September 1, 2014 | 2002 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by fallfromgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at a duty free place while travelling. I put it on using my fingers and find it hard to blend. Also, I think I got matched with the wrong shade because it's way too dark on my skin. Also, I experience pilling when I use it. Even though I bought it at a duty free shop, I regret purchasing it and rarely use it. I forgot how it doesn't work for me and use it every few months, only to be reminded about how awful this product is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Rosethulian

Is it very good foundation to cover up large pores. I always get compliment for 'no make up' look with this as it evens out my pores and slight discoloration. Though it is not lasting. You need to touch up. I have been using this since it is first launched. And it is my HG everyday natural make up

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The colour of this foundation was perfect for my skin (pale, but not pink or yellow based - somewhere in-between) I really wanted it to work, which it did for the first two hours. However, I got so oily so quickly that the constant touch ups weren't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this foundation last year, not sure what color I'd be I bought both numbers 5 and 6. 5 is my perfect winter shade and 6 suits my skin during the summer time. For reference I am mac nc30 or c3, armani number 6, laura mercier tinted moisterizer in bisque. This is a light coverage foundation, you don't need a lot and its best applied with your fingers. It covers the redness I have in my cheeks and around my nose, and makes my skin look smooth and poreless. I usually apply mac studiofix powder in my tzone or I used makeup forevers hd powder and it looks so good. I wouldn't repurchase just because I'm fickle and always looking for the next best thing and it's also quite pricey in my opinion. I will use up my tubes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by slynsexysteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst foundations I’ve ever tried. It provides absolutely NO coverage at all! Searching for matte foundation online, I purchased it solely based on its name, and the fact that I like YSL eye makeup and lip gloss. I used my regular ‘foundation prep’ routine, and then applied the YSL foundation. It did not even attempt to cover one tiny blemish or freckle. I was in a rush, and with no time to wash my face and start over, I used some of my Clarins Matte foundation over it to gain coverage. What’s worse, the YSL foundation made my face feel sticky all day. Usually, I wear the Mattify Cosmetics Ultra powder under my makeup to give it super oil control. Since I wanted to see how well the YSL matte makeup would control oil on its own, I skipped it during my first trial run of this new makeup. Big mistake! My face looked like a grease ball after a couple of hours, even with the Clarins Matte makeup over the top of the YSL. I could not wait to get home and wash my face. By 5pm, I looked like some creation from a Wax Museum. Also, I ended up with 3 breakouts. Now that I have read other people’s reviews, I see the silicone probably caused the acne. With most foundations, I realize it takes a few uses to adjust…but this one isn’t getting a second chance. I would have to pile on concealer before using it just to get an even complexion, and would also have to pile on a ton of oil absorbing products, because this one doesn’t take care oiliness at all. This really should be sold as a Tinted Moisturizer, as it does not provide any coverage. YSL…love your lip glosses, but this foundation was a big fail for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a shame! This foundation for me has all the potentials to be a gorgeous foundation for oily and acne prone skins but unfortunately its not :( First of all if you are someone who likes to relay on her foundation for sun protection, you can forget about it . This has spf 10 witch is too low to offer reliable sun protection. Personally I couldn't care less for the spf factor cuz simply I dont relay on my foundation for that. My biggest issue with this foundation is the coverage . For me this is not even a foundation its a tinted moisturizer the coverage is very low and when I say low I mean next to nothing that low!Its silicone based, comes in a tube, its a cream to powder kind of foundation. Dispenses from the tube very thick and that made me believe that its gonna offer good coverage but the texture quickly softens as it applies on your skin leaving a literally transparent powdery veil. Has very good staying power and makes the skin smooth and almost poreless . Feels like nothing on the skin and wears very comfortable all day long without creasing. I need good coverage so its impossible to use it as my main foundation cuz it covers absolutely nothing. what I like to do is to use it like a primer I apply a thin layer all over my face and then on top of that I layer my regular foundation and works amazingly ! Gives a perfect poreless velvety canvas to apply my foundation on top. Am I willing to pay $52 for a primer again ? The answer is easily NO ! I would only suggest this to someone with very good skin who doesnt need lots of coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely not for the ladies who want full coverage, but i give it 5 stars because it works wonders on me. The texture is mousse and it really mattifies, it makes the skin even looking without that annoying glow/shine. The colour looks darker in the tube than it really is so dont be discouraged. I have blue black hair with pale skin and use number 4 (sand). Already got 2 tubes and will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by lien21

Pros:
- matifying
- blends really well
- smooths surface of skin nicely

Cons:
- low-med coverage

P.S. I suggest you do not buy this if you are looking for heavy coverage foundation. However if your skin is rather even and needs a bit of coverage, this foundation is great for oily skin people! It is also rather pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

What it claims:

1. It is ultra-light and oil free
2. It won’t settle into lines, or leave your complexion looking dull, dry or out-dated.
3. helps purify and control oil
4. hide imperfections and illuminate the complexion
5. Hour after hour, skin feels fresh and refined and stays comfortably matte, so you can face the day without any worries. SPF 10.
6. Ideal for combination to oily skin.

What I experienced
1. It is ultra-light and oil free
2. Nice whip consistency
3. It has a drying effect.
4. Does not offer a matte finish, but more semi-matte/dewy.
5. Not good for summer as the heat/my sweat really made this foundation run all over my face.
6. Use quite a bit of product.
7. Did not break out or deal with oil.

Overall: I would say this is better for someone who is not dry or oily. Definitely on the normal side. It does not have long lasting power. Not for me, but may be a favorite for others.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to YSL to get a good concealer and ended up not being able to match me, so I tried this foundation that was supposed to have more coverage (and then I wouldn't need to use as much concealer). First of all this is way too pricey at $58!!! Second, I got the shade 4 which I think it a bit too dark. I applied it like they told me too and when I applied it a) went on WAY too streaky b) I felt like i was just putting primer on my face, not foundation. I tried to apply it different ways and I think if you have perfectly clear skin, this will just enhance it. If you need coverage, this is not your foundation. I will say that it is lightweight on the skin and it is matte. I bought Revlon Colostay on a whim and it works WONDERS on me.....concealing almost everything (red spots) without having to use much concealer and therefore I only need a little bit of concealer on any real problem areas. So, before I return this, I am going to try and use this as a spot concealer since it is matte, just to see if I like it. I will update if I end up liking it as a concealer.