December 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Hair Color - Splat Pink Hair Dye

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Included in the box is:
One 3 fl oz bottle of dye
One bottle of "oxide" for the bleach powder, (Doesn't give measurement on bottle)
One 1.25 oz packet of lightening bleach powder
Two plastic application nozels
One basic pair of gloves
One instruction sheet

I dye my hair unusual colors every few months, but I *adore* this intensity of pink so much that I plan on keeping up with this color for quite some time.

I was skeptical at first because you can buy this at any drug store, and I've never bought alternative hair color dyes at any convenience store until this product. The price is also really good, in consideration of what you get in the package as well as the overall quality of product.

I must also say that I've *not* used the bleach in the dye kit, at all, so this review is only for the actual color dye itself.
I also don't use the gloves included, but use latex gloves from a bulk box.

I started out with a golden blonde with platinum highlights, and found that the dye is actually -much more intense and bold- on the darker golden blonde, and is a bit lighter and softer on the platinum areas. It's been two months and I have yet to re-dye my hair, and it's still fantastically intense, with very minimal fading. ( I was even complimented on the intensity just two days ago.)

The price in comparison to other dyes like Manic Panic (This color is comparable to Manic Panic's "Hot Hot Pink") and Special Effects, is great and this is just so much easier to come by since you don't have to go to a specialty store or order online. The dye doesn't destroy your hair and one bottle packs quite a punch. (My hair is chin length, but very thick and when I finish dying my hair, I'm left with 1/3 of a bottle.)

It will stain surfaces, but I've found it's actually a lot easier to clean this dye from the bathroom tile/sink and (white) plastic of the shower than other similar style dyes.
Also differing from other similar style dyes, is that it really has no offensive odor whatsoever.

I've also noticed some people have had some less than stellar results from the dye, but I'll offer a few tips to get your money's worth.

Tips:
*You should always prime your hair a day or two before dying, meaning wash it- make sure it's clean, but don't use conditioner. (Conditioner will make the dye 'slip')
* When you dye your hair, wrap it in plastic or wear a shower cap to process, and keep the dye from drying out.
* Use a gentle formula shampoo (I use Clear), and again, don't condition (the first day) and rinse with mild to cold temperature water.
*Wash your hair once a week, after initial dying. (It's ok to go back to conditioner now.)
*If you have left over dye, you can mix the dye with your conditioner which will also help it's lasting power.

Other tips:
*Use vaseline or thick lotion around your hairline and on the tips of your ears to prevent dye getting on and staining your skin.
*If you do get the dye on your skin, and can't wipe it off right away, use a makeup removing cleansing wipe or rubbing alcohol. Your skin will still be pink, but it'll be quite a bit -less- pink.
*I always sleep with a dark colored towel on my pillow the first week after dying, to prevent excess dye from getting on my pillowcase, and wrap a 'scrap dye' towel around the back of neck while dying my hair.
*It's ok to use leave-in conditioners, hair masks, or split end treatments after the first few days after dying. (I don't heat style, use gel or hairspray though, so I can't say the effect those things will have.)

Hope this helps :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by JaraDamnit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this hair dye. I have used all the colors, my very favorite is definitely the pink. The purple does turn pink & doesn't stay very long at all (at least not in my hair). The blue lasts forever, but it's extremely dark. The turquoise color turns green the second wash. But it doesn't ever come out completely. Their black is the bomb, doesn't fade to brown like most blacks do stays completely true to the color. Now, the pink... stays very vibrant, but it will not come out of your hair, if you want it gone you have to color over it. Splat lasts waayy longer than any other semi permanent colors, & is also truer to the color it's supposed to be. I actually have the luscious raspberry in my hair now, I'm not sure how this one will stay, but probably much better than manic panic or any of the others I have tried. But the downside to this dye is it stains EVERYTHING it comes into contact with, including skin. My head has a spot on it appearing as if I got hit with a blunt object. Lol but I definitely love this brand of hair colors. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Kestral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has always worked for me. I had hot pink hair for almost a year and I loved it. All the other pink dyes that I tried weren't as intense or long lasting. When my mom let me dye my hair black, I tried a lot of diferent brands and none of them could dye over the pink. Then I tried the splat black and on the first try its lasted me over six months.

