MAC Femme-Fi from Neo Sci-Fi Collection [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 2/6/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Femme Fi is my HG highlighter color. I bought as many backups as I could when it was discontinued! The Velux Pearl finish is a dream to apply, and the finish is amazing. I'm NC30 and this shade is perfection for me--I wear is with my other HG's: Henna & Patina. I have found that Peek-At-You is very close, so I'll use that as my Dupe and save my Femme Fi for evenings and special occassions. I hope this shade is brought back some day. (No, Shroom doesn't do it for me.)

I love this shadow! I'm so glad I found it at my CCO. It can be used as a highlight or an all over the lid wash on lazy days. It really brightens up my eye and is just a really lovely color! Hope they re-release it before I run out!

on 10/15/2011 5:11:00 PM

Pro: Warm toned so it doesn't go gray on my skin (NC35). e.g., NARS Edie is too cool on me and looks ashy and unnatural.

Con: Still too frosty and glittery by my standards (although I'm aware that by MUA standards, this is quite conservative). I prefer Laura Mercier Stellar or NARS Abyssinia.

MY FAVOURITE EYESHADOW EVER! I heard people ranting about it on youtube and i have to agree, it is sooooooooooooo amazing! It is like a mixture of ricepaper and shroom like people have said below, but it actually is honestly like that! It is like a cameralised version of shroom and i honestly cannot explain my love for this! it gives a bright eye awakened feel and is not chalky and very pigmented! It also isn't too shimmery which i like. The only bad thing is that it is limited edition.
I hope mac comes out with more of this shade or more eyeshadows like this or put it in their permanent line, it is so amaazing! BEST EYESHADOW OF MY LIFE. LOVE IT . i definitely recommend it is beautiful, most gorgeous eyeshadow ever

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been looking for this eyeshadow forever & I finally found it at a CCO and I'm so glad I did. I love the color, very pretty & could be described as a shimmering beige. It's a gorgeous lid color & really brightens my eyes. Really like it, but sad it's discontinued :(

on 5/25/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm pretty sure every highlight I ever bought was my favorite at one point but this truly is my favorite of all my MAC ones. I got this in a swap and have used almost no others since I received it. The color is warm golden champagne with a yellow undertone. I find this is more wearable on me than others. Phloof can be too frosty & stark sometimes and Shroom can be too sheer for my liking. I do like both I listed btw, I've just fallen more in love with FF lately. This is the only Veluxe Pearl I really LOVE. The texture doesn't turn me off and I have no problem with fallout or chunky glitters. It is limited edition but can easily be found on ACW or at a CCO. I would buy this again!

on 5/24/2011 11:01:00 PM

Femme Fi is a beautiful sort of sheer champagne gold eye shadow.
- - -
Pros - great highlight / corner of the eye color. A subtle wash of color. Quality, long last color. Perfect amount of shimmer and sheen without being over the top. Blends easily with other shades or looks great as a stand alone.
- - -
Cons - limited edition.
- - -
Overall - I wouldn't say this is a must have but it is definitely worth owning. Like other reviewers have mentioned it does look like it has a yellowish cast in the pan but once applied it is more gold. Universally flattering.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This has to be one of my favorite all over lid colors. It doesn't look all that yellow once applied, more like a shimmery light beige.

on 2/10/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty, but doesn't really show up on my NC20-25 skin. The search for the perfect inner corner highlight continues :(

on 1/24/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Femme-Fi is a really nice shadow, especially to use as a highlight. I pass over it a lot because it looks so yellow in the pan, I forget that it doesn't look all that yellow once applied. It's a nice light shimmery champagne gold. So silky smooth!

Popular Eye Shadows