April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lipstick - MAC - MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour Perennial Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hydramgeablue

I've never been a fan of long-wearing lipcolor -- whether it's spendy or cheap, but Pro Longwear Lipcolour changed my mind. I was in search of the perfect shade of a pinkish-red to wear for my wedding and for everyday, and Perennial Rose fit the bill.

With full coverage, the color is dark, more of a wine-pink, and a bit too much for everyday, but applied lightly, it is much more demure and definitely office-appropriate

Unlike other long-wearing (and admittedly, drugstore-purchased) lipsticks, this didn't dry out my lips. True, it doesn't feel as smooth as a regular cream lipstick, but it didn't flake off or feel like sandpaper.

And yes, it truly does last for hours -- through eating, drinking, photos, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Plummy rose, if that makes sense. Again I love these long wear colors! They're a saving grace for folks like me who hate retouching lipstick and are munching/drinking all day long. This lasts through everything and the color is a spectacular shade for almost any skin tone. Very romantic, bitten-lip look without being too red. It's a very natural looking plum-rose without making me look like I have on *dark* or *bright* lipstick, really great shade. Would def. repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colour of this is def not a rose IMHO. It is a deep shade of wine, like a burgundy when you apply full coverage. Pretty intense colour but with a seperate lip brush able to paint a light coating it is a more rose wine colour.

Very long lasting, the most important thing is not to use any lip balm or moisturizers underneath or the colour will slip off. On clean dry lips, paint on the lip colour, wait for about 1 minute and very important do not press the lips together, it will end up splotchy.

Keep the gloss handy, you need touch ups during the day. This lasts and lasts thru meals and coffee breaks it is amazing! And for the price, frequency of applications, i see this will last a long time. If the gloss runs out refills are available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by charbaby

I like these lipsticks in general and have several different colors. I like this color because it is not too red..or too pink or too plum. I like to use it as a base for other lipcolors I want to wear..such as NARS matte velvet pencils in Cruella, Forbidden Red, ect. So you can make it redder if you want..or apply a lighter color if you want. It is a darker color, but I dont have pigmented lips at all and need color..plus I am a touch on the dramatic side!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

There were no reviews for Perennial Rose so I took the chance and bought it from MAC's website based off of MAC's color swatch.

I believe that the description given on the website is inaccurate and the color shown is lighter than what you actually get. This lipcolor reminds me of a discontinued MAC lipstick called Carnal, but darker. It is not as bright as Carnal. Perennial Rose is a wine color, kind of like MAC's Amorous lipstick but with more purple. I would describe it as a little dramatic on me, but I am an NC25 Asian, colors can easily become dramatic looking.

The more subtle colors in the Pro Longwear are For Keeps and Night Rose. Those are lighter pinks. I might change my mind on the No I gave for buying Perennial Rose again. I could see it working for other people, those with more tanned skin and lighter hair or those who like dramatic looks.