's the MLBBcolor that's just a bight darker/brighter/pinker than my natural lip color. It doesn't feather like so many other lipsticks I've tried. It truly is creamy and just shiny enough, makes my lips look awesome even if the rest of me doesn't. I'm NC15 with light green eyes and naturally blonde hair for reference. :)

on 4/23/2013 9:48:00 PM

This dried my lips up so terribly. I brought it back. Also, it just didn't show up as much of a color on my lips...maybe too close to my natural lip color? SUPER DRYING.

on 12/9/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this lipstick at Nordstrom this past summer and passed on getting it at the time. But I kept eyeing it because I really liked how it gave me that 'MLBB' look for me.
So I bit the bullet and thanks to Sephora's annual $15 discount coupon, I got it. The texture is silky and light and it doesn't dry out my lips. I wear it with Pink Blossom gloss for an everyday natural look.
This is a great shade if you have pigmented lips.

on 9/6/2012 8:01:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick for about 20 years, or rather my lip but better MLBB. While I can't say this is the BEST nude color for me, it is pretty darn close. I like the consistency and how it wears, I like that there is no heavy fragrance. I will be buying this one again!

on 3/4/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great natural colour and feel. Would definitely purchase again.

on 2/20/2012 9:38:00 AM

Love this shade and formula. Creamy lipcolors are my HG lipsticks in lasting power, moisturizing feel and look. No perfumey taste either! It's like a pigmented, very long-lasting balm on me. It doesn't transfer much onto cups and lasts a good several hours- rare for me. It's creamy and thick, but doesn't feel sticky, heavy or unnatural. It's especially amazing in the winter, during which most lipsticks look dry and feathery. It applies evenly with no mirror. The shade is a lovely pigmented pinky rose on me. Rose Petal looks good on me, but Italian Rose looks awful. I have very pale yellow skin, dark hair and pigmented lips- IR looks too orangey. This is perfect with yellowy or neutral skin tones. A blueish tone isn't really noticeable, except for really neutralizing orangey tones. Perfect shade for everyday and neutral enough to wear with lots of colors. Love it!

Popular Lipsticks