The only problem I have with it is the purple dye. It turns a patchy pink but I'm willing to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Cupcake89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After using different pink/purple shades of Manic Panic for a long time, I decided to try Splat Luscious Raspberries to see how they compared. I must say that I will never use Manic Panic again. I left the product in for 1 hour over unbleached, light brown hair, and the colour I got from the Splat hair dye was a super bright, even, vibrant red. I did not use the bleach that came with the dye because my hair is fine and prone to damage, but the colour turned out great even without it. Even my darker roots look the same shade as the rest of my hair now. Another big plus for me is that the colour does not get all over my skin and pillow while sleeping like it used to when I used Manic Panic. I got a few stains on my skin during the dying process, but they came off almost completely within 1 shower. The only thing I would recommend is to buy 2 bottles if you have long hair, as the bottle is not very big. So far the colour is lasting nicely. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Mickey41

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE SPLAT COLORS!!! I had been wanting to color my hair an unnatural color for quite some time now, and always saw this at walgreens and wondered if it was any good. So finally I decided to give it a try. The box comes with bleach to lighten your hair, and the color as well. I decided to buy quick blue bleach to bleach my hair, that was just my preference though. I can't really say with certainty how well the bleach that comes in the box works. I have dyed black hair, so throughout the course of a week, I bleached a few chunks of hair. I bleached it till it was yellowish blonde. I used the Pink Fetish color. I wrapped aluminum foil around it and left it on for about 30 minutes. When I washed it out, I seriously fell in love with it. It looked amazing! Even my mom who was initially very against the idea was amazed by how gorgeous it looked. I always get complimented on it, and have never received any negative comments. People always ask me where I get the pink done and are amazed to know I do it myself. The great thing about this product is that the color in the bottle lasts you a while if you do a couple streaks on your hair. The pink color on the roots tends to last long, but the only problem ive had has been with the ends. SInce they are now so porous from the bleaching, it has a difficult time holding onto the color. Regardless, it fades to a lovely color, and its really not a big deal for me to touch up the streaks once a week, while Im doing other things, just because I love how vibrants it looks. Truly an amazing color! I also bought the blue one, and I really like that as well. AFter that faded, I mixed the blue and pink together and made purple, so now I have purple hair lol. Once this fades im going back to pink!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by xXkristinagraceXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOOOVE splat hair colors! The first time I used it I bleached it completely and put red streaks. Those faded into a orange pretty fast. Next time I used it I bleached all my hair and colored it with Pink fetish. Omg I fell in love love love. Not to mention everyone asked me where I got it, how good it looked, how nice I looked with pink hair! Unfortunately, something happened and I had to die my hair brown(not the hair dyes fault at all). I really don't feel the same without my pink hair. lol but I just bought the blue for the first time and I'm coloring streaks in now. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a great, vibrant color. And now they have the "washables" and that's exactly what my friend wants for this summer so I'm going to recommend those to her. Keep up the good work I say :) (to show how well it looks here's what the pink looked like on me. Excuse the silly face. lol http://imgur.com/pgcPb)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by venessatc

The entire Splat line is amazing! The colors are true to Shade!
-The kit contains Protective gloves so Ladies make sure you utilize them!
-Personally my favorite is Pink Fetish, but the Lusty Lavender does the job.
-Just make sure you bleach your hair to a full level 9-10 before you apply the color & also verify your hair is CLEAN & DRY when you process the bleach & the dye.
-Small tip to increase longevity of color: Process the color for a full hr covered with a shower cap (plastic bag works fine) and blow dry for the first 5-10 min.
This helps create heat that's normally produced by your scalp.
Good luck with this amazing color!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by LostInWonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love hair dye, i really do think i even may have an addiction. ;D I was really excited to try splat, because instead of searching for punky colors or special effects, it was available at any walgreens/drug store! Fantastic right? It had lovely reviews on the internet and whatnot and didn't seem that expensive (it came with bleach too!) so i got some. However, upon actually using it i found a few hitches. First, the bleach is okay, not super brilliant, and definitely wouldn't have helped my hair if it hadn't already been pretty light (I think it was a blue) Then i didn't like how you had to actually mix the dye, i'm so used to the other crazy color brands coming premixed. The dye itself didn't stay well in my hair at all, a little over a week maybe. It faded alot too >..> would not buy again... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i have used splat in pink fetish and lusty lavender. i LOVE it. i used to have to order special effects for $15 plus shipping and this is just as good, at around $10 at walgreens. the staying power is amazing if you bleach your hair. it WILL stain you skin, clothes, tub, etc. so slather on the vaseline and cover everything with towels. i get compliments and attention (all positive thus far) every time i leave the house, so if you are timid, don't go for this. the pink is a very bright pink and the lusty lavender is actually a dark purple. i really love splat.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by candykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the color "luscious raspberries"and highlighted my hair. it says for a subtle hint of color use on unbleached hair. My hair hasn't been bleached for over a year so I went ahead and did it. That was 5 months ago and it is still in my hair not as shocking fire engine red as it was the first 3 months but still bright. the box says it last up to 6 weeks. like i said it does not wash out in 6 weeks at all.