September 30, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Lip Color-Blue Raspberry

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by jennyorkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am compelled to write a review for this product because I just LOVE it! I tried on this color (Blue Raspberry) and Rose Petal and decide to purchase the Blue Raspberry and I could not be happier. This is my MLBB, my perfect natural shade. Rose Petal was a bit light and too peachy pink on me, though the two looked very similar on me. I'm Asian and light-skinned, FYI.

I want to note that I was originally going to pass on this color before even trying it because like another reviewer said, the name "Blue Raspberry" is a bit misleading. I thought the color would have a much more bluish undertone, which wouldn't have matched my yellow undertone, but this isn't true at all. This lipstick isn't very "bluish."

I also love the texture and smoothness of this lipstick. I have very chapped and flaky lips all year round and wear a lot of lip balm. This lipstick goes smoothly on me, doesn't flake and isn't blotchy at all. It is excellent quality! It is also non-drying.

The packaging is really cute, the top snaps on shut tightly.

The only thing I don't like is the price; it is a bit steep. I bought it for $25 at Sephora. But when I run out, I will likely suck it up and re-buy another one because I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm repurchasing tomorrow!!! This has been my go-to lipstick for several years. It's the MLBBcolor that's just a bight darker/brighter/pinker than my natural lip color. It doesn't feather like so many other lipsticks I've tried. It truly is creamy and just shiny enough, makes my lips look awesome even if the rest of me doesn't. I'm NC15 with light green eyes and naturally blonde hair for reference. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by bookie101

This dried my lips up so terribly. I brought it back. Also, it just didn't show up as much of a color on my lips...maybe too close to my natural lip color? SUPER DRYING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this lipstick at Nordstrom this past summer and passed on getting it at the time. But I kept eyeing it because I really liked how it gave me that 'MLBB' look for me.
So I bit the bullet and thanks to Sephora's annual $15 discount coupon, I got it. The texture is silky and light and it doesn't dry out my lips. I wear it with Pink Blossom gloss for an everyday natural look.
This is a great shade if you have pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I have been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick for about 20 years, or rather my lip but better MLBB. While I can't say this is the BEST nude color for me, it is pretty darn close. I like the consistency and how it wears, I like that there is no heavy fragrance. I will be buying this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by allens2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great natural colour and feel. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Love this shade and formula. Creamy lipcolors are my HG lipsticks in lasting power, moisturizing feel and look. No perfumey taste either! It's like a pigmented, very long-lasting balm on me. It doesn't transfer much onto cups and lasts a good several hours- rare for me. It's creamy and thick, but doesn't feel sticky, heavy or unnatural. It's especially amazing in the winter, during which most lipsticks look dry and feathery. It applies evenly with no mirror. The shade is a lovely pigmented pinky rose on me. Rose Petal looks good on me, but Italian Rose looks awful. I have very pale yellow skin, dark hair and pigmented lips- IR looks too orangey. This is perfect with yellowy or neutral skin tones. A blueish tone isn't really noticeable, except for really neutralizing orangey tones. Perfect shade for everyday and neutral enough to wear with lots of colors. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I am a big fan of BB creamy lipsticks. They are great for efficiency, when I'm too busy to look in a mirror and too busy to do a layer of gloss or chapstick. This color is a great neutral for me. The blue base means that it works well with my ivory-based, pale complexion. And with my fairly pale natural lip color. It looks a bit plummy pink on me, which is a great MLLB for my coloring (again, fairly pale ivory skin, brown eyes, dark hair). This is not something that shows a lot of color, not bold, but I love it for work - looking professional and for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by StellaStarlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is a great neutral for me, and to my eyes is a blue based brownish pink - slightly mauve but more pink and close to my natural lip color (actually lighter). I've been trying to find a color that is like my lip color but a bit more intense - haven't found it yet but this color suits me. It is a bit greasy but as I blot my lipstick and then re-apply and blot once more (so my lips are more stained than screaming "LIPSTICK") the gooey factor is eliminated. If I didn't blot this I would be annoyed by the cloying texture it would leave. I also use a lip pencil to control the color bleed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It is a lipstick and a lip balm in one, and it has some glossiness to it. This is a beautiful color. It is like a cool toned mauve color on me. This is a my lips but better color. The creaminess does wear well and doesn't dry my lips out. Absolutely love the formula